ET Server Suggestion FA Hardcore-- a few suggestions

emaL

1. The automatic shuffle that happens every few maps is terrible. It breaks up teams that actually have a good vibe and just keeps a constant rotation that typically requires admin intervention regardless. Is there a way to set a threshold on imbalance or at least only force the shuffle when the number of players on each team is completely out of whack between maps? I've seen many great games get ruined by the out-of-whack autoshuffle.

2. In that same vein, can KR tracking be switched to KDR? Shuffles will be more accurate, and KR seems like such a weird and random statistic that isn't really based on anything substantial.

3. Bots with heavy weapons = terrible. Is it possible to restrict that?

Would love some feedback, thanks.

• Like 4

i'm with you  i seen  good teams  who have a good vibe and good fights and not a  one sided  fight like  after the  shuffle it is very bad  

• Like 2

I agree with all, but autoshuffle is there for a reason and will most likely not be removed. Automating anything is never perfect but plenty of times I've logged into a server to find it highly stacked / unfair and autoshuffle definitely helps in those situations.

• Like 1

Firstly I am not sure why but I lag bad in hardcore and no lag in silent this recently started happening about a month now. Secondly I do agree that the auto shuffle is absolutely horrendous. Learning admins don't seem to want to switch teams when its unbalanced a few of us recently saw this days ago.... Only way to keep teams fair is through admins imo.

• Like 1

I agree with emaL on switching the KR to KDR, but perhaps it has been in the past and there's a reason why it's like that now? I also agree that the bots should'nt be messing with heavy weapons.

It's true that the shuffle has broken some awesome teams and its frustrating to lose the teamwork you have developed with your team... but I think it's necessary to leave it on. The time it happens the most are around the busiest time (8-11pm eastern time?) is there a way to disable the auto shuffle for 3 hours a day? 

• Like 2

Firstly I am not sure why but I lag bad in hardcore and no lag in silent this recently started happening about a month now. Secondly I do agree that the auto shuffle is absolutely horrendous. Learning admins don't seem to want to switch teams when its unbalanced a few of us recently saw this days ago.... Only way to keep teams fair is through admins imo.

Learning admins are learning - remind them they need to fix teams and not let others do it. If they don't listen and repeat it frequently then please use contact us to let us know and we can assist.

• Like 2

Imo considering some ppl are trying to go with the convicing everyone how hardcore this server is by its name, why not removing heavy weapon from closed and small maps, such as adlernest, tc_base, delivery specially and could probably find some more, its ridiculous when axis has setup defence on delivery and a random knob comes with flamer and teamkills all, same goes with panzer. Literally remove the heavy weapons from those maps and u would have a lot better and quality gameplay, without all the crap going on with teambleeding and so on. Could also limit rifle grandes as it was suggested in one of the topics with similiar subject, making this server feel more like "Hardcore" and not random pain in the ass of 1000 teamdamge recieved per map.

• Like 2

Heh no this is still a pub server and not ETPro.

Don't really see any reference to ETpro, considering its enabled there as well, but the fact everyone is trying to make Hardcore sounds  like super duper pro server where only awesome guys play, but then enjoying the pain of random teambleeding every single map and clueless donkies running around doing jack shit, but getting one man panzer entire map long, doesnt really give any proper gameplay one player would expect. The fact that the above suggestion would make entire gameplay 5 times better on those maps, would benefit more ppl than harm those couple who can only flame around and do more damage than good anyway.

• Like 1

Who says it's a super duper pro server? (Not being pedantic, genuinely confused by that)

To me HC simply relates to the fact it's a FF enabled objective orientated server.. definitely not a place for pros, I've always played FF servers ever since I started and could barely get a single kill..

• Like 2

i don't think the autoshuffle needs to be taken off  i think just maybe some fixes need to be done with it hell i  seen it take a stacked  team and  make it even more stacked  it  more random then anything  in my  opinion

or maybe that what it needs to be change to  random shuffle instead of  KR or KRD shuffle because some players can have a really good  KR  or KRD  and  just not feel like playing with hard that day or what not  

So maybe just switching KR to KDR (this would cover my issue with the autoshuffle, mostly, also), limiting bots with heavy weapons completely, and limiting heavy weapons on certain smaller maps?

Is there somewhere I could bring this to make these suggestions happen?

• Like 1

maybe  we could get it  switched to  KDR and try it out for maybe a week or 2  i mean it can't be that hard to change it from KR to KDR can it  

i think this should be put to a vote unless  dd or one of the co leaders or leaders wants to step in and  just  do it  for a trail 

and it's not like it can get any worse  

• Like 1