ET Server Suggestion FA Hardcore-- a few suggestions

emaL

I know this is an issue so I will encourage my HC admin crew to be more vigilant with !warning and eventually !putting them to spec to force them to change weapon if they continue. I would rather this option than limiting them as some people are genuinely good flamers.

It wont really help much if u ask me tbh, considering when players dont have experience how to react in certain situations they will just panic seeing first enemy coming and regardless of having own medics infront of them, burn them all to ashes :D Yeh, yet to see that kind of flamers hah, even panzers are mostly just silly 1kill ones that adds nearly nothing to their own advantage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, Blunt regular player on Hardcore, 5 - 7 days a week.  #WET:LIFE

In regards to the original questions>;

1)The automatic shuffle that happens every few maps is terrible. It breaks up teams that actually have a good vibe and just keeps a constant rotation that typically requires admin intervention regardless. Is there a way to set a threshold on imbalance or at least only force the shuffle when the number of players on each team is completely out of whack between maps? I've seen many great games get ruined by the out-of-whack autoshuffle.

>Please do not remove auto-shuffle, its one of the few things I can count on when teams suck for 3 maps straight.  I get, its hardcore but we also get new players.  I have personally left the server due to being dominated by the other team 2 maps in a row. There aren't enough admins with !shuffle command and full attention to the game details, such as was the defending team restricted to original spawn entire match, to me that warrants a shuffle.  

2)In that same vein, can KR tracking be switched to KDR? Shuffles will be more accurate, and KR seems like such a weird and random statistic that isn't really based on anything substantial.

>ET shuffle sucks, but its better than nothing.  Please switch willing to try anything different.  Do we have any body that can link an article to how the different shuffle systems work, I think there are 3, but could be mistaken.

3)Bots with heavy weapons = terrible. Is it possible to restrict that?

>Yes would prefer bots to do menial tasks such as medic and engineer only, heavy weapon is waste of resources.  Really not sure if that is possible to restrict setting.  I don't recall seeing a Bot selection weapon command in Silent Mod.

The # 1 thing I get frustrated with is long span between new maps.   I get bored and have played other servers to indulge, MLB Daybreak, Eagles, Gold Rush with the upstairs, Beach invasion with the CP/Ammo depot spawn and some other proven classics.  I get that someone needs to add them to a script, they also need to troubleshoot them on a test server as new maps can crash the server.  Perhaps some of us would be willing to troubleshoot maps.

Am I the only one bothered by 6 being the maximum amount of medics?

I am not sure if it is a feature or a glitch but if my medic stamina (whatever that is called) is gone when I die and I catch a 1 second respawn it is still depleated when in my next life. I certainly understand why that would be useful because a fldops could throw an airstrike selfkill and throw another one but for a medic throwing health packs it's frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Achilles90 said:

Am I the only one bothered by 6 being the maximum amount of medics?

I am not sure if it is a feature or a glitch but if my medic stamina (whatever that is called) is gone when I die and I catch a 1 second respawn it is still depleated when in my next life. I certainly understand why that would be useful because a fldops could throw an airstrike selfkill and throw another one but for a medic throwing health packs it's frustrating.

6 medics is plenty.  When there's 6 playing already I will play another class and it works well with 6 medics.  

All you get if special charge is renewed on respawn is people xp whoring in the spawn area.. plus we medics already get huge benefits of self healing, why give even more benefits to medics by having full charge every respawn?  

Your suggestions would just turn HC into a Rambo medic haven. 

• Like 2

I have never looked something up in the wiki before but I am curious. XP has no in game value after a couple rounds and what you focus on. If you sit in spawn xp farming you are essentially not playing, right? Is that a kickable offense then? 

I can't be of use to my team mates if my special is depleted. Imagine moments in supply depot where you are battling down stairs and die at the same moment a team member takes the flag upstairs. You're useless when you respawn. I can't see why a small quirk affecting nothing but 30 seconds or so at spawn would somehow make this server anymore rambonctious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Achilles90 said:

I have never looked something up in the wiki before but I am curious. XP has no in game value after a couple rounds and what you focus on. If you sit in spawn xp farming you are essentially not playing, right? Is that a kickable offense then? 

I can't be of use to my team mates if my special is depleted. Imagine moments in supply depot where you are battling down stairs and die at the same moment a team member takes the flag upstairs. You're useless when you respawn. I can't see why a small quirk affecting nothing but 30 seconds or so at spawn would somehow make this server anymore rambonctious.

There's plenty other ways around it to work just as good your medic job as u would with full charge, on silent u can revive every low teammate with needle and give them full  health bar, as for your bar being low, it doesn't take that long to recharge and just play accordingly to that, it doesn't take that much gamesense to work with what u are given at spawn, otherwise game becomes even more easier than it already is.

Edited by Aniky

• Platinum VIP

if a guy truely needs a medic he is low enough to be killrevived, using medpacks on anyone other than yourself is pretty useless when you have needles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dest!Ny said:

if a guy truely needs a medic he is low enough to be killrevived, using medpacks on anyone other than yourself is pretty useless when you have needles

Yeah, particularly on Hardcore, even if my teammate has around half life, I generally just shoot them to 10hp and stick them with my needle, its faster and saves charge for me huehuehue. No need to "kill" revive. Just get them low.

• 3 weeks later...

Turn on PPSH-41?

I saw in Fun #1 it is enabled, why disable it in HC?

It is a great weapon, even though it is balanced because of having a larger spread than MP40/Thompson.

Or maybe I'm wrong and that version doesn't have it, plz add it :)

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

Turn on PPSH-41?

I saw in Fun #1 it is enabled, why disable it in HC?

It is a great weapon, even though it is balanced because of having a larger spread than MP40/Thompson.

Or maybe I'm wrong and that version doesn't have it, plz add it :)

Absolutely not.  HC is tradition FF with standard weapons! HC would die overnight with PPSH enabled.

Edit: pretty sure it's enabled in every other F|A silent mod server so plenty of places to play if you enjoy it!

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Platinum VIP
On 19-4-2018 at 5:59 PM, Mordecai said:

it is balanced

k

Edited by Dest!Ny
1 letter too much