ET Server Suggestion Oil Kombinat map edit suggestion

Dest!Ny

there are exceptions but hardly any map was made for a 50 people server. there is no tactic in 20v20, there is no competitiveness, there is no teamplay, there is no strategy. objective play on pubs is absolutely nothing and noone by any means should think that it is. Lots and lots of maps are made for formats between 2v2 and 6v6 but work till about 13v13 in pubformat generally speaking. Objective play is an idea that does NOT work on 20v20, allies dont win maps because they played well, they win objective because axis either dont care, or more allies care than that axis do.

In your case you are from Jay3 judging from your profile so the 20v20 dont apply in your case, the fact that only a fraction of players give a shit about objective still stands tho

So are you saying that starting maps with no objective, when 20v20+ play, is a solution?

• Platinum VIP

So are you saying that starting maps with no objective, when 20v20+ play, is a solution?

Im saying that objective should not be a consideration when selecting maps and editing them to make them worthwhile. Almost every maps has an objective and it is nice that you dont have to play the same stage for 20 or 30 minutes eventhough that sometimes still happens. But if you define the quality of the map on the allied winrate in a 20v20 format than you are clearly doing something wrong

• Platinum VIP

there are exceptions but hardly any map was made for a 50 people server. there is no tactic in 20v20, there is no competitiveness, there is no teamplay, there is no strategy. objective play on pubs is absolutely nothing and noone by any means should think that it is. Lots and lots of maps are made for formats between 2v2 and 6v6 but work till about 13v13 in pubformat generally speaking. Objective play is an idea that does NOT work on 20v20, allies dont win maps because they played well, they win objective because axis either dont care, or more allies care than that axis do.

In your case you are from Jay3 judging from your profile so the 20v20 dont apply in your case, the fact that only a fraction of players give a shit about objective still stands tho

Truth. That many people is just chaos and annoying. I never stay on the servers long when it's that full. I guess getting blasted with mortar, gas, knives, M97's, mines, campers, spawn killers etc every time you leave spawn is not fun for me.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Truth. That many people is just chaos and annoying. I never stay on the servers long when it's that full. I guess getting blasted with mortar, gas, knives, M97's, mines, campers, spawn killers etc every time you leave spawn is not fun for me.

I grew up on 64 slot and always had fun on it. But I always visited small slot servers from time to time.. if any remembers server of BEL, .bb., etc where my favorite ones. Got banned on RC|

I am looking forward for map script changes, whoever, does it. I have list of maps which requires fixes. 

PS Yes adding spawn points is easy. I had snippet for it but I can't really find it now. Just open modified baserace or railgun scripts and you will get the idea. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I grew up on 64 slot and always had fun on it. But I always visited small slot servers from time to time.. if any remembers server of BEL, .bb., etc where my favorite ones. Got banned on RC|< clan servers 2 times and eventually give up. BEL and .bb. never give me any trouble. Off course all time famous ETPRO servers as well. I wasn't the ETPRO guy to begin with but play from time to time. 

I am looking forward for map script changes, whoever, does it. I have list of maps which requires fixes. 

PS Yes adding spawn points is easy. I had snippet for it but I can't really find it now. Just open modified baserace or railgun scripts and you will get the idea.

-=Staat Shultz=- or however it’s spelled, 64 slot server...total madness

To be completely honest I think the best idea to even out the game play w/o having to put all the effort into tweaking maps would be to lower the slots just a little bit.  If you were to lower the slots on Jay1 to say 38 players (a few spectators taken into account), almost all the maps would become playable with their current builds.

The best way to do this would be to split it into two 38 man servers that are clones of one another.  As is Jay 2 could handle the traffic but I think the adren keeps a lot of Jay1 players from visiting that server and that's why I suggested to clone jay1.  People could always get over the fact that there's adren and learn to have fun there, which would probably end up working fine, but I'm trying to think of something that won't disappoint any player or any play style.

The pros to doing this are:

-At no point in the day will people choose not to play because too many are on.

-More slots at prime time with 2 servers to choose between.

-All maps become playable. This also opens up some maps that weren't before.

-2 servers with 2 different rotations.  Tired of one map rotation? Just hop on the other server.

-People stop complaining about needing a new rotation 2 days after you change it.

Cons:

-Cost.  Large servers aren't cheap but you are saving a little on Jay1 to put towards the 2nd server. 

-Admins have to do a tiny bit more work to keep people outta spec when the server is full. 

-I'm sure a few would complain that the server is no longer in full retard mode mid day but I honestly don't give a damn about them.  They'll accept it when they realize they're not constantly ending up in limbo trying to get outta spawn. 

Ok bye

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

To be completely honest I think the best idea to even out the game play w/o having to put all the effort into tweaking maps would be to lower the slots just a little bit.  If you were to lower the slots on Jay1 to say 38 players (a few spectators taken into account), almost all the maps would become playable with their current builds.

The best way to do this would be to split it into two 38 man servers that are clones of one another.  As is Jay 2 could handle the traffic but I think the adren keeps a lot of Jay1 players from visiting that server and that's why I suggested to clone jay1.  People could always get over the fact that there's adren and learn to have fun there, which would probably end up working fine, but I'm trying to think of something that won't disappoint any player or any play style.

The pros to doing this are:

-At no point in the day will people choose not to play because too many are on.

-More slots at prime time with 2 servers to choose between.

-All maps become playable. This also opens up some maps that weren't before.

-2 servers with 2 different rotations.  Tired of one map rotation? Just hop on the other server.

-People stop complaining about needing a new rotation 2 days after you change it.

Cons:

-Cost.  Large servers aren't cheap but you are saving a little on Jay1 to put towards the 2nd server. 

-Admins have to do a tiny bit more work to keep people outta spec when the server is full. 

-I'm sure a few would complain that the server is no longer in full retard mode mid day but I honestly don't give a damn about them.  They'll accept it when they realize they're not constantly ending up in limbo trying to get outta spawn. 

Ok bye

Amen!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have been introduced to mapping by Smiley, wanna try some crazy stuff in maps, I would like to add some spawns and CPs, I have also always thought of some extra spawns for this map, gonna try to get it done whenever I have spare time.

Hehe, thx Smiley

13 hours ago, Mordecai said:

I have been introduced to mapping by Smiley, wanna try some crazy stuff in maps, I would like to add some spawns and CPs, I have also always thought of some extra spawns for this map, gonna try to get it done whenever I have spare time.

Hehe, thx Smiley

No source files of this map have been released afaik :)