Recent change to Jay2 - Both SMGs

ElEl

Yeah, you just hit 3 again and it changes form one to the other, like an Engi hitting 7 rotates through the various mines, but regardless, so if you want to use Pistols, hit 2 or whatever you use to change to pistols as normal. I still don't see the difference. 20 Rounds was a typo, I meant 30

Difference is switching to an smg is a lot more effective than switching to akimbos. First, recoil is less on smgs and secondly, you dont have to go insane on your mouse1 to get high firing rate. = easier to kill someone.

Then again, it goes both ways, so easier for you to die...butttttt....for rambo medics, they can just camp more.

• Platinum VIP

Difference is switching to an smg is a lot more effective than switching to akimbos. First, recoil is less on smgs and secondly, you dont have to go insane on your mouse1 to get high firing rate. = easier to kill someone.

Then again, it goes both ways, so easier for you to die...butttttt....for rambo medics, they can just camp more.

Everybody hates Medics....until they need one

I need  a Medic

I need a Medic

I need a Medic

Yeah, you just hit 3 again and it changes form one to the other, like an Engi hitting 7 rotates through the various mines, but regardless, so if you want to use Pistols, hit 2 or whatever you use to change to pistols as normal. I still don't see the difference. 20 Rounds was a typo, I meant 30

Yeah I'm aware of what the change adds as I was the one who made the post, but what I'm saying is that the pistols are pretty much useless when the other SMG is far better and the weapon change time is the same.

• Platinum VIP

Yeah I'm aware of what the change adds as I was the one who made the post, but what I'm saying is that the pistols are pretty much useless when the other SMG is far better and the weapon change time is the same.

I get that. What I don't get is how it makes Akimbos any more or less useless. Use them or don't. TBH, I've rarely ever used them unless I was just completely out of ammo - even though I set thumb wheel down to switch to them a long time ago

i tested out akimbos .. they still work just fine.lol hell even the single pistol still fires.

come on el! u never stay more than 2 maps anyway. i agree its harder to judge whos who..

an now u can have highest acc with both  smg s .lol  just remember teamwork wins maps not peer ownage so many  et boners playing for  stats.i got 100 hs 50 kills died twice but my team still lost map ..ant i awsome .lol

• Like 2

i tested out akimbos .. they still work just fine.lol hell even the single pistol still fires.

come on el! u never stay more than 2 maps anyway. i agree its harder to judge whos who..

an now u can have highest acc with both  smg s .lol  just remember teamwork wins maps not peer ownage so many  et boners playing for  stats.i got 100 hs 50 kills died twice but my team still lost map ..ant i awsome .lol

What I'm saying is you have an advantage when you switch to pistols while the other person is reloading or even if you can fire faster than them. The tension in that situation is just gone now cause you've got another SMG. IMO this feature just belongs on a beginners server but if people want it I'm not gonna say they can't :).

• Platinum VIP

What I'm saying is you have an advantage when you switch to pistols while the other person is reloading or even if you can fire faster than them. The tension in that situation is just gone now cause you've got another SMG. IMO this feature just belongs on a beginners server but if people want it I'm not gonna say they can't :).

What's stopping you from switching to pistols now?

What's stopping you from switching to pistols now?

Hipkat. What you are struggling to understand is this:

1. SMG > Pistols in terms of fire rate, stability and accuracy.

2. 2 x SMG > SMG + Pistols

Pistols become almost obsolete when you have another SMG available to use after the first runs out of ammo. It becomes too easy as using single/akimbos require a little more aim and concentration compared to SMG because:

1. Pistols have a lot more recoil that you have to counter.

2. You have to click mouse1 rapidly to get similar kind of rate of fire as an SMG.

Nobody is saying dont use pistols but who would choose an SMG over Pistols? And if you say you would, I would like to pop on and see you come out of spawn with pistols instead of an SMG if that is the case. ;)

The majority however would definitely use the second SMG available as its easier to use and kill with. Thus, making it a lot easier for campers/rambo medics. This benefits them a lot more than other classes and so they become even more OP.

Hope You understand now.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the more you play et this way the more u see how its just dumbing down et ..  i disslike it. sorry kelf. Is this the only way in jaymod to adjust weapons ..id like it better if  you could pick at class selector which gun u had .so u could only carry one smg. example .. you get a good team with 5 6 medics . on it ..its hard pressed to move forward on em. theres no curve... they can just empty one switch to other.it makes it harder to achieve. a upper hand ! or makes em out flankable. 

• Like 1

the more you play et this way the more u see how its just dumbing down et ..  i disslike it. sorry kelf. Is this the only way in jaymod to adjust weapons ..id like it better if  you could pick at class selector which gun u had .so u could only carry one smg. example .. you get a good team with 5 6 medics . on it ..its hard pressed to move forward on em. theres no curve... they can just empty one switch to other.it makes it harder to achieve. a upper hand ! or makes em out flankable. 

Np mate, I do accept different opinions and I don't take it personal ;)

Besides, to be honest I requested Thompson OR MP40, not both.

But it was a step in the direction I asked for, so I just took it and didn't make any comment nor story. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I dig it, actually, since I run out of ammo a lot, I don't have to go looking for ammo resupply and FOPS, well, they just never drop enough

so your mirror {he has mad sick aim}.  hes only guy i ever seen on jay2 that was really a beast u just come on and mess with me ..it be nice to know it was u u chicken .lol :hi  :crazy

latley some one has  enjoyed slash killing in fire fight with me..lol is it u.lol when im quick enough to get demo or screenie im apost it here.lol

it be nice  in jay2 if when some one is actually on dren there was big sign on there head said adren  .. so that  when i kill  them 5 times in a row i dont gotta listen to em wine about dren. some peoples children i tell yea!.lol like db inked he accuses me of it everytime .lol dren doest point an shot gun.hahahaha

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 2

ok so  when your soldat .. you can  pick up other heavy and carry two... u drop one of your smgs and now u have 2 heavy weapons.. dont like this at all. had panzer and flamer yesterday at same time its mad sick.lol