DOI-Discussion Favourite DOI Gun

Verillaxus

Webly, Lewis, Tommy and Enfield for Commonwealth. C96 pistol and Sub, Fg-42, G-43 for ze Germans. Carbine and BAR for Murica

Edited by Dycantos

From Schnitzel's :D(Wehrmacht): MG34, Stg 44, C96 M1932, Panzerschreck. MG42 is the most favourite

From Burger's 😂 (U.S. Army): M1918 BAR, Bazooka.

From Tea lover's (Commonwealth) Bren or Lewis, Thompson M1928A1, Ithaca, Welrod.

Edited by GarryLT
  • Haha 1

MG34 is very hard to aim and control when not deployed. It has too high of a kick for my liking, along with the Vickers. Plus, it has a drum mag which makes it eat up ammo fast unlike the 42 which uses a 250 round belt.

Edited by Jack Mehoff

10 hours ago, Jack Mehoff said:

MG34 is very hard to aim and control when not deployed. It has too high of a kick for my liking, along with the Vickers. Plus, it has a drum mag which makes it eat up ammo fast unlike the 42 which uses a 250 round belt.

Well it depends on person, actually i use MG42 not deployed, and i am trying to compensate recoil with force correction, well it helps ofc, but need train everytime to know how gun makes recoil spread. I agree Vickers is more accurate than MG42 when is not deployed because it's weight and fire rate. It is good example as automatic shotgun AA-12 he is so heavy even you can shoot precisely with one hand (more balanced is when you have two of them :D)

Edited by GarryLT

For me, I seem to play with bolt action rifles the best.  knowing I only really have one shot makes me aim more carefully, and if I engage in CQC I usually whip out a pistol.  However..

Automatic: MP40.  Nice rate of fire combined with stopping power.  I don't need to unload a lot of shots to put someone down.  The Thompson with a foregrip is a close second.  

Semi-Auto: M1 Garand.  Literally just because of the loud ejecting clip.

Bolt-Action: Gotta give it to the Enfield.  The K98 has nice sights but I always seem to have lots of difficulty if I have to use it at mid-close range.  The Springfield is only really good if you have a scope.  

Pistol: Webley forever.  Webley is love.  Webley is life. 

Honorable mention: The PIAT.  I've killed so many nazis with that thing. 

1 hour ago, Diabolical Seal said:

For me, I seem to play with bolt action rifles the best.  knowing I only really have one shot makes me aim more carefully, and if I engage in CQC I usually whip out a pistol.  However..

Automatic: MP40.  Nice rate of fire combined with stopping power.  I don't need to unload a lot of shots to put someone down.  The Thompson with a foregrip is a close second.  

Semi-Auto: M1 Garand.  Literally just because of the loud ejecting clip.

Bolt-Action: Gotta give it to the Enfield.  The K98 has nice sights but I always seem to have lots of difficulty if I have to use it at mid-close range.  The Springfield is only really good if you have a scope.  

Pistol: Webley forever.  Webley is love.  Webley is life. 

Honorable mention: The PIAT.  I've killed so many nazis with that thing. 

If I were to list my favorite weapons in your format, I'd go like this:

Automatic: FG42. It's like the Swiss Army Knife of all small arms in DOI. You can fit a scope on it for sniping, fire it in semi-auto like a Garand or Gewehr 43, or you can fire it in full-auto like a machine gun.

Semi-Auto: M1 Carbine. Light weight, accurate, and more rounds in a magazine than the Garand or Gewehr. Maybe not as powerful, but definitely very accurate and reliable. Good with a bayonet too.

Bolt-Action: Enfield. The only thing that separates it from the Springfield and the Kar98 is it holds ten rounds instead of only five. Perfect for sniping or bayoneting in close quarters.

Pistol: M1911. Semi-automatic and the slugging power of the .45 ACP round is difficult to match.

RPG: Panzerschreck. The perfect rocket launcher for engineers. Although I'd like to see a feature where we could take off the blast shield for aiming purposes.

Honorable mention: Tie between the STG44 and M1928 Thompson. The STG is the only assault rifle in the game and Lord help my enemies when I equip the Thompson with a drum mag and foregrip. ;)

• Like 1