ET Trick Jumping

Achilles90

I always loved trickjumping, although I rage quit everytime I go on a tj server... 

Here's one I made today that got me 2 kills :)

This is a fantastic one! I do this one as well. You can also ride up onto those slanted walls and go around the corners which is always fun. How did you record it? That is much better footage than I am putting out. I can't seem to get obs to work on this old pos :(

Apparently there are a lot of skilled people around these parts which is awesome to know. Who ever peeeeemp is welcome, happy to have you around. 

In light of all of the quality jumps being posted I figured I'd put up a harder one:

Railgun, allies spawn mg to railgun controls. Post your attempts or successes

I got a laugh out of catgirls' video... what the heck is going on? some sort of moon gravity? I was okay with it until he started to turn on a dime and go uphill XD

I am quite fascinated by whatever on earth happened in that goldrush video though, fantastic

And unfortunately I might be succumbing to the propaganda but I do wonder if BSM did it

• Like 3

This is a fantastic one! I do this one as well. You can also ride up onto those slanted walls and go around the corners which is always fun. How did you record it? That is much better footage than I am putting out. I can't seem to get obs to work on this old pos :(

Apparently there are a lot of skilled people around these parts which is awesome to know. Who ever peeeeemp is welcome, happy to have you around. 

In light of all of the quality jumps being posted I figured I'd put up a harder one:

Railgun, allies spawn mg to railgun controls. Post your attempts or successes

I got a laugh out of catgirls' video... what the heck is going on? some sort of moon gravity? I was okay with it until he started to turn on a dime and go uphill XD

I am quite fascinated by whatever on earth happened in that goldrush video though, fantastic

And unfortunately I might be succumbing to the propaganda but I do wonder if BSM did it

Let's see here.  

@w1cx - I'm also curious to what program you're capturing with.  I used Nvidia Shadowplay but can't get the sound to work yet and the slight fps changing ends up making it look a little slow or fast at times.  Just started screwing around w/ OBS too but haven't gotten the quality up or the sound working there either -.-.   Btw, I probably would have bounced right before the wall and then slid around the corner leaving me directly in front of those 2 and gotten myself killed.  Way to be patient :D

@Achilles - Gotta love slanted walls.  You can use just about any ever so slightly slanted one and strafe into them and get at least one solid bounce after.  Good way to speed around.

In that goldrush video I'm playing etrun/AP Tjmod.  It's more or less the same thing as quake3 CPM if you're familiar, hella fun. Once you get the controls down the freedom of movement is almost like running around on your own 2 feet.

...and peeeemp's an OG and BSM IS A GOD.

Edited by CATGIRLS
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

@catgirls TJ Server with cheat /nofatigue enabled i guess? Those jumps are impossible to do in a normal mod :P

it's called AP, as said :P. its used on some ETrun servers

• Like 2

The best map of all time to trickjump is Polosatiy in Quake 2. :) Who could not do this, he was a cannon fodder.

• Like 1

@catgirls @achilles I used the elgato HD60 with it's game capture software and recorded on different computer. So basically I changed my video/audio out to HDMI to the elgato, then the elgato goes to usb on my laptop. The device is not cheap but works well and it's so useful if you like to record/stream anything that comes out of HDMI (consoles and cams). I use it for work to livestream shows on FB and did couple of run test on twitch.  Btw if by any reasons you use OBS on a mac, it's terribly slow and it's close to not even work ... on windows the software was working fine for me but I had to do a lot of test (and research) and I used it mainly for streaming. 

+1 vote that BSM is considered god

Edited by w1cx
  • Like 3

@catgirls @achilles I used the elgato HD60 with it's game capture software and recorded on different computer. So basically I changed my video/audio out to HDMI to the elgato, then the elgato goes to usb on my laptop. The device is not cheap but works well and it's so useful if you like to record/stream anything that comes out of HDMI (consoles and cams). I use it for work to livestream shows on FB and did couple of run test on twitch.  Btw if by any reasons you use OBS on a mac, it's terribly slow and it's close to not even work ... on windows the software was working fine for me but I had to do a lot of test (and research) and I used it mainly for streaming. 

+1 vote that BSM is considered god

Damn. Neat stuff haha.

Think I'm just going to give up and use in game wav_record (or w/e the command is) and afterwards sync up the sound in Vegas. Wanted to take the ez route but I guess I'll just have to make it worth my time and edit a few clips together with some music nobody but myself will enjoy :>

• Like 2

I essentially learned how to play ET watching this guy play, he is one of my favorite players for sure and a quality fella. Dig that last jump toward east tower!

The man, the myth, the legend. I heard he learned how to trickjump as well as sqzz in two days.

DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY, NONE OF IT IS TRUE

• Like 1