Can you?...

traumaModel
Go to solution Solved by Shana,

• Solution

Yes, but be sure that you have enough data read/write bandwidth. In case of et legacy your personal data will be stored in my documents/etlegacy/

• Like 4

Cool, I don't play on legacy though, I downloaded mine through splash damages website. But I'm glad it's doable

Cool, I don't play on legacy though, I downloaded mine through splash damages website. But I'm glad it's doable

if i was you i would  try not to download ET from any other site then this one and the main site 

and yes you can  run ET from a flash drive but you will need to  redirect your short cuts from your ET starter pro or whatever to the  jump drive/flash drive 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

if i was you i would  try not to download ET from any other site then this one and the main site 

and yes you can  run ET from a flash drive but you will need to  redirect your short cuts from your ET starter pro or whatever to the  jump drive/flash drive 

Agreed the version on here is perfect, installs what you need with no issues

• Leader

Can you transfer your entire ET to a flash drive and run it from that?

An FA-GameDay was once held at the same time that I was at a "must attend" dinner at my Sister's house.

I copied a minimum of my ET installation, adding only the mod-folder that the server would use.  I removed all the files not needed to run the mod, including demos, SS, condumps and other records.  I kept the map-files so as to avoid downloads during the game.  (I should only have kept the ones with the most recent access-dates.)

I was able to run ET from my DVD on her laptop, BUT the map-loads were Excruciatingly Slooow!  I did not play, but game-play would depend more on the computer and not the source of the et.exe and the other files.

Uh, I think that her DVD-reader was slower than mine, too.  :)  I did not have a "USB-key" with enough free space at the time.  :(

You should be able to play your "usb-copy" on various computers.  ET has methods of avoiding "wrong resolution crashes" and problems, but you might have to reset it back from a low-resolution setting if the "new computer's graphics" does not match that of the last unit played on.