New Build Is Done

-=HipKat=-

I dealt with this GPU inflation crap last year...

I lucked out on NewEgg for their Valentines Day(?) sale.

I'd say you'll score between the 10th-14th... so in about a week and a half. There's going to be some inflation, and cards are going to be flying off their shelves... but the impact of that inflation and time restriction is minimal compared to the current state of affairs.

You'll probably be looking at 4gig cards going for what 6-8gb models would normally be priced at... and then that extra 30-50 bucks to get an 8 gig model. So about $50-70 dollar inflation- and I think that's about as good as you'll get in the near future.

One thing to make sure of is to get a card that has a backplate. I've noticed a lot of people around here don't care about that... and it's quite important. The temperatures on a GPU range from lukewarm to blazing hot, and without a backplate, the PCB will flex due to temperature fluctuations, and the BGA will crack and render that GPU toast after awhile.

First time I heard about the backplate thing (good to know). I know you can buy aftermarket backplates for cards, but I think it was more aesthetic acrylic than structural lol.

• Like 1