ET Server Suggestion Suggestion for FA admins regarding server informations at main chat.

AcKeNaR

Hi!

I've recently started to play at Recruiting and NOQ1 servers and i would like to share my thoughts abot something, maybe the FS crew could make a little debate and decide about it.

I know there are many players, each one with their own playing style, and else. I am sure many players dont even look at the main chat, and they'll even disable it. Hehe

In my case, i also enjoy participating on the conversations, jokes, comments, etc... And i like to be informed about my teammates requests for ammo, medic, covering fire, etc...

Why i am talking about all these things? Calm, here i go...

During a map's gameplay, I've found the server information messages on main chat a bit spammy and annoying, because i have the impression that they are repeated too much.

Sometimes the main chat becomes a messy pile of colors and sounds, and the server info messages just contribute on that mess.

I supose the frequency these messages appear would be more comfortable for the players if it is set a bit longer, if you know what i mean. Make them not appearing so many times in a single map. I supose it doesnt depend on the map, but in the time the server is running, i dont know. This is just a thought i wanted to share with you all.

And this is why i post this topic. Maybe anyone else has my same thoughts, or opposite.

What do you guys think about this?

Greetz,

AcK

Edited by AcKeNaR

Workaround:

cg_teamChatHeight 8 (8 is default, lines displayed in chat)

cg_teamChatTime 8000 (ms, 8s default, time before messages  start fading)

I mostly use console to talk with people, and a very useful thing is con_autoclear 0 which lets you start typing in console, close it in case you spot an enemy, then reopen console and continue typing. ( with con_autoclear 1 text you typed before closing would just disappear)

Never had an issue with banners being displayed to often. Vsays sure, but it's easy to distinct them from normal chatter.

//moved to Suggestions section

• Like 7

Thanks for the info.

I'd rather dont modify the team chat duration and else. That's one of the main points for this topic.

Unless i could modify the server messages fading time or so, instead of the team and main chat ones, i wouldn't touch anything.

The con_autoclear option is interesting.

Thanks for the advices, guys!

Greetz,

AcK

they shouldnt spam if it happens again take screenshots in console /autoscreenshot then you can report it on forum
if there's a admin present in the server ask the admin we have the ability to mute vsays from people that spam them