*Kiba*

how to change my vsays back to number not letter

okay for some time now i have noticed that my vsays are  letters now not numbers like they us to be i have no clue how i changed this and i would really love to get them back to numbers like v55  it very annoying help would be much appreciated

Posted (edited)

You should set cg_quickMessageAlt to 1. No idea how this value could have changed though.

Edited by Broham
  • Like 3

You should set cg_quickMessageAlt to 1. No idea how this value could have changed though.

I went to the server to check the options menus, then came here to find that you had posted a correct answer.  

Options/Game/Chat...QuickChatMode can be numeric or alpha...mine is numeric and my /cg_quickMessageAlt is set to 1.

What "chat icon time" is on that Chat-window is, I don't know... it can be set from Short through to Endless. :)

What "chat icon time" is on that Chat-window is, I don't know... it can be set from Short through to Endless. :)

I assume that is the icon that floats over players when they use vsays?

• Like 1

Broham, on 05 Jan 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

that fixed it i have no clue how i changed that i know i was messing with setting and i guess i messed with this 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Broham, on 05 Jan 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

that fixed it i have no clue how i changed that i know i was messing with setting and i guess i messed with this 

It could be that you meant to click on one setting, but got distracted and clicked on the wrong one.

If this topic was for Jaymod mod, I would say that a few of mine sometimes change on their own...the same 3 only, though...from time to tine.

Edited by RedBaird
change tense

ya have no clue how that got changed i know i was messing with my sounds  thinking about editing some custom hit sounds in  but  it was to much work getting them to work right