OK, You CFG Experts!

-=HipKat=-

I thin that's one of the answers I was looking for in my OP, with (now) 32Gb of Ram, what to set ram related entries too. BTW, I did have 250 as my max FPS, it was a disaster. I found my best was setting to 150, and I get steady 166 FPS in-game

insert the monitor's brand and model and features insert preferred graphic resolution take a picture of the envy panel, on the age settings (attention not the global settings) the parameter that completely changes the fluidity of the game the most important is the following -------------------------------------------------- --------- bilinear / trilinear> to use bilinear other command> antialians disabled and disabled antisotropic filter -------------------------------------------------- -------- definitely with the benchmark resolution 1024x 768 of my cfg and these 3 settings if you change the com_maxfps parameter and use 0 your fps will go to 1000 with your pc, I guarantee it the problem that in addition to 333, risks that goes into connection interrupt, is a problem already encountered by other players the test to do is this: / exec lenovo / r_picmip 3 / vid_restart -------------------------------------- record a demo, very heavy with many players and a lot of spam with these commands: /record / stoprecord (at least 5 minutes) ------------------------- after executing these 2 commands -------------------------- / com_maxfps 0 / cl_timedemo 1 your demo will be displayed at maximum speed at the end opening the console you will have the average performance result of your PC with my configuration example if it were to stay above 333 fps try to set / com_maxfps 333 and r_displayrefresh to the maximum of your monitor if broken connections should occur try using cl_timenudge -10 or -20 and try again obviously to be sure, I recommend a clean installation of win 10 pro 64 bit update of all drivers and a check with antivirus and antispyware then use the utility that I attached to block all unnecessary processes of windows 10 and I also recommend to use: unpark CPU, Process Lasso, DNS JUMPER, tcp optimizer

I enclose the information of my Thinkpad ------------------------------ with my cfg, I have a medium fps of about 210

System Information Report Lenovoo Thinkpad T420.txt

Edited by JirenTV

{ hunkmegs sets the allowed memory for the graphics of the game}

im a mess around with et a bit my pc isnt the beast yours is .

but is way to good for et.lol ill let u now what i find out..

i dis agree with hunk being set that high and also hes on a think pad lol ...his res is low for a et vet player these days. hippy cat.. how many  times i gotta say it 32gigs a ram will not be used in et  noway no how. if u set et  values  out of range et doesnt perform like its supposed too. i have 5 gigs and is alot slower ram than your im sure and  next map loads so fast its sick.lol compared too 2005 2006 .lol when i had 1 gig of very slow ram. this is only thing i ever seen ram  setting need be changed for speed of map load and  dling a larger map.

but like i said  ima do some testing and chating with peyote from  the dev team ill get u some answers ..

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

i tested last night ..

doing more testing..  

seems  you can raise these values in silent ...if u do correctly and it does make diff. still testing tho. and fps seems to be most stable on silent at 150fps atlest with  cfg i have..i  raised it to 500fps and it does what i thought with my cfg... it interrupt. 333 works .. stable    if i changed to 142 for some reason it didnt feel right was twitch and not stable went to 142 peak and bobbbled all over.   if i went to 125  it was pretty darn solid.. if i went to 76 it was banked at 76  never moving.. but i didnt like how i moved.. seemed 150 fps is  key in silent i used it i was 166 solid fps..  weird also  im am using w7 64bit to test with .. dont like 10.

it seemed when i raised my hunkmegs .. less map lag   view lag.   and next map poped up like it was in a nascar race . but i see the  et engine wont utilze anymore than 192 no matter what u set the value .. time will tell.  xern do u have correct  math for  sound zone and hunk.. to be divided i found it some where but wont let me post link. think was on splash damage site.

also zonemegs is hardcoded u cant just set in cfg... u have to  write the line in your et load perimeter line. or it stays at 24. be cuz zone is loaded first before rest of et.

like i said im try  get this so  it has a real answer.now to some one like xern i probably sound like a fool.im not a pc tech like him.. just a old ass et nerd!

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP

You guys are over thinking this.

Probably, but I overthink everything...

ut oh the cats out the bag .. 

look its like this...

u wont tell me...  neither will mirror....

one thing in et is    if your godly its a secret  .. now i know your gonna say its just skill .. which i commend u for.. but i know your not running.  hunk 56    zone 24   and no cap on ur fps.. 85  and 480 640  res    i know there is   . alot of tricks good player like your self cuz u are good.. wont share so ... ima just tryin figure it out.... over thinking is still thinking. i bet u got   good at et by  .. not thinking hu!!!. so help a  et slut out please if u can!. an yes i under stand some people are just  better!.i like et so imma talk about et...wanna talk too!. ;)  :D no worries mate just tryina make a decent  understanding of  limits of  .game!

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP

look its like this...

one thing in et is    if your godly its a secret  .. now i know your gonna say its just skill .. which i commend u for.. but i know your not running.  hunk 56    zone 24   and no cap on ur fps.. 85  and 480 640  res    i know there is   . alot of tricks good player like your self cuz u are good.. wont share so ... ima just tryin figure it out.... over thinking is still thinking. i bet u got   good at et by  .. not thinking hu!!!. so help a  et slut out please if u can!. an yes i under stand some people are just  better!.i like et so imma talk about et...wanna talk too!. ;)  :D no worries mate just tryina make a decent  understanding of  limits of  .game!

its just skill

• Like 1

look its like this...

What do you mean "won't tell you", all you gotta do is ask duder! I've ways been down to share any and all knowledge I may or may not have.

I've always thought the obvious answer to getting better asking asking yourself "where am I lacking", "why am I lacking here", "how to a change this", and lastly having the dedication to follow through... But mostly good genetics :P

All I'm getting at is stream lining a config to a new PC is only a few strait forward settings and not some sort of secret magical Harry Potter type nonsense. Change the HW specific settings and turn up your fps and ram a little if they we're low before, but there's a limit... You stop at that limit.

P.s. if you compare me to mirror one more time I'm gonna pop you.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

look its like this...

Ever notice guy like that adjust their timenudge a lot, too? What's that all about?

Check this topic.

Many important things.

That's six years old, dude, and Haru, That's all I wanna know, the specific things to adjust based on my computer