DOI-Discussion Favourite DOI Gun

Verillaxus

Unfortunately, only the British can get access to the drum mag. Why not the Americans???

The US has a different version of the Thompson.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has to be the M1, as much as I'm a Brit through and through, there's nothing quite like the finger-killing, shoulder-busting, German-dropping Garand. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a fresh-meat DOI player, I have to throw in my uneducated and possibly profound opinion. pistol: Hi Power. Primary: MP-40 or Thompson (drum mag, not regular) maybe even a sten. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The PPK brings back HORDES of memories of the old 007 games like Goldeneye. But at times when I use it, it feels like I'm shooting a staple gun.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would probably have to be a tie between the elegant British Lee Enfield and the masterfully crafted German Kar98, since I have thankfully had the profound privilege of firing both firearms in shooting ranges.

Bolt-action rifles, despite their cumbersome handling, have this sexiness about them that I feel no other weapon holds. The tension of focusing in on your intended target, taking the shot, pulling back on the bolt to release the used shell casing, then moving back into place to load a new round into the chamber, and repeating this process over and over is nothing but pure, unadulterated satisfaction!

P.S: I realise the Springfield is also a bolt-action rifle, but you can never go wrong with using the M1 Garand! The iconic "ping" of the magazine is too amazing to miss out on.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 9:12 AM, GoogalaJones said:

It would probably have to be a tie between the elegant British Lee Enfield and the masterfully crafted German Kar98, since I have thankfully had the profound privilege of firing both firearms in shooting ranges.

Bolt-action rifles, despite their cumbersome handling, have this sexiness about them that I feel no other weapon holds. The tension of focusing in on your intended target, taking the shot, pulling back on the bolt to release the used shell casing, then moving back into place to load a new round into the chamber, and repeating this process over and over is nothing but pure, unadulterated satisfaction!

P.S: I realise the Springfield is also a bolt-action rifle, but you can never go wrong with using the M1 Garand! The iconic "ping" of the magazine is too amazing to miss out on.

The Enfield is the best bolt action in the game because of its clip.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jack Mehoff said:

The Enfield is the best bolt action in the game because of its clip.

They all use 5 round stripper clips. :)

• Like 1