connection lost -> allocate more ram!

Eazy

ok, soo one of the most best kept secret in the ET world is that i m a pur noob with pc  :ph34r: .  i ve been having a lot of lost connection in game soo i decided to try a few things. firstly i noticed that my pc could wun simple band wifi only  :wacko:  i bought a d link wifi key ac1200 . it help but haven t solve my problems .  then i started to look into the pc stats/ infos . my laptop s getting old but relatively new compared to ET lol soo i was septical about it been the problem ...  soo what s next might be obvious for you bunch of pc genius geek but i tought i d share it as it solve my noobish issues soo it might help someone else .     allocating more ram to the game by making it a high priority following this youtube video :   

keys to remember*

-open  ET and run  administrator  mod 
-minimized alt+enter
-task: ctrl+alt+delete
-see all process 
-set ET priority high

it works good for me soo far , hope it could help someone in the same problem as me . don t hesitate to pm me on forum if you got question or need help about it  :cheers
  • Like 2

That does not allocate more RAM, it changes the core affinity CPU scheduling.
You allocate more RAM to the game by changing hunkmegs, zonemegs, soundmegs, etc cvars.

And that should not be the case Turntle, as the executable stays running the entire time. Though I suppose the scheduler creating/closing threads could affect this.
Perhaps running ET through a program like ETAffinity would prevent that from occurring- but it might not agree with our Anticheat.

EDIT: I'm flipping tired. I read "Task Manager" and assumed it was related to Affinity. In any event, the "hard limit" of ET's RAM consumption is directly correlated to the cvars mentioned above- it is not dynamic like modern games.

Setting the core affinity to a single core, making sure your config is optimized, and running on a "High Performance" power plan will ensure your gameplay is smooth. No need to mess with the scheduler.

And never ever set a task to "realtime", whoever made this video is a nub.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 2

And that should not be the case Turntle, as the executable stays running the entire time. Though I suppose the scheduler creating/closing threads could affect this.

Perhaps running ET through a program like ETAffinity would prevent that from occurring- but it might not agree with our Anticheat.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the reason, but the affinity definitely reverts to default when the map changes. I use Process Lasso to keep it running on the same core and haven't had any issues with the anticheat.

also for windows 10 users 
disable windows defender it uses really a lot of memory 
and look if there are more programs running that dont need to run + disable apps that are enabled in your internet browser 
i use google chrome and i see windows 10 is running a bunch off apps that use much ram and are all useless or used for getting info on you

• Like 1