In Game Frequent Disconnects.

DarthMojo

I've been playing on this server for a couple years now, located in the US, and over the last 2 months the game has been unplayable. I get the 'Connection Interrupted' thing about every 10-15 seconds. I ran a ping test to the server and it was 125ms. tried turning down some of the autoexec settings like fps, nothing. Any ideas or suggestions on how to improve this? I know being in N. America doesn't help my ping but it was never this bad, it would drop once or twice a map but not every 10 seconds. I miss playing. :-(

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone as well!

Edited by DarthMojo

Perhaps it's due to your provider. It's the same on all servers ?

But you can test that :

- run pk3 cleaner : https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

If it's always the same

- check with winmtr : https://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/382-winmtr-checking-network-issues/

Same PB here, perhaps it could help : https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/83146-connection-interrupted-label-constantly-shown-on-screen/?hl=%2Bconnection+%2Binterrupt&do=findComment&comment=745179

Regards.

Edited by AnG3L
  • Like 1

• Leader

try /r_primitives 0  ( or 1 or 2 ) 

When I updated my graphics driver a few years ago, my ET got BAAAaaaaAAADDD!  I had to give up and revert to the older software and my gameplay returned to normal.

Then I read of the /r_primitives 1 on these FA-Forums, tried it, and have been happy ever since. :D  That was on an AMD card from 2010 or so.

I have had temporary problems caused by background programs taking up too many system resources, detected by running Windows Task Manager.

• Like 1

have u checked ur rate and maxpackets alot of times it gets reverted to stock and thats 4000 rate and 15 maxpackets .. and at most u need at lest 13000 34000 is ideal .. and maxpackets should be atlest 30 100 is ideal!first thing id check .. when in server do /players in counsel!

o/s?

server?

are u runnig a back ground antivirus or firewall???

turning fps up or down wont really  make ur ping unstable .

/rate 34000 

/cl_maxpackets 100

search ur folder for tmp. files delete!

Edited by captnconcrete