ET known et issues & solutions

schNee

On 12/29/2017 at 8:14 PM, Chuckun said:

Would advise against deleting the silent.dat file though.

I forgot how many times I deleted this and with no issues...

• 1 month later...

I had a new problem in Enemy Territory.
Game would quit during intermission with this error message:
Unsupported marker type 0x6b
I searched web and found that It's caused by newest video drivers.
I downloaded and installed older one and no more crashes!

LaoNXwQ.jpg

Motherboard: MSI A68HM-E33 v2
CPU: A10-6800K APU quad-core(FM2 3.5 GHz)
Chipset: AMD® A68H
Videocard: nvidia GTX 1050ti

• 1 month later...

i have a problem 2 times today, i ve been playing at jaymod1 and, there is a lot of lag and after the lag, the game kicked me out and it say "Client Security Patch" and display another windows with my Guid, my Profile and my Ingame name.... how i can fix this problem??

• Leader
On 7/28/2018 at 7:13 PM, Matasanos said:

... and display another windows with my Guid, my Profile and my Ingame name.... how i can fix this problem??

I see that when I /disconnect, at least from the jaymods.  I will go test it on all the mods right now...

... that is wrong.  I joined and quickly /disconnected from each mod, but only the normal FA menu appeared.  I don't know why that "guid + profile & ingame names" display shows up, but I have seen it, too.

Edited by RedBaird
wrong again!

26 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

guid + profile & ingame names

I think this came from the security patch/update that DD released. I get it when I'm on Jaymod or N!tmod in the main screen. I also don't get a server list for silEnT.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Something else that I noticed is that in the few times I return to playing W:ET I always forget to run the program as an administrator. This may be a somewhat noobish problem to have, but what happens is I can run the program but when I attempt to connect to the server nothing is able to download. It just attempts to download, goes back to awaiting gamestate, attempts to download, awaiting gamestate... etc. It just gets stuck in a loop. I hope this helps someone out there who has the same issue I've had.

3 minutes ago, Soda08 said:

Something else that I noticed is that in the few times I return to playing W:ET I always forget to run the program as an administrator. This may be a somewhat noobish problem to have, but what happens is I can run the program but when I attempt to connect to the server nothing is able to download. It just attempts to download, goes back to awaiting gamestate, attempts to download, awaiting gamestate... etc. It just gets stuck in a loop. I hope this helps someone out there who has the same issue I've had.

Set the "Run as an administrator" option under the compatibility settings in your shortcut or the executable's (et.exe) properties. That way it's just set and forget. 😛

Just now, Xernicus said:

Set the "Run as an administrator" option under the compatibility settings in your shortcut or the executable's (et.exe) properties. That way it's just set and forget. 😛

Yeah that's what I do, but I always seem to struggle with it for three hours as I attempt to set up W:ET again, lol.

Also, would you be willing to help me? Another problem that I always run in to and never remember the solution for is being unable to save my settings. For example, I start up ET, change my window size and reticule settings, and the next time I start up the game they're set back to the defaults. Do you know the workaround for this?

9 minutes ago, Soda08 said:

Yeah that's what I do, but I always seem to struggle with it for three hours as I attempt to set up W:ET again, lol.

Also, would you be willing to help me? Another problem that I always run in to and never remember the solution for is being unable to save my settings. For example, I start up ET, change my window size and reticule settings, and the next time I start up the game they're set back to the defaults. Do you know the workaround for this?

You can run ET as admin and load a mod you want to save settings for, set your settings to what you want but do not connect to a server, once you have set your settings exit the game as normal and they should be the same when you next load it up....failing that use a command line in parameters to set resolution etc etc (example +r_mode -1 +r_customwidth 1280 +r_customheight 1024 +cg_fov 106 +set com_hunkmegs 768 +vid_restart)....or You shouldn't really play with the etconfig.cfg so MAKE A BACKUP OF IT FIRST then open the etconfig.cfg in etmain  and change the settings in there, save and copy that etconfig to each mod folder to be safe and sure it changes in all mods....as etconfig is the default cfg file anything you change in that should stay unless over written by an autoexec.cfg.  

Edited by Snuffs99

1 minute ago, Snuffs99 said:

You can run ET as admin and load a mod you want to save settings for, set your settings to what you want but do not connect to a server, once you have set your settings exit the game as normal and they should be the same when you next load it up....failing that use a command line in parameters to set resolution etc etc (example +r_mode -1 +r_customwidth 1280 +r_customheight 1024 +cg_fov 106 +set com_hunkmegs 768 +vid_restart)....or open the etconfig.cfg in etmain and change the settings you want in there, save and copy that etconfig to each mod folder to be safe and sure it changes in all mods....as etconfig is the default cfg file anything you change in that should stay unless over written by an autoexec.cfg.

Thank you so much!

• RendeL featured this topic