ignore command

Spreadem

Yes this might be a bit trivial but ive noticed some players trying to ignore pm spam from other idiotic players trying to harass them etc using the /ignore command but for some reason u have to put the full nickname in to ignore instead of the players slot, can this be fixed?? :wub:

• Like 1

It's a jaymod thing. If u want to disable PM's on jaymod click ESC->Jaymod->misc->Private messages.

most players know that but ive been in past clans on gaymod that enable allow u to use the players slot number not whole name, i dont see why players should have to turn off pm for idiotic players, reportiong these players via pm to fa only goes so far(like it never happend situation)

Edited by Spreadem
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Yes this might be a bit trivial but ive noticed some players trying to ignore pm spam from other idiotic players trying to harass them etc using the /ignore command but for some reason u have to put the full nickname in to ignore instead of the players slot, can this be fixed?? :wub:

/ignore doesn't work on Jm, if I remember right

I indeed just checked it and it says: Client not on server. While the exact slot number is on the server! Learn something everyday.

My biggest issue with ignore is that it tells the player they have been ignored. I feel like that invites more harassment..

Indeed, I don't see why it's written in there either tbh.. it may as well say "they won't see your messages now, why not change your alias to insult them instead?"

• Like 5

okay this sounds more like a  take a screenshot  send  proof of who doing it thing then just  ignoring them  

how to take a screenshot

Alright. Let's stay on topic.

We'll look into seeing what can be done about ignoring specific slot numbers on JayMod. Keep in mind: no promises. This is functionality baked into the mod itself, and a new feature would need to be developed to replace it.

Trust me, it is helpful if you can grab a screenshot of someone harassing you via PM.

reportiong these players via pm to fa only goes so far(like it never happend situation)

Believe it or not, if you use Contact Us or use Server Complaints, they will be dealt with and you'll see a result. Reporting on forums, we can look back and see what's up. Adding screenshots, even better. I can guarantee a result if you report on forums. You're not obligated to do it, but then don't say "=F|A does little, like it never happened". Because we can only really work with what's reported on the forums.

And c'mon man... who cares which server or mod someone plays on. Everyone's opinion and advice is equal here. It's fine to disagree with it, but don't invalidate it.
Doesn't matter where you go, trolls will show up.

• Like 3

We'll look into seeing what can be done about ignoring specific slot numbers on JayMod. Keep in mind: no promises. This is functionality baked into the mod itself, and a new feature would need to be developed to replace it.

Trust me, it is helpful if you can grab a screenshot of someone harassing you via PM.

Believe it or not, if you use Contact Us or use Server Complaints, they will be dealt with and you'll see a result. Reporting on forums, we can look back and see what's up. Adding screenshots, even better. I can guarantee a result if you report on forums. You're not obligated to do it, but then don't say "=F|A does little, like it never happened". Because we can only really work with what's reported on the forums.

And c'mon man... who cares which server or mod someone plays on. Everyone's opinion and advice is equal here. It's fine to disagree with it, but don't invalidate it.

Fair enough  ;)

cant remember off hand  .. long day but i just read this and  i know u can change a command  line and  the sound of the  pak3 ..screaming is  muted.. so u just see it in the header in counsel.? with no annoying sounds  . but  long day!!!!! .

just needs fixing to be able to ignore slot numbers, i think admins have enough on their hands Kiba :) come to jay1 sometime :hmm

make sure you read below very carefully mate  i mean i could not have said it any better myself  

we deal with just as many trolls on the sil and hc servers if not more then the  jaymod crew do they just have a more variety of them 

and trust me  all trolls will  eventually get what coming to them in the end  we just need you players to do your part and  bring us proof of the trolling and  harassment  

and yes just like you said  we do have enough  on our hands  we can't always  catch the trolls in the act that where you  guys come in and that's why the forums are here  for you guys/girls who have to deal with the  trolls to bring us the proof we need to take care of them 

• Like 3