Esports Fox

Hi all, I reinstalled ETlegacy again and now that I run it, it can't seem to load my own config but when I type in console the /autoexec.cfg it loads mine but won't load ingame only saying it execs it.

Now my question is why doesn't my config load? Do I need  to set it to read only or use admin rights more or what's else?.

Thanks in advance for helping me out if you can.

Before It all was okay and worked all but since my new reinstallation again of ETlegacy it won't work anymore (*/。\)

This might not help, but this is personally what I always do and I never have problems. 

Firstly, make sure your config file is in the "etmain" folder. 

Open ET and then the console 

Type /exec BSM.cfg                                          [Did you put "exec" before the filename?]

Type /vid_restart to ensure it's loaded              [Your problem might be that you just didn't vid_restart after executing?]

Type /writeconfig autoexec

Once you are in the mod you are playing, feel free to repeat the same steps just to make sure. 

Wish you the best, hope you solve your issue.

Yep admin rights are needed! Set the ET.exe to run as administrator. This should fix your problem as long as you saved and brought the correct autoexec to your new install.

If you have to manually execute it via console in game do as BSM said. A lot of settings won't change until a you do a vid_restart.

• Like 1

This problem is with ET:Legacy, not regular ET. :P

It's been awhile since I've played with ET:L, but if I remember correctly, all of the config files, profiles and whatnot are in your documents folder.
If typing /exec autoexec.cfg doesn't load the config file you want, there's a chance it got overwritten when you re-installed ET:L.

I would go to your Documents Folder -> ETLegacy -> NoQuarter (or NQ) and see if that autoexec.cfg is laying around. If not, go to Profiles -> profilename and open up the autoexec.cfg file using WordPad or NotePad++ to check to see whether the cvars you changed are still at those changed values, or if they reset to default.

It's been awhile since I've played with ET:L, but if I remember correctly, all of the config files, profiles and whatnot are in your documents folder.

What kinda witchcraft is this 0.o

• Like 4

• Leader

What kinda witchcraft is this 0.o

It sounds like an ETlegacy Warlock teamed up with an eTL Witch!

ADDED: 

Xernicus's tip is confirmed on ETL's   Path and File Structure page .

The Warlocks, Witches and Sorcerers were actually volunteer Programmers.  :)

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

DO you have to add .cfg when you exec your cfg on Legacy?? I don't use legacy but I just do /exec hkjm and the last line of my cfg is /vid_restart so it does it automatically.

One thing, before you exec your cfg, do /cvar_restart in console, then exec your cfg and restart video

i have hotkeys for my cfg i just do /exec autoexec.cfg i us this first then  i just  hit the * key on my keypad to /exec venom you should only have to do this once and everytime you load game up join a server all you have to do is  hit * on the  keypad and it loads your  cfg for you no restart or anything 

autoexec.cfg

Venom.cfg

It sounds like an ETlegacy Warlock teamed up with an eTL Witch!

ADDED: 

Xernicus's tip is confirmed on ETL's   Path and File Structure page .

The Warlocks, Witches and Sorcerers were actually volunteer Programmers.  :)

Ìt still won't load my config when I put my autoexec and vitosaconfig in my c:/programfiles(x86)/ETLegacy/Etmain

Or should I put it by any chance in the users/name/ documents / etlegacy folder?

• Like 1

DO you have to add .cfg when you exec your cfg on Legacy?? I don't use legacy but I just do /exec hkjm and the last line of my cfg is /vid_restart so it does it automatically.

One thing, before you exec your cfg, do /cvar_restart in console, then exec your cfg and restart video

I have done that also no succes.

No I can just do exec autoexec