On-Line Yard Sale

PHANTASM

So, I was offerring an old video card to another member in a different thread, and it got me thinking:

I bet we have collectively, more used computer hardware than anyone. I have piles of old computer stuff and I'm sure if you are over 25 and live in North America or Western Europe you do too.

We have lots of kids here and lots of people from Eastern Europe or Latin America for whom our "old" hardware is an upgrade.

Why not set up some kind of swap or exchange here. We could list all our stuff and people could make offers or make donations for it. Or just give it away for the cost of shipping.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, somebody could abuse it I'm sure, but what do you think?

• Like 1

Very good idea! Donations for the parts for our clan is the best way i think..but how should we handle it?

Take a picture, give a description, and post a video of the item in use so we know it works. Upload it to youtube (takes ten minutes).

List a suggested donation amount and shipping cost. Use pm for addresses.

Recipient can send money as a donation to the clan account after it arrives.

I don't know how to handle the return policy (I'm sure something will get broken or lost knowing our clan).

I myself have a lot of junk to get rid of but i feel bad just throwing it away. I have so much stuff i could walk in the other room and build a pc in about an hour. When im low on cash i just build one an put on Craigslist for $50 and it usually sells that day. I will make a post in members section giving away a few things soon for FREE! But you must pay shipping or make a donation to F|A. I have mobo's, drives, ram, and more old video cards than i can count.

@ PHANTASM if you make the tread ill add my stuff to it when i get a chance.

I myself have a lot of junk to get rid of but i feel bad just throwing it away. I have so much stuff i could walk in the other room and build a pc in about an hour. When im low on cash i just build one an put on Craigslist for $50 and it usually sells that day. I will make a post in members section giving away a few things soon for FREE! But you must pay shipping or make a donation to F|A. I have mobo's, drives, ram, and more old video cards than i can count.

@ PHANTASM if you make the tread ill add my stuff to it when i get a chance.

Plz do list this :)

Well i would like to make the post in member section to look out for clan members first. I will make a post soon but i got alot going on now. RL FTW

Well i would like to make the post in member section to look out for clan members first. I will make a post soon but i got alot going on now. RL FTW

That's just it lol. Don't know if we have enough clan members or if we should have it here where all the regulars and visitors can see it.

I already see someone trying to barter for sexual favors.

Otherwise it sounds like a great idea. You would likely have the most success if you put it out on the public forums. Also use of a service like paypal is probably preferred...although I'm not up to date on their international policies. Ironically I just happen to be going through some things in the garage today and found 3 old video cards, a print server I've hardly used and still in the original box and quite and assortment of cables. I may keep an eye out here for what to do with them.

If anybody wants a Intel 286 processor, give me a shout. :yahoo

I still have a Windows 95 which I use to run all my old games, and it has never, ever, never ever in 15 years broken down. Old workmanship ftw.

here is some ram i have.

DSC00512.jpg?t=1280072564

PC133- 11 total, five 128M, four 256M, and one 512M. Also have two mystery chips lol

PC2700 - one 256M CL 2.5

PC2100 - two 256M CL 2.5

PC1600 - one 256M CL 2.0

PC600-53 - two Rambus 128MB (2x64) Have a spacer card too (if you just want to run one chip) lol

PC100 (ask me have lots)

PC2-3200 - three DDR2 256M CL 3.0

Now for the Processors

DSC00518.jpg?t=1280072609

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 supporting HT Technology (2M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting HT Technology 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 800 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 533 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 540/540J supporting HT Technology (1M Cache, 3.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Core™ Solo Processor T1300 (2M Cache, 1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 4200+ Athlon 64 X2, 2.2 GHz (ADA4200IAA5CU) taken, HULK $10 for F|A

All is FREE with donation to F|A. PM me for specific items and donation amounts.

THIS STUFF IS ALL USED. Some I know works some i dont know. I can not guarantee that any of this stuff will work. All is free with small donation

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about selling my B.C. Rich Warlock bronze series. It's been sitting in storage for quite some time, maybe someone could put it to better use by taking it on the road and getting chicks with it :yahoo

here is some ram i have.

DSC00512.jpg?t=1280072564

PC133- 11 total, five 128M, four 256M, and one 512M. Also have two mystery chips lol

PC2700 - one 256M CL 2.5

PC2100 - two 256M CL 2.5

PC1600 - one 256M CL 2.0

PC600-53 - two Rambus 128MB (2x64) Have a spacer card too (if you just want to run one chip) lol

PC100 (ask me have lots)

PC2-3200 - three DDR2 256M CL 3.0

Now for the Processors

DSC00518.jpg?t=1280072609

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 supporting HT Technology (2M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting HT Technology 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 800 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.80 GHz, 512K Cache, 533 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 540/540J supporting HT Technology (1M Cache, 3.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Core™ Solo Processor T1300 (2M Cache, 1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB)

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 4200+ Athlon 64 X2, 2.2 GHz (ADA4200IAA5CU) taken, HULK $10 for F|A

All is FREE with donation to F|A. PM me for specific items and donation amounts.

THIS STUFF IS ALL USED. Some I know works some i dont know. I can not guarantee that any of this stuff will work. All is free with small donation

Wow nice. You got an awesome collection going.

I was thinking about selling my B.C. Rich Warlock bronze series. It's been sitting in storage for quite some time, maybe someone could put it to better use by taking it on the road and getting chicks with it :yahoo

how could i buy that from you :DD