Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse (31 Jan 2018)

RedBaird

• Leader

This site will show you the local time that it will be visible to you and tells how much of the total even that you can see.

It seemed to have detected my IP and showed me the times for my city in the USA.  

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2018-january-31

It has a "Eclipse Map and Animation" that first showed me a chart of the action at my location.  Clicking on the "> button" turned it into an animation of the viewing quality around the world as the eclipse progresses.  :D

Thanks to LazyHippo, who mentioned it in a Status Update on his wall.  https://fearless-assassins.com/statuses/user/12764-lazyhippo/?status_id=118885

(Crap!  I thought that I had finally regulated my sleep back a normal... :D )

• Like 6

• Leader

Weather.com predicts that it will be partially to fully cloudy here at that time.  We had fog this morning, too.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I looked out to see it but it was obscured by clouds.   Watched in from the Hawaii observatory and it was pretty neat.  Ive seen these before but not all 3 at once.  The best celestial thing I've ever seen is the Hale Bop comet,it was spectacular!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

It was pretty, pretty, pretty sweet form the Colorado Rockies. But I am an astronomical nerd. Not like a massively big nerd size-wise ...but I really dig the astros. Not like the baseball team ...like space stuff. I am totally going to shut up now. It was awesome.

B)

• Like 3