ET Server Suggestion Oil Kombinat map edit suggestion

Dest!Ny

• Platinum VIP

Hello guys,

I have been having a small problem with the Oil Kombinat map that runs on jay1 and perhaps other servers. In my opinion it takes allies too much time to get to the 'mayhem' at the moment where axis cant even challenge the outside area anymore to for example satchel the ladders. This is in my opinion pointless and there seem to be multiple options to fix this.

First of all we could make the current cp a spawnpoint that is created by simply repairing it

8e2B9ty.jpg

Another option to put a flag on top of the roof near the entrances which would allow for a spawn at the cp house

XHFXsD8.jpg

A third option is to put a cp *or* flag in the bottom front entrance that would also enable a spawn in the (previous) cp house

lbb3TKR.jpg

This way allies might not have to spend more than a spawn worth of time trying to get to the other side of the map and might make the map a little more dynamic as it allows allies to want to play more aggressive (the map is very generally won by axis)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting...do you have the skills to do it?

Once you finish I'll give you a list of the rest of the maps that need to be tweaked to handle 50 players.

P.s. it's all of them. Gl

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP

Interesting...do you have the skills to do it?

I have absolutely zero experience with mapping and unfortunately have enough other projects both from work and from spare time running to give learning it a go, but I can imagine that for someone with experience such a tweak would not take a lot of time at all

• Like 1

• Leader

I have been thinking about dabbling with such "fixes", especially the more serious ones, like the one that got Italy_remake taken right off of Jay#1 recently.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I have been thinking about dabbling with such "fixes", especially the more serious ones, like the one that got Italy_remake taken right off of Jay#1 recently.

sounds interesting, what was the problem there? of it isnt too OT at least. I wouldn't mind handing out more ideas about small changes to maps, but I think most maps that have issues on jay1 have more to do with either weaponry, playercount, or bigger mapdesign issues. This one seemed pretty straightforward tho

• Platinum VIP

The problem with giving Allies the advantage is that they win that map pretty often as it is. It's not like Gold Rush where they almost never win and could use some type of advantage

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

The problem with giving Allies the advantage is that they win that map pretty often as it is. It's not like Gold Rush where they almost never win and could use some type of advantage

I actually dont think allies win an awful lot from my experience, I think my experience isnt even near a 50% winrate for allies.

Then again I must add that I personally really dont mind if allies or axis win a map often or not, I think a map should be fun for both teams whether one team supposedly wins obj a lot or not, and in my opinion the last stage is not fun at all for allies because of the spawnarea.

Another thing is that axis actually have a very big chance to hold allies at first spawn without having stacked teams, as soon as axis have taken control of the tunnel there is no way allies can jump into the water and actually kill anyone before they get out and because of the terraforming around the first cave entrance at the main road its very easy for axis to hold the allies coming from spawn right when they loose their shield, in that sense allies actually need to have an advantage over allies if they ever want to reach the flag and after that you might notice that allies win a lot because the balancing of the 2nd stage is completely different from the first stage. To put it shortly, if teams are 'evened' so allies can get out of first spawn it should be pretty easy to win the whole map if those teams stay the same

edit: actually thought of something funny. Think of it this way, allied spawntime is like 8 seconds and axis is like 15, right? So your averae respawn time takes 4 seconds for allies and about 8 for axis, however allies take about 8-10 seconds to reach any form of intereaction with axis every respawn so you could think of allied spawntime being more around 10-12 seconds average. this long a spawntime (on average) is really not fun at all on a quick mod like jaymod

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • Like 1

where i came from . as a admin.. hint hint, there is tons of mappers .. sage , marko, old owl,stealth,WuTang, jecoliah, peyote,mateos.. maybe find one of them ...there all great people in et!

• Like 2

Don't you dare! That map has no place in ET.

• Like 1

The attacking team should always have the advantage. Maps are made to win, not to become stalemates.

• Platinum VIP

The attacking team should always have the advantage. Maps are made to win, not to become stalemates.

I don't disagree with that at all

If that is true, the majority of map designers fail quite spectacularly. Can you think of any map where the team which defends the obj has virtually no chance of winning the obj, yet they have as much fun as the attacking team, when the teams are of even scores?

Personally I dont like this map so much, that it should be removed and then deleted from history.

• Platinum VIP

If that is true, the majority of map designers fail quite spectacularly. Can you think of any map where the team which defends the obj has virtually no chance of winning the obj, yet they have as much fun as the attacking team, when the teams are of even scores?

Personally I dont like this map so much, that it should be removed and then deleted from history.

there are exceptions but hardly any map was made for a 50 people server. there is no tactic in 20v20, there is no competitiveness, there is no teamplay, there is no strategy. objective play on pubs is absolutely nothing and noone by any means should think that it is. Lots and lots of maps are made for formats between 2v2 and 6v6 but work till about 13v13 in pubformat generally speaking. Objective play is an idea that does NOT work on 20v20, allies dont win maps because they played well, they win objective because axis either dont care, or more allies care than that axis do.

In your case you are from Jay3 judging from your profile so the 20v20 dont apply in your case, the fact that only a fraction of players give a shit about objective still stands tho

• Like 2