ET Trick Jumping

Achilles90

I essentially learned how to play ET watching this guy play, he is one of my favorite players for sure and a quality fella. Dig that last jump toward east tower!

DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY, NONE OF IT IS TRUE

THNX MAN I JUST RECORDED THAT JUMP TO POST ON HERE.. GUESS NOT.

BSMMEME.png

• Like 2

I'm not even sure I want to go into details about this one... I have spent hours and hours trying to put together this video. 14 jumps, with music. Everything you do and don't need to know about radar. There are plenty more jumps and variations of these but I planned to do like 6 or 7 and ended up with all of these. I do hope you enjoy it

The very last jump is me showing off a fantastically hard one. The two just before that though are variations of capping the parts quickly. BSM asked one day how I had done it so fast. 

I found myself on a time-run server late one night where two of the best tjers I know of were competing to see who could capture the parts the fastest. The best I can do with the jumps you saw is about 6 seconds. I saw them do it just over 2... Food for thought

Edited by Achilles90
  • Like 4

I essentially learned how to play ET watching this guy play, he is one of my favorite players for sure and a quality fella. Dig that last jump toward east tower!

DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY, NONE OF IT IS TRUE

do you have his config?

@BSM:

Ooo that's pretty neat. I've really never tried coming from that side before so I'll have to give it a shot

Ooo that's pretty neat. I've really never tried coming from that side before so I'll have to give it a shot

You'd probably get it on the first try. Just saying. My love.

• Like 1

Trickjump is for noobs. Real snobs do hankjump5 no medic pmove_fixed 0. *equips high hat and monocle*

Anyone else do gammas besides this pro?  :P

Here's one of my favorite jumps.  2nd allied on still_b1.

• Like 2

The best map of all time to trickjump is Polosatiy in Quake 2. :) Who could not do this, he was a cannon fodder.

I never played quake 2 but I did play a little quake 3 and similar games so I appreciate it and the quirks of this engine. Because I watched this video and maybe one or two more I've been getting recommended and watching jump competitions from all of these games. Really some cool stuff that I had never seen anything like before playing this game. There is some really neat and similar stuff in some of the tj maps in et that might interest you.

Why do I like this guy? How do I know he's serious?

mouse2 = +strafe

m_side and forward are unchanged which either more likely detracts or is considerably even more impressive

• Like 1

I never played quake 2 but I did play a little quake 3 and similar games so I appreciate it and the quirks of this engine. Because I watched this video and maybe one or two more I've been getting recommended and watching jump competitions from all of these games. Really some cool stuff that I had never seen anything like before playing this game. There is some really neat and similar stuff in some of the tj maps in et that might interest you.

Why do I like this guy? How do I know he's serious?

mouse2 = +strafe

m_side and forward are unchanged which either more likely detracts or is considerably even more impressive

WuT played a lot of cups, a lot of..  http://www.crossfire.nu/user/25782/wut here you will see in what teams he has played and what he'd won :)