ET Trick Jumping

Achilles90

Im sitting here watching all those videos and im like...i once did the supply rock jump....on any empty server...

I've seen you play though. You and your multiple killer of the month awards. Just like I focus on improving my aim and making sure I keep my crosshair at head height: trick jumping is very much practicing snapping your mouse back and forth 90 degrees or how perfectly you can keep a rhythm of jumping while doing consecutive 180s. Can you jump blind around a corner and land in exactly the same spot every time? For me: the worst thing in the world is trying to do prone jumps. Where you have to hit the prone key immediately after you jump. The worst. 

Rather than running up stairs and around corners, if you had enough sprint can you flow through a map? Can you turn obstacles and decorations into things that propel you around the map with grace? When you watch skilled players moving through the map it's gorgeous

• Like 1

For me: the worst thing in the world is trying to do prone jumps. Where you have to hit the prone key immediately after you jump. The worst. 

This is easy for me. I have so much practice doing this to dodge panzers lol. It works if i time it right so the fire when im proned mid air. Hahahahha.

• Like 2

This is easy for me. I have so much practice doing this to dodge panzers lol. It works if i time it right so the fire when im proned mid air. Hahahahha.

I honestly had no idea that was even a thing. Never considered trying.

Thought I'd post a couple videos of things that can be done with the physics in this game. Some of the hardest maps out there done by some of the best jumpers around

Nice gamma map, Apex:

Arctic by Madman, performed by the inimitable Vallz:

One of the coolest maps in my opinion. Thoroughly out of my league though

• Like 1

Hey without TJ I wouldn't be able to finish frostbite in under a min here's the demo if anyone wants to watch. I still took my time too

Lol not even fair. You didn't even see another soul XD

Ladies and gentlemen. This is not showing off. Please watch this a few times and understand that I am NOT pro. All of you can do this. All of you SHOULD be able to do this. I can hit anywhere in this room, I can go out the door. I understand the danger flying through the air puts yourself in but why am I, constantly, the only one exploiting these things? Why don't I see more people try?

I made this jump because every time we play Oasis I catch emal skulking around up here so I thought I'd do something silly. Obviously this is impossible in game. But fantastic jumps all the same :D

@emal

And this isn't the most appropriate here but for those of you who practice lnarun I've been working on this "shortcut" and every time someone specs me when I try it they have to say something. Here. It's possible. Proof:

• Like 2

My computer, apparently, is on it's very last legs. I had to turn my graphics down this week because my computer can't handle it anymore :/

Today, however, maybe it was because HC was busy or because industry isn't a great map for my fps: the game was rendered unplayable for me. So: I have resorted to making something like an informative video.

This is an attempt to exemplify a quirk in the physics of this game which time run players utilize to propel them through maps. This is a concept I am relatively new to practicing but I am starting to learn the utility. If you have not had the pure pleasure, I wanted to throw a spotlight on one of our HC regulars: UP. If you get a chance: watch him play. It's art. He's a master of this stuff so while I try to rope him onto the forums, here is my infantile attempt.

In the beginning I am attempting to show the varied surface angles and heights. If you run across this section you will probably not notice anything which is part of the beauty of this engine. However: falling off of ledges, even marginally higher than the ground, will be treated by the game as if you fell from any height and can be used to string jumps together only off of the ground. 

In this instance I am falling off the train tracks and turning the direction I am falling (which generates speed) when I hit the ground I jump which bounces me to the next track where I do it again linking the two sending me farther and faster than you could regularly jump or sprint or both. The last version of this jump there is a barrel on the ground near the track which is used as a ramp with impressive results :D

I'm sorry for the buggy videos and the horrible graphics. It's what I'm living with :(

-- Edit --

I wanted to mention that if you go the first page of this thread and rewatch the adlernest video there. That jump is based off of this same concept. Going down allies ramp you land on the edge of the raised platform and falling off it allows you to be propelled forward. The other day I had the chance to watch UP do magic out of axis first spawn in goldrush. Either I will get UP to do it again or I have to go learn it so I can show you guys :D

Welcome & congratulations Mrs. 112th post!

Or 'her majesty' in the case of 'Queen of TJ'

It is true though, we need your help. I'm just one noob trying to make videos of this stuff. Maybe you could show us a thing or two

What's your favorite map? What's your favorite original jump? Post them!

• Like 1

Hmm.. fav maps.

In terms of originals? I like chocojump, and some jumps from makemejump too.

In terms of gamma, pretty much all :D

A long time ago, I featured in a video made by this other tjer called winrar. It was like a.. youtube vid/tutorial on the basics of tjing.

We're both doing the jumps in the vid. If I remember correctly, I'ts me jumping in the intro. We both did the fueldump one, so idk who he picked. Me doing the supply rock jump, him doing the braundorf. Me doing the refinery custom, him doing the 2 skacha jumps. Me doing the first abandoned gamma, and him doing colordise.

While I can do originals, I don't enjoy them as much as I do gammas. I find them more fun idk :)

This is such an awesome video. Lots of useful info, I really like the side by side of the different jump styles. 

I meant less specifically what are your favorites. I recognized piyo immediately but I have never seen colordise or abandoned. Abandoned is one of the more beautiful maps I've ever seen. I'd love a hand finding it. Is it ridiculously hard?

I recorded phoenix doing one of my favorites from distillery. Someday I'll be able to do this map XD

And choco is another great map but I did see you get smoked in it the other day. Although it was by vallz so...

Anyone ever got round to finish Smurfjumps?

I managed to complete the first two Papasmurf jumps and I felt like, I reached the apex of my ability. Quit now, be proud for life.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2018 at 2:41 PM, Achilles90 said:

And choco is another great map but I did see you get smoked in it the other day. Although it was by vallz so...

:D Well yeah, Vallz has nerded that map for like.. years. My best time on it is just under 12 minutes, and that was when I was nerding it as much as I could. Now that I work, and make music, my time for tjing has disappeared tbh :(

Colordise is a super pretty map. The jumps are quite tricky, but everyone seems to use cgaz these days, so they learn it pretty easy. The one in the video was the final jump there, which is the hardest imo.

Check me strafe jumping around the map while playing Hide n Seek. I slid over the wall a couple times though, so somewhat TJ related? <|:^]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1