Adjusting MPitch

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

I switched from a 21" monitor on my Desk to a 32" monitor wall mounted, which puts it about 4 feet away from me and since then, I have a really hard time keeping my cross-hairs up and I'm getting like no headshots now. You think this is just retraining my aim or should I make CFG adjustments to compensate for the larger monitor that's further away?

Do what you gotta do man. It's surprising how changing your set up will effect your aim. Raising the height of my monitor always lowers my headshots simply cuz of what position my body and eyes are used to and what height that leaves my eyes pointed to on the screen. Maybe take advantage of your extra desk space to find a better way to rest your arm, give it some time, or adjust your pitch. Whatever your gonna do just be sure to stick with it after a few days of adjusting.

what kinda response time does that 32inch tv have ...

never seen a good player in et  ... playing on a tv 4 feet away... just sayn.. if u have to look up  . your mind will play tricks on u..

have u tried a bigger resolution?  change fov and m pitch also.

maybe post a few screen shots. i always make sure my nose is lined up with about center on my 23inch.

not that im a beast in et .. just tryin to help!oh and when all else fails use more dren..

• Like 1

Agree with both responses. Changing anything including even replacing my mouse will require getting used to.

Also bigger screens will have a higher response time and higher refresh rate which are not desirable attributes. This is why I went with a 27" high refresh rate adjustable height monitor that is sitting about a foot and half away rather than a bigger screen further back.

I play with a low m_pitch varying from 0.01155 to 0.01. Sometimes I adjust it based on the map. This m_pitch would not work well for me on Jaymod, but does the trick on horizontal maps. M_pitch is all relative to all other mouse settings though.

• Platinum VIP

Here's a screen shot of how it looks. My eyes are about even with 6" from the bottom of the screen

post-15902-0-38088500-1517965299_thumb.jpg

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

lol i like the Marlboro's on mouse pad.. just like me . finally a good use for phone books .  :drunk

Can't use them for anything else anymore lol

New Asus GTX-1080 Turbo GPU will be here tomorrow. Finally, no more IGFX. I hope it makes the 32" Samsung sparkle

• Like 2