DOI-Suggestion DOI 2 server suggestions

Sisje

We recently got a second DOI server up and running. We are thinking about making it a hardcore COOP/COOP Commando server but we would love to get some input from all of you. Please let us know what you would like to see on our second server!

Server IP 178.63.72.165:27032

Edited by Sisje
  • Like 2

Yes, the first thing we need to know if the 2nd server will be on coop or coop_commando playlist, hence please check out first any coop_ commando server and compare it with our doi#1 server. Also compare which servers coop or coop_commando are more populated/more full.

• Like 1

Indeed, we can first decide what mod we want on it , what kind of stuff we shld do with 2 server. As we did with ins made it hardcore. We can go with that or else.

My suggestion : we can make this server with only stronghold maps , so that it only focus on team play and we can add all the stuff needed for teamplay , as DOI was made for teamplay etc. Many of our regulars, members and even some players does like to have a team play and a team where it feels like actual war and we depend on each other etc. We could mainly do that which will attract alot of them as most of the people who play DOI and INS love to play in such situations and such servers.

Suggestions are open still. :) 

• Like 2

#2 on Ins in time of its prime had the best settings - harder than #1, more non-standard stuff (there are ranks in DOI, so it's not obligatory) and only coop maps. I'd love to see #2 on DOI similar to it, so:

- hardcore settings

- only stronghold

• Like 1

I do love entrenchment but a stronghold only is a nice option.

#1 is often plagued by newer players who dont understand gameplay. They dont regroup. I would like to see a minimum rank system implemented for hardcore if at all possible.

Our servers should emphasize teamwork. We dont need players who want to play 3+ minutes alone because they dont want to regroup.

I think recruiting should be commando + our tweaks.

• Like 1

I really like Raid, but I mostly agree with what Timmy said. Stronghold, I think this is the best option for us.

• Like 1

I agree with Pabbat on commando, we can edit what we want in the CVAR list to change specific behaviours like how long it takes to pull the trigger etc.

That being said, we need to teach people how to be patient. You cannot run around like we do on normal Coop

• Like 2

• Administrators

If you guys are going to stick to 8 slot server on DOI #2 server, I can add DOI #3 server with 32 slot. I believe 32 slot server will remain full for longer period of time. 

We got plenty of RAM, CPU and IO for Euro server.

• Like 4

Coop-Commando is a great idea, need a tougher fight with those bots for sure. But i think only stronghold maps will make some guys feel bored pretty soon. So we could have the old map system where we could vote but to eliminate new players creating a mess, we can impose a rank restriction on server #2 like player should be atleast first sergeant or above. Basically his/her min rank should be 5th from starting.

Edited by sid316
  • Like 1

I think we should set it up as coop commando and see from there what needs tweaking and/or if it's popular enough. More suggestions are welcome :) 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

My idea is with commando also.  I would like to see only 8 ppl server because with that many no one gets points.  I think an increase in bot count but change the factor that makes the bot wait a few miliseconds before shooting to allow the team to kill better, since commando is harder anyway.  Plus we dont want the server to be so hard that ppl cant play it at all, so some concessions need to be made to bring ppl in.  If we keep it at 8 and its always full then maybe we could increase it to say 12 or something like that.   Timmy and Red suggested that we make it a 12 group anyway so we have a 10 member team plus the officer and radio, or i think thats what they said.   Ive had such bad luck with my game play lately, i dont know if i could play on that server anyway, but im just one person. I like winning sometimes and not loosing all the time. Weapons, i think we should keep the original ones offered by the regular server for authenticity.  There are some good looking maps on the workshop that could be intergrated into our server but i think they are still in beta, check them out.  Ill add more as i think of them and try to remember what others have said.

• Like 3

So i played on a server yesterday which had bot difficulty on Hard. And it was awesome playing against those bots. Bots were so intelligent, for instance a bot was fighting a team mate and as soon as i approached it, it turned towards me and started shooting and i died. It was so realistic and i didn't even know bots could do that. For the 1st time i had to make a strategy and plan my moves instead of just running around.

So i think commando co-op would be badass for sure. We'd play together, make strategies and fight those bots. It'd be fun.

Which maps do u guys want. 

This is the list , select which ones u guys want.

"bastogne" "stronghold"
"comacchio" "stronghold"
"crete" "stronghold"
"dog_red" "stronghold"
"foy" "stronghold"
"ortona" "stronghold"
"reichswald" "stronghold"
"saint_lo" "stronghold"
"salerno"       "stronghold"
"sicily" "stronghold"
"rhineland"     "stronghold"
"breville" "stronghold"