connecting problems [unexpected wwwdl bbl8r]

Haruhi Suzumiya

• Leader

I recently read of the same problem looked at the source-code.  I will have to find out where I saved my opinion. :)

Some have described it as an "ETmain glitch", but I think that it has to do with download problems from the redirect server.

WWW DL implies the download and bbL8r would mean "be back later".  I do remember that in the code...I will BBL8R when I find the info.  :D

• Leader

Okay, I found it.  FA-Rendel had sent me a PM about someone with the same problem.  Below is an edited version of my reply to him.

I replaced the Player's name with "[player]".

The line in the SS is " [player] sv_WWWDownload: unexpected wwwdl bbl8r ".

I looked at the source code for ET and etLegacy in GitHub and it seems that that happens when the server aborts a file download.

We don't normally see messages from the sv_WWWDownload server module and the "bbl8r" message is part of the file-download chat by the server and client.  It seems that if the connection is dropped, the client is left with the job of reporting the error message to the user.

It looks like [player] has played on Beginners#2 from time to time:

__#__|_____First Seen______|______Last Seen______|_____Time Played____|__Name__
   1 | 2016-12-21 20:56:44 | 2017-10-18 22:12:56 |     7d 1h 9min 32s | [player]

Beginners#2 is the only FA server that TBS has session records for [player].  He(?) was last seen there on 3 Dec, with a 999 ping.  Seems to be the same '[player]'. :?:

If he was downloading a file on 24 October, the server might not keep records for him unless he is "fully connected" and not just downloading.  TBS would probably miss him, too.

Beg #2 is his fav server, but he did visit Jay#1 some 41 days ago...if same player :) [TBS player link deleted]

• Like 2

• Leader

Haruhi, PM me your friend's name or S:ET.  I can look at some records on HC that might or might not help.  Had he connected there before, or to any Silent mod servers?  

• Leader

I just sent him my entire silent folder minus the personal stuff and he was able to connect.  Thanks for the help though!

I was making tests, but didn't get the same error.

I found a peculiar vulnerability that I will have to do some more tedious tests on.  :) for your friend and your help for him. 

I just sent him my entire silent folder minus the personal stuff and he was able to connect.  Thanks for the help though!

so what was the solution or issue?

the dl wasn't the right one? or what?

i would like to add solution in here:

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/91333-known-et-issues-solutions/

• Like 1