ET Server Suggestion Jay1

Smileyyy

• Platinum VIP

well, seeing I have spend most of my ET years in your clan It'd be hard to have a lot of experience running servers all of a sudden. But if you want me to give an example, I have always loved .EA#NoDownload (pretty sure its offline, please dont ban me for advertising :D). It had no molotovs, no poison knifes. They had stuff like trickjump protection like on the walls supply depoty so doublejump wouldnt ruin 50% of the maps. All in all it was really trimmed down and really straightforward ET and thats what I loved about it. If you are completely upfront about what you said I could contact their leaders and ask for the serverconfig.edit: I missclicked enter so the message went without text. typed as fast as humanly possible but sniped me nontheless :'D

@DD, I can see it. Can you see it Where I quoted it?

• Like 1

• Administrators

well, seeing I have spend most of my ET years in your clan It'd be hard to have a lot of experience running servers all of a sudden. But if you want me to give an example, I have always loved .EA#NoDownload (pretty sure its offline, please dont ban me for advertising :D). It had no molotovs, no poison knifes. They had stuff like trickjump protection like on the walls supply depoty so doublejump wouldnt ruin 50% of the maps. All in all it was really trimmed down and really straightforward ET and thats what I loved about it. If you are completely upfront about what you said I could contact their leaders and ask for the serverconfig.

edit: I missclicked enter so the message went without text. typed as fast as humanly possible but sniped me nontheless :'D

anh I can see now. Before it was all blank. Thanks for the update - 

Yes, I am serious. If something good can be done why not? I have seen that double jump protection before and on some maps we used to have Ex Fueldump. It was based on mapscript. One my sync merge script broke up and overwrote all my scripts and I don't have back ups for it. Sure go ahead and contact them. If they are ok with sharing, I will gladly put that up. That would reduce the work for admins as well. 

No molos, poison knifes, etc is all planned for new servers.  That's just one suggestion. I am open for 100 which can be done and achieved in sort time. 

PS Shana is our member since a long time and still is and still he learned his way around. I don't believe server experience is related to being in any clan or not. It's just a player wants to be more technical then just player? Then server side is next step. Same goes for lot of players. Clan is just a group of friends nothing more nothing less. It all depends on what you do in the family and each member is different in the family. ;)

• Like 1

I dont understand majority of people here trying to blindly think that u can achive better teamplay on public servers, anyone who has been around this game for a while and experienced things or two know this will never be possible, because there's one thing u cant change at most of ET players, thats their mentality when they join certain server. I for one, have gone thro NQ, jaymod, etpro so im well familiar with all the mods as well as running most popular Euro server at past, so the public servers and settings arent a strange thing to me either. U will never achive something that's being perfected in teamplay based game, without heading over to ETPro competitive scene, only there u will experience the real teamplay, because competitive scene is always and will always be around that.

Pubs are meant for pubbing, simple as, u go there to chill out, frag and fool around without any pressure of defending or winning certain maps and no amount of server settings wont change that, fact. Force certain stuffs, such as class limitiation, u will end up with a bunch of annoyed players who wont be satisfied to play anymore on their favorite servers because they cant play that certain class they used to play within months or even years, ending up with annoyed custumers, which is not something host would want if we are looking from bussines aspect.

Give a boost to some class? Ending up certain players again exploiting that and making advantage out of that by just using that extra strenght for doing their own way and not objective again. I have already went at past thro this concept of ET players, u can divide them in three groups. those who play for objective, those who play for objective and frags or are just casually messing around and those who re there to frag and get better in this game, it has always been like that and it will always stay up like that, because thats mentality of players, which has been evolving the last 15 years or so that game exists and only players with full experience can recognize that. Jaymod was always meant for fooling around and literally noone was taking it serious, obviously u have certain group of players who are willing to play for objective but still there's a lot of players who either dont know or dont want to do objective, which its hard to change as thats their playstyle each time they visit servers.

All in all, there are different servers where teamplay is increased, such as on Hardcore and even there its just a glimpse of real teamplay, which can again, only be achived in competitive ETPro scene. U have jaymod, NQ, silent mods and each player selects and prefers one server over another, reason u have players called regulars, because they enjoy playing on that certain server and u will never see for example a guy with 1milion of XP from Jaymod 1 on Hardcore for instance or rarely other way around, because players on Hardcore mostly cant be arsed to deal with all the stuffs and spams Jaymod 1 for instance has.

Going forward with proposition of making additional jaymod 2 alike server but on euro location, it would be cool to have one, but again u have to ask urself, how long will it take to populate it, obviously using FA as part of the name will increase it since u promote a big brand in ET and attract more new players than naming it something completely random and without any connection to FA. But we all know in what state ET is and that it's long past it's prime with popularity, so getting a brand new server filled up and popular will be a hard task again. Making settings on the servers would probably need to be looked into popularity of other servers, do u want to keep all the same settings Jay2 has or adjust it with something better, favor fraggers or objective players, all comes down to personal preferences. Some ppl prefer to have throwing knifes and molotovs, other prefer to have slow shooting and no adre to enjoy fragging more. U set up base settings and adjust it overtime as u see it being fit to liking of regulars and get it more popular.

PS: From neutral perspective seeing how certain people here are still having some grudges over DD clan members in this post for their aspect of "whining", considering Destiny is actually trying to propose some stuffs that would be useful and getting a bunch of pointless posts in return mixed in with posts of unexperienced players who have never run ET server or have any clue of evolution of ET thro all the years. Might as well stick out of the topics if there's no constructive comments coming back or any proposals in making things better. I have gone thro all of this at past and reading comments u would force more teamplay via server settings only makes me giggle.

• Like 7

If you need these scripts to prevent open door from covies, disable jumping walls etc etc... I'd recommend contacting Peyote from Bunker forums or TM (He has acoounts everywhere tho lol . He did lots of stuff for the server(s) when we were leaders together and some might be still on his website/bunker site available.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Quoting Haru in the Oil Kombinant thread

To be completely honest I think the best idea to even out the game play w/o having to put all the effort into tweaking maps would be to lower the slots just a little bit.  If you were to lower the slots on Jay1 to say 38 players (a few spectators taken into account), almost all the maps would become playable with their current builds.

The best way to do this would be to split it into two 38 man servers that are clones of one another.  As is Jay 2 could handle the traffic but I think the adren keeps a lot of Jay1 players from visiting that server and that's why I suggested to clone jay1.  People could always get over the fact that there's adren and learn to have fun there, which would probably end up working fine, but I'm trying to think of something that won't disappoint any player or any play style.

The pros to doing this are:

-At no point in the day will people choose not to play because too many are on.

-More slots at prime time with 2 servers to choose between.

-All maps become playable. This also opens up some maps that weren't before.

-2 servers with 2 different rotations.  Tired of one map rotation? Just hop on the other server.

-People stop complaining about needing a new rotation 2 days after you change it.

Cons:

-Cost.  Large servers aren't cheap but you are saving a little on Jay1 to put towards the 2nd server. 

-Admins have to do a tiny bit more work to keep people outta spec when the server is full. 

-I'm sure a few would complain that the server is no longer in full retard mode mid day but I honestly don't give a damn about them.  They'll accept it when they realize they're not constantly ending up in limbo trying to get outta spawn. 

Ok bye

Edited by -=HipKat=-