GUID problem

SadNesS

Hi @all

I encouraged a friend to download ET a few weeks ago. He has no GUID, no matter what he does. We've already tried pb_cl_enable, /reconnect and vid_restart but nothing helps. Every time he is connected his GUID is 0000... He has also reinstalled the game and downloaded a new etkey but that did not help. 

Do you have a solution for that? Because i've never heard/seen anything like this in all these years... !?

enable punkbuster in play online menu of ET perhaps it work then or if you reinstall select enable right at the start

We also tried that, but unfortunately that does not help either. Thank you!

Download PB from here http://www.etkey.org/ (How to do it is also stated in the link)

And that too, but it does not help! Thank you!

I sent my friend the same download i used for the first time (2.60b) (2015 downloaded from me) and is still the same. And everything works for me!

Edited by SadNesS

Ok, so.

First check if u indeed have a GUID, by doing /cl_guid. If it shows that u have an unknown GUID try to connect to a server and do:

- /pb_cl_enable

- /pb_system 1

-/pb_writecfg

-/reconnect

Let me know what happens.

Ok, so.

First check if u indeed have a GUID, by doing /cl_guid. If it shows that u have an unknown GUID try to connect to a server and do:

- /pb_cl_enable

- /pb_system 1

-/pb_writecfg

-/reconnect

Let me know what happens.

That does not work either! If he does that, he has a GUID but after the reconnect, it's back to 0000...

Click here to download the ETKey generator. If u indeed miss the ETKey file it will generate one itself. After that open ET again and try the commands that you see above on my previous reply.

Make an autoexec.cfg
Open Notepad in Windows or right-click on desktop and New, text document.
Write in it like this:
pb_cl_enable
cl_punkbuster "1"
X out and Do You want to save changes? Yes
Backspace on Name and Write:autoexec.cfg
Save as type: All files
It will be saved to My Documents
Copy autoexec(config file) to C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain
You could also put it in mod folders.

• Leader

Do you have a solution for that? Because i've never heard/seen anything like this in all these years... !?

What operating system does his computer use?

I have heard of this problem for some Mac users.  

Odd stuff. I've seen some issues where the GUID is unknown, but not a bunch of zeros. Is the following folder present, and is there an ETKey file inside?

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain

Also, make sure the game is started as an Administrator.
post-9897-0-21106900-1522103708_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xernicus
etkey file + note about running game as admin
  • Like 2

Make an autoexec.cfg

Open Notepad in Windows or right-click on desktop and New, text document.

Write in it like this:

pb_cl_enable

cl_punkbuster "1"

X out and Do You want to save changes? Yes

Backspace on Name and Write:autoexec.cfg

Save as type: All files

It will be saved to My Documents

Copy autoexec(config file) to C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain

You could also put it in mod folders.

That helped, but if he connects to another server and then comes back it's not working again and always has to do /exec autoexec.cfg. Do you have a solution for that?

Thanks to everyone for your support!

• Like 1

Try downloading Wolf:ET from this site

http://www.splashdamage.com/content/download-wolfenstein-enemy-territory

or download the Legacy Wolf:ET launcher

https://www.etlegacy.com/download

try deleting the destination folder from Wolf:ET

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

bcs when you uninstall the game i think that the guid or et key stay and don't uninstall. :/

when deleted the folder try reinstalling Wolf:ET from one of the links i gave u up :)

reply if anyhthing helped :)

• Leader

try deleting the destination folder from Wolf:ET

C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

bcs when you uninstall the game i think that the guid or et key stay and don't uninstall. :/

when deleted the folder try reinstalling Wolf:ET from one of the links i gave u up :)

reply if anyhthing helped :)

False:  people who have reinstalled ET have told me that their etkey and silent.dat files disappear.  We tell them to copy their etkey file (from the etmain folder) and the silent.dat file (from the Silent mod folder) and to copy them back into their source folders when they do reinstall.  

It is good to keep copies of those files somewhere else, just in case something bad happens to your computer.  You could mail them to your online email service or to your phone.  :)  A file backup system is good too.

• Like 1