Racism and Admin Negligence

benks

I was on F|A #3 PVP Combat server and twice I called upon F|A members to deal with players making racist remarks. The first time an F|A member responded by saying "How can you prove what somebody said over voice chat" even though they themselves heard the comments. The second time a member issued a warning instead of an outright kick/ban. Is that F|A's policy?

What is F|A's policy on member's responsibility to deal with players abusing rules? I understand not every member may have the same server/admin privileges but shouldn't it be a member's responsibility to contact the appropriate people to deal with such situations especially when called upon by other players trying to enjoy the game?

I don't want to put anyone on blast and I unfortunately do not have proof or screenshots that any of this took place. I would like to better understand the community's policies and hope for less frustrating days on the otherwise wonderful servers.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Lets start by reviewing our server rules: https://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency_Server_Rules

Obviously racism is not tolerated on our servers or forums. Anyone wearing the =F|A= tag should be willing and able to deal with this situation. We would always warn first and then progress discipline as required. Lots of people will say or do stupid things, but smarten up after a warning, others might need to get banned. We want to give everyone the opportunity to correct their behavior. Every situation is different. Proof is required in most cases. Problem with voice chat is that it is difficult to prove, but not impossible. We want to provide a safe and fun environment for everyone. We take these allegations seriously.

Edited by Shoes
  • Like 3

Thank you for the response, Shoes.

While I wholeheartedly disagree that a warning should be issued instead of an immediate kick/ban when it comes to something like racism I understand FA's policy. Thanks for clarifying for me.

In the future, is there anything else we can do to alert F|A of abuse when members or admins can not or will not deal with rule violators?

Edited by benks
  • Like 1

You can try Discord - a lot of us hang out there even when not gaming. Otherwise, you can also try hitting forums and checking at the bottom of the screen to see who is active at that moment. By the way, appreciate the report and the way in which it was made (ie not getting hysterical). Would that everyone was as wise ;)

• Like 1

Hey,

We've been fixing admin levels on server and until this morning we couldn't do anything. Right now levels are back and we can act accordingly to the rules. Still, we need help in managing PVP server as it might be tough to handle those trolls/racists. You may take either a screenshot of TK'er for instance or do a recording by the following procedure: open console, type record nameofaplayer (to start a recording) and stopdemo (to end the recording), then find it in your computer by searching it via name of the recording, then send it to us and don't forget to get player's steam profile. You can also add some admins to your steam so you will be in touch with us.

Regards,

Unknown*

• Like 4