Odd ET Problem

-=HipKat=-
Go to solution Solved by -=HipKat=-,

• Platinum VIP

So, I got my new computer up, without a GPU, so I'm using on board Graphics.

Installed ET and when it starts, it goes to a black screen. I can hit alt-tab and see the game in the pop up and hear, but when I let go of Alt-Tab, it goes back to black screen, no sound.

Now, if I do Alt-Enter to exit full screen, I can see and play normally, but not at full screen. I tried different resolutions, but nothing's working.

Ever seen this before?? 

• Platinum VIP

I am going to explain what I did to fix that so don't yell at me if your try it and your computer blows up. I'm totally joking ...you can yell at me.

Right click Enemy Territory \ Properties \ Shortcut \ Target

Paste this at the end after ET.exe "+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +vid_restart

So it will look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +vid_restart

If ET starts and your resolution is goofy ...try to go to Options \ System \ Resolution. Set resolution to Desktop Resolution.

You could also just enter your desktop resolution in the custom fields. If this doesn't work you can just remove it from Target too.

Edited by RedBaird
added background color for contrast
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Ahhh, yes, yes. R_mode. I forgot, I'm playing with Intel chipset now, not AMD. Thanks King. I'll give that a shot

Edit, didn't work. Still same thing

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I have seen similar issues when going from windows xp to windows 7. What's your current OS?

It may be related to the resolution settings on your desktop and your ability to run ET as an administrator.

hum .. did u mke profile .in options.. did u check ur cfg too not have bogues shit...

did u set in bios  to run itergrated chip not pcie slot? sound like monitor settings arent same as game settings ..

check this also r_fullscreen "1"

does it still say 9800gs .. in graphics rendering? i can pm u my r settings  so u can cross reference..

id run a direct x scan too.id also go in to my et and check capability mode make sure its not goofy too. in settings.and disable the auto cfg thing fa has .in cfg 

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

• Leader

I have had "funny things" happen with game displays when they use settings not supported by the graphics cards or drivers.

I once set the graphics in Doom2 too high and part of the game graphics overwrote the left pane of Window95's File Explorer!

• Platinum VIP
  • Solution

I fixed it. Uninstalled ET, Upgraded Intel Graphics Driver, rebooted, reinstalled ET, fixed.

Thanks guys,

• Like 4