nVIDIA_ , no name/ xp

nVIDIA_

Hey, i used to have alot of xp in beginners#2, i quited for a while and had ET uninstalled in my computer. Now i joined back but surprisesurprise, my nick worked for me 1 round with 0 xp. After that the server changes it to asd everytime i log in. Other servers my nick works fine. Any solutions? Really want to join back beginners#2 but aint the same without xp or my old name.. 

• 4 months later...

Yes , i did. I reinstalled it.
Old files are gone, i cant use my  old nick in FA servers.. thought its only 1 FA  server but in every FA server it automaticly swaps to asd. 

Edited by nVIDIA_

The problem is i cannot use my old nickname nor have xp's in FA servers, after reinstalling the game couple of months ago.. i quited cuz of that from FA cuz no answers.. how to fix it

In order to save your xp. You need to save your etkey and silent.dat file since you play on  a silent modded server. If you have saved them. Just copy them both into your etmain directory located in your Wolf:ET folder. If you haven't, unfortunately you will have to start from scratch. Even if you had saved your files. You haven't played in over a month, so your xp would have been automatically reset anyway. My advice is to just start fresh and enjoy levelling up again. I hope you find motivation to do this. 

Regarding your name. Go to your etmain folder, look for a file type. Cfg and open it in a text document. Add or edit the line /setname to whatever it is you want to call yourself.

Alternatively you can do this in game. Once you're on the server, open the console and type /setname nvidia. I'm assuming nvidia is the name you are wanting to go for. To save this you can type /writeconfig nvidia. This will save your current settings to a. Cfg file called nvidia. . Should you lose your settings or wish to reinstall again. Save that. Cfg file and ensure its in your etmain folder again once ET has been reinstalled.. Once in game just open the console and type /exec nvidia (or whatever you want to call it when you type /writeconfig). This should restore your settings. You may have to type /vid_restart and /snd_restart for all settings to take effect. 

Hope this answer is satisfactory enough for you. Enjoy! 

Edited by CheepHeep
Corrections. On my phone lol.
  • Like 1