Et isnt starting anymore

Wanheda
Go to solution Solved by Wanheda,

so here is the thing. Just wanna go play et, I can see the startscreen but it goes realy slow.

my mouse doesn't work anymore or just after a few sec it jumps to another place.

If I finally have it on the right place and I get to the server list its just really slow. (from beginning till this it takes more then 2 min)

Already reinstalled it, but still the same...

What am I doing wrong ?

Can be a lot of things (related to your network for instance).

The command /condump wanheda.txt saves the output of the console to a text file with the same name on your etmain folder, instead of take various screen shots. So we can have more insight about the issue.

You can also join official discord channel https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/88147-official-fa-discord/ I'm sure there are plenty of players there eager to help you out as well.

• Like 1

Use this installer and select the needed parts only: https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/774-enemy-territory-full-version/

Do you use cfg file? If so, make sure you have enough memory reserved for et and also your gpu is set (if ati card):

set com_hunkMegs "196"

set r_primitives "2"

Also you said in pm, your resolution had changed, so maybe you use the minimizer and it does not work properly, try leave it off or try other minimizer.

Has there been any updates to your pc lately that might cause issues?

Oh and remember to reboot pc when uninstalled/reinstalled :)

If you use cc cleaner, it'd be good to run it after uninstall, as et leaves a folder behind.

• Like 1

wait wait wait before you do things that are not helping or needed what kind of error you get ? can you post that or a screenshot of the error ?
and if there isnt a error try open console and look what it say in it probably there you can see what kind of issue there is

• Like 1

So i've tried to get a screenshot but cant find it back. so I took a picture.

​Also tried to uninstal and run cc cleaner then install and reboot the computer...didnt work...

maybe someone can see the fault in this picture?

2njlfkg.jpg

oke I hope so, for now Im going downstairs to my wife...

had to much computertime for now she says... all thanks for you help and I hope later this night to try something again!

you are all great for putting your time in helpen me!!

post pc specs operating system .  

looks like a graphics issue.

et:legacy shortcut, and set compatability to windows xp service pack 3 mode, and enabled running as administrator

control panel---------- system. will tell u most. - device manger will tell u all.!.

Edited by captnconcrete

only issue i see is gamma and something with video so I suggest this since you also cant get into console

Save your ETkey and cfg In your email so its always accesable Delete the entire ET folder in explorer because I see you have legacy and just sèeing that make my bal.. eeh feet itch :P
Download and install ET here: https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/774-enemy-territory-full-version/

ET on our forum is usually fixed make sure you run the game as administrator copy first your ETkey back but wait with your cfg
first go to the server after the installation see if it is fixed then you can copy your cfg back if needed just to make sure your own cfg doesnt cause the issue

I would do it like this if you have more questions just ask bump the topic or pm me here or on discord what you prefer goodluck and let me know if it worked / helped or when you fixed it in anycase

So you couldn't do a output from your console?

I see you have ET Legacy installed. You need the 2 server masters:

sv_master1 = etmaster.idsoftware.com
sv_master2 = master.etlegacy.com

These 2 command you can do in console. But since you can't handle with it:

Why not try the normal ET from link provided by RendeL?

EDIT

Also, disable your firewall temporally and type this on console: \connect jay3.clan-fa.com:27960

Let's see how it goes.

Edited by zrong
  • Like 1