DOI-Suggestion DOI 2 server suggestions

Sisje

Personally I think that flakturm is a server killer (any mode) and tbh I've never seen saint-lo entrenchment or ortana entrenchment on server 1? I thought we needed the whole list in order to stay an official server?

Personally I think that flakturm is a server killer (any mode) and tbh I've never seen saint-lo entrenchment or ortana entrenchment on server 1? I thought we needed the whole list in order to stay an official server?

This list is from NWI officla coop commando playlist. So yeah. we do need all those maps from those list. 

btw as u said , if we remove any1 map it will become custom so, lets keep all, if they dont like they shall vote for next map.

Commando_cooperative mode is added to server # 2

• Like 4

GG , looking forward to playing on it today.

I agree flakturm is indeed frustrating but i have observed that with coordinated team work it can be pulled.

• Like 1

playing on the server today, there was 11 non members talking. gameplay was mixed, a few people gunned down quick and the rest adapted tactically.

a couple regulars commented something seemed different. The bots were fierce today. So far it seems really positive

• Like 1

Games are going incredibly well. I think we've lost 1 in 2 hours. 8-12 people at peak. Tactics are good. Its fun. The deaths feel so authentic, less cheap-cheaty weird moments

So a few things here.

1. Commando Mode gives bots near-perfect aim (MG and Sniper in particular), and doubles their health and supply. So, in most cases, a bolt action shot to the chest of a bot will no longer be a one hit kill.
2. The player indicators are not optional, as with most of the NWI playlist stuff changing it will get you delisted.

3. The lack of indicators leads to -A LOT- of team killing, especially with the custom uniforms for all factions.
​4. I've always had better luck by increasing bot count and adjusting difficulty CVARs than using the Elite or Commando modes.
​5. I'd like to have the initial server for recruiting be a way to ease into the much more difficult #2 server.

6. There is a maximum of 47 players and bots -COMBINED- in these games, so if we have 12 humans we can only have 35 bots. I found the ideal in Insurgency was 32 bots to 6 players, in DoI it seems to be 32 to 8.
​7. The best place to dial difficulty is to make it very hard to win with 1/2 server full. So, in an 8 player server it should be hard but doable for a squad of 4. For 12 player, this means 6 is the smallest viable unit to win, and with a smaller player base than Insurgency it's going to result in a lot of frustration. We either end up with something too hard to beat with a small group, which makes them leave and never reach a full squad, or it becomes a cake walk when the server is full.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 8:07 AM, Sisje said:

Saint-lo is the best map :)

Flakturm is the favorite of @Dycantos :cheers

Well, first couple times I hated that map basically because I hadn't understood it. But after you play as american you get the principle:

That is a defensive map for germans, and americans have to capture/destroy the flak that is/are on top and are shooting down american planes (speaking as there is a plot). It's not that bad, but I prefer destroyed cities as Salerno, Ortona and Dunkirk.

Cheers

On 6/1/2018 at 5:18 PM, Franz said:

Saint-lo is the best map :)

Flakturm is the favorite of @Dycantos :cheers

I don't really like Flakturm actually it's kind of boring on entrenchment and a clusterf@ck on Stronghold albeit a semi enjoyable clusterf@ck.

P.S. I often refer to it as favourite sarcastically but no not on of my top picks.  

• Platinum VIP

I dont see why were talking about flakturn but ive always liked it.  The more its played the more one becomes familier with is and it goes rather quickly. Ive used the entrenchment mode to lvl as there are several places to do that while playing alone.  Unfortunately i know there are many ppl whos computer cant handle the graphics.  I would like to keep this server as official.

18 hours ago, Dycantos said:

I don't really like Flakturm actually it's kind of boring on entrenchment and a clusterf@ck on Stronghold albeit a semi enjoyable clusterf@ck.

P.S. I often refer to it as favourite sarcastically but no not on of my top picks.  

C'mon @Dycantos , confess, you love it 😄

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I really don't mind flakturm. I like a good challenge. In the case that it stops people from playing, well then it's not ideal. Entrenchment seems not well engineered, but implementing some creativity as Kooki mentioned makes it reasonable. Overall though, it's a decent map IMO.