New Build Is Done

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

It looks ...LARGE!  And kinda empty. I wanna test drive it ...on a racetrack!  It won't stop the many rifle nades hurled your way but seriously ...good job. I approve.

:thumbsup

• Like 1

Wait for GPU prices to settle. Nvidia will release their next generation cards soon so order one when that happens....before the crypto miners get it. T_T

Also what case is that ? It looks awesome :D

Edited by OnionKnight
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
GPU
KBD Logitech G910 - 
MOU Logitech G502 - 
MNT
OS Windows 10 64Bit Pro

Wait for GPU prices to settle. Nvidia will release their next generation cards soon so order one when that happens....before the crypto miners get it. T_T

Also what case is that ? It looks awesome :D

what are the specs??

tower looks dope.

• Like 1

Nice RIG , why didnt u buy GPU,

u could have cut some amount on stuff and go for GPU , cause u have an awesome build but without GPU it is bad.

U could get 2 8GB RAM and later in future by it , currently u can run this with 2 8GB sticks and you could have wait for SSD as u already got 1 TB, just so you could get a NVIDIA Card. 

• Platinum VIP

Nice RIG , why didnt u buy GPU,

u could have cut some amount on stuff and go for GPU , cause u have an awesome build but without GPU it is bad.

U could get 2 8GB RAM and later in future by it , currently u can run this with 2 8GB sticks and you could have wait for SSD as u already got 1 TB, just so you could get a NVIDIA Card.

Find a GPU, bro. They don't exist. Unless I want something over a year old and used, there's nothing out there. 1070's, 1070 TI, 1080, 1080 TI, no one has them and anyone that does is asking for 2x, 3x more than they're worth and I DO have 2x8 GB ram. I just typed that wrong. No way I was going to wait for an SSD. That was a must have

Edited by -=HipKat=-

Find a GPU, bro. They don't exist. Unless I want something over a year old and used, there's nothing out there. 1070's, 1070 TI, 1080, 1080 TI, no one has them and anyone that does is asking for 2x, 3x more than they're worth and I DO have 2x8 GB ram. I just typed that wrong. No way I was going to wait for an SSD. That was a must have

did u try online. Amazon or etc..

did u try online. Amazon or etc..

Yeah they don't exist for MSRP prices. I've been looking numerous times a day looking trying to help him get one. No model from any manufacturer for 1070-1080 TI is available right now.

Newegg, EVGA.com, B&H Photo, Bestbuy, pcpartspicker, amazon, Slickdeals.net, etc.

• Like 1

how much do they usually go for? Some online stores in Noreay got them, but NOrway is usually quite expensive.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming  --   5400 NOK

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio --  9000 NOK

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti JetStream ----  5500 NOK

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Core Edition  5000 NOK

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce ---- 9600 NOK

5000 NOK = 651.43 USD transfer

• Platinum VIP

Graphics card shortage leads retailers to take unusual measures. Good luck getting your hands on a GPU.

The ongoing shortage of gaming graphics cards has kept prices for AMD’s and Nvidia’s midrange and high-end GPUs in the stratosphere, and retailers are taking steps to try to give gamers a better chance of buying the in-demand cards before cryptocurrency miners can snatch them up.

In case you’re not aware of the situation, here’s what’s going on: Cryptocurrency mining requires immense computational power, and miners figured out years ago that the chips in many high-end graphics cards are well-suited to the task. The values of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum and bitcoin have skyrocketed in recent months — a single bitcoin is currently worth well over $11,000, although that figure is in flux and has been trending downward since a peak above $19,000 last month. This has led people to put together “mining rigs” — after buying multiple consumer graphics cards for the necessary computing power — and then try to turn a profit on their investment by mining for cryptocurrency like Ethereum.

Nvidia suggests retailers put gamers over cryptocurrency miners in graphics card craze.

For instance, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070’s suggested retail price is $380, but it was selling for upward of $450 last year and is now going for more than $700. Lower-end cards like the GTX 1050 and 1060 weren’t affected initially, but miners have moved on to them as the better cards have sold out, pushing up prices for the cheaper GPUs as well. And, as the value of bitcoin spiked in December, prices rose even further.

Last week, it was reported that Nvidia is suggesting that its retail partners take measures to help ensure that they can sell graphics cards to gamers ahead of miners. Nvidia and AMD declined comment to Polygon, with both companies citing quiet periods — a business term referring to a waiting period prior to the release of a quarterly fiscal report.

Source: Polygon

• Like 2

how much do they usually go for? Some online stores in Noreay got them, but NOrway is usually quite expensive.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming  --   5400 NOK

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio --  9000 NOK

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti JetStream ----  5500 NOK

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Core Edition  5000 NOK

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce ---- 9600 NOK

5000 NOK = 651.43 USD transfer

A month ago the top of the line versions of the 1080 TI cards were $800 and generally included at least one game. Approximately for 1080 cards $550, 1070 TI cards $500, 1070 $400-450. The will come back. Bitcoin is getting hit decently hard right now. While that was likely the initial cause. The current cause is now people buying them for resale due to the current mark up. I deal with this same BS with gun stuff every so many years... I don't think that this will last too long. Retailers just have not received shipments and these are all third party sellers.

That beast is going to fly when you get a card!

• Like 1

I dealt with this GPU inflation crap last year...

I lucked out on NewEgg for their Valentines Day(?) sale.

I'd say you'll score between the 10th-14th... so in about a week and a half. There's going to be some inflation, and cards are going to be flying off their shelves... but the impact of that inflation and time restriction is minimal compared to the current state of affairs.

You'll probably be looking at 4gig cards going for what 6-8gb models would normally be priced at... and then that extra 30-50 bucks to get an 8 gig model. So about $50-70 dollar inflation- and I think that's about as good as you'll get in the near future.

One thing to make sure of is to get a card that has a backplate. I've noticed a lot of people around here don't care about that... and it's quite important. The temperatures on a GPU range from lukewarm to blazing hot, and without a backplate, the PCB will flex due to temperature fluctuations, and the BGA will crack and render that GPU toast after awhile.

• Like 2