ET Trick Jumping

Achilles90

Lol destiny on hns.  Now there's a sight to see!  It'll be just like watching BSM... Except for the exact opposite in every way possible 🤣

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Erdenberg is a new map for me so I am steadily learning the bits and pieces. I really like this jump but they made the window really sticky

Erdenberg is cool map, wish it was more popular (remember t1 is the official version for the league). Didn't know about this jump, is it recorded on ETPro? But I know you can jump there from the upper cave which is quite easy:)

• 3 weeks later...

I recorded that in etjump which is a little heavier than silent and jaymod but a little lighter, gravity wise, than etpro. I am fairly certain it can be done. I am 100% certain that if you flick up that hill from standing on the ground: you can end up in that window exactly the same way. 

Fooling around in Smiley's Bremen remake and thought I'd put these up:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can someone tell Me how to TJ?

I can't make the first jump in TJ maps.

I sprint and run and jump and hold down +forward and +moveleft...

I've found that If someone gives You adrenaline, You can make the jumps.

But, There's no self-adrenaline.

Edited by Buckwild
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckwild said:

Can someone tell Me how to TJ?

I can't make the first jump in TJ maps.

I sprint and run and jump and hold down +forward and +moveleft...

I've found that If someone gives You adrenaline, You can make the jumps.

But, There's no self-adrenaline.

Make sure your on a trickjump specific server running the mod etjump or tjmod.  These mods will be running "no fatigue" which gives you unlimited stamina/Sprint so there's no need for adren.

The technique used to gain speed for your first jump is called "circle jumping" and it is named that because you're gaining speed by running in a circle (a partial circle used to jump).  You do this using the inputs Sprint+forward+either left or right strafe+your mouse turning in the same direction as your strafe.  The key is the speed at which you move your mouse.

I pulled a YouTube video for you, different game, same engine so same physics. 

Understanding the physics of the q3 engine will really help you understand what inputs have to be made and why to gain speed especially from after the first jump and on.  

Let me know if you have any questions on the circle jump.  Find an easy map such as "Mr.men gamma final" and work on just making the first platform on maybe the first 2 or 3 jumps and once you understand circle jumping enough to be consistent we can go on to the next part.

• 1 month later...

As always, Master Haru to the rescue!

I tend to think of trickjumping a little like drifting. You have to look away from where you are going and turn into the slide to gain speed

Maybe that's not helpful

The circle path is really important to learn

You did post in my etjump mod thread

Did you get it working? I'd be happy to help

Edited by Achilles90

• 2 weeks later...

Random jump I have been fiddling with in decay:

Just thought I'd throw this up here too. I see all the mistakes, but I hit this pretty hard while playing with @CheepHeep

and thought it was worth posting :D

Edited by Achilles90
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well @L3ftY. remembered me trying this one so that felt like a challenge. I did expect to get it in 10 or 20 tries but alas that was not the case and I admittedly wish I didn't obsess over these things XD

This video is a little choppy and probably mostly me celebrating:

That all being said, this jump is a part of the 'easy' section of a tj map called 'Origami' made by Aciz and Sungi

Awesome map and great video made by incredibly skilled jumpers. I am far too noob for most of even the easy jumps XD

The jump from pirates is @ about 0:50

Edited by Achilles90

anyone think of running a trick jump server just to practice trick jumping without the shooting and other things so you can practice the mechanics themselves? my old clan had a tj server that had 15 some odd rooms each with different stlyes of jumps starting from easy on one side of the room to master on the other side, you would start on easy and progress across the map. used to do this for hours

• Like 1