Silent server suggestions

Beeshbum

Hello,

I've been playing on mostly the silent server for a long time now. There are a couple things I've noticed that I'd like to suggest in order to make the gameplay more fun.

1. Knife damage is set way too high. It literally can take one hit from a knife to be killed, whereas, most of the time, it takes multiple gunshots to be killed. I would suggest that knife damage be a little bit more realistic.

2. Limit the number of medics each team can have. There are limits on the number of panzers, flamethrowers, etc that can be on each team. Why not limit the number of medics? I've had PLENTY of experiences on the server where maps are just completely ruined by most of the team being medics and either not caring to do the objectives, or the opposite team being composed of mostly medics and just plowing through. There are many very good players that come to your servers, and that's great, but most of the time these stellar players tend to be medics and not even bother trying to revive/heal teammates, etc. Essentially, as a former clan admin who ran many successful servers in the past, I just feel that sometimes some things can/should be done to optimize playability and enjoyment for the majority of players.

Thanks for reading!

Beeshbum

1 - completely agree, knife damage is just crazy

2 - I must disagree.. well no, I agree with you, but I know that reducing medics below the current limit would just stop people playing. Some people don't enjoy other classes so much that they won't play them. I will play every class depending on the map, but mostly I play medic. However Rambos will always be Rambos and if they can't be, they won't play.. which would not fix the problem it would just mean less people playing

Edited by Chuckun

Hey beeshbum,nice to see you here.

I agree about the knives,its very obvious its broken.Players just pull out knive in close distance and almost always win the fight.

I disagree with limiting the amount of medics in a team.There are other things that should be limited before medics.

I have seen maps with 6 fields ops,in fact any time italy loads and server is full pull up your console and you will see 6 field opses 9 out of 10 times.

If anything needs to be limited its field ops,and i say that because its always a war on who will get to use artillery or support fire to the point where you see noobs sitting with their binocs spamming mouse 1 in order to get it,and they end up throwing it in a completely useless place and get 0 kills.

But i dont think that should be changed either,i think only the knives should be fixed.

At the end of the day a medic that gets lots of frags will still help the team much more than a useless field ops fighting to beat his teammate to get artillery for himself.

• Like 1

99% of knife kills are from be hide if you get hit from be hide with a knife your going to die it takes 3 hits from just about any where as

6 medics on both teams is fine and can even be a problem with the servers are full so i don't really see a point in changing that

• 1 month later...

Best fix for that is just to get rid of Italy.

Hey beeshbum,nice to see you here.

I agree about the knives,its very obvious its broken.Players just pull out knive in close distance and almost always win the fight.

I disagree with limiting the amount of medics in a team.There are other things that should be limited before medics.

I have seen maps with 6 fields ops,in fact any time italy loads and server is full pull up your console and you will see 6 field opses 9 out of 10 times.

If anything needs to be limited its field ops,and i say that because its always a war on who will get to use artillery or support fire to the point where you see noobs sitting with their binocs spamming mouse 1 in order to get it,and they end up throwing it in a completely useless place and get 0 kills.

But i dont think that should be changed either,i think only the knives should be fixed.

At the end of the day a medic that gets lots of frags will still help the team much more than a useless field ops fighting to beat his teammate to get artillery for himself.