Finally Back - TulsaGeoff's New Rig

TulsaGeoff

Nice! Asus MB, SSD, DDR4, GTX 1080ti, I7 6-core watercooled(12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz)...850 Watt PS, UPS battery...

I assume You have Gaming Mouse and huge pad...

My Pentium 4 can't use 64 OS, But I7 can.

• Like 1

Nice! Asus MB, SSD, DDR4, GTX 1080ti, I7 6-core watercooled(12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz)...850 Watt PS, UPS battery...

I assume You have Gaming Mouse and huge pad...

My Pentium 4 can't use 64 OS, But I7 can.

:lol:  Ha, my mouse pad is fairly large. I already had a Logitech 502 mouse with Steel Series QcK+ mouse pad which I really like. The only thing I don't have is my monitor so I'll be using my 10 year HannsG old 28" 1080 screen rocking a Windows Vista sticker that somehow still works.

I'm impressed by a P4 still rocking it.

this is the  geoff from bunker?  

good to see u back in real world of gaming.. nice rig there buddy!

Hey man. I played some on their servers and other old 2.60b pubs like Chicken Bucket when not on FA's., I've played this game since like 2004 or so I've played on the majority of public NA servers. I finally had a way to view some old hard drive content and saw lots of old screenshots and ET vids saved. It was nostalgic in a gamer way... Thanks, it turned out exactly like I wanted. I figured I finally had some disposable income so figured might as well go all out this time.

Here's a couple of build pictures. I'm on it right now. Still haven't gamed but find all my old ET profile and key. Even though it was fairly straight forward it took forever to build since it and get it running. Supid things like figuring out the AIO cooler connections. A custom loop would have much better but I didn't want to wait any longer and research and pay for all that stuff in addition. Not to mention the significant increase in cost. This thing is kinda rinky dink but in reality it should work fine...

The NVMe M.2 install was a pain... The first time my computer started it did boot and I went into the bios to check everything, but then upon reboot, nothing. No CMOS resets or anything seemed to clear it. Then figured out I had to hold the CMOS clear and finally got back to square one. Then had to boot in a special mode etc... After that everything installed as expected.

1080TI compared to the old 570GTX :) Its ridiculous how large this card is.

9t0jXj3.jpg

140mm fans as the air intake pushing through the  radiator. I wanted to put this up top as an exhaust but no matter how I configured it, it was going to look like shit with not being able to cut the hoses. Spent a couple hours looking at ways to accomplish this including dremel hack work, but it ended up in front for cosmetic reasons.

pkx3Svw.jpg

Here's a picture after wire management.

jiLS8cJ.jpg

The backside isn't so pretty. =/

viWmlzq.jpg

Side angle with the front plate on.

KDIj6t4.jpg

This light pic doesn't come close to do doing the lights justice. This is with a flash in a well lit room... It's all syncronized to fade through colors and has some other cool effects thanks to ASUS's Aura software. I'll take some picture and or videos later. I really thought it may be kinda fruity in concept but it turned out to be awesome. The RGB ram is beautiful.

3i31lhj.jpg

• Like 4

holy shit, now my gtx 970 and i7-6700k look sad compared to this :P

I hope you intend to play more games than just ET with this lol

• Like 1

Good time to get some new games, there are good deals all over gaming platforms: Ubisoft has "Black Friday" sale going on with additional discount with Uplay points, Steam runs its annual Autumn Sale.

If you had a copy of Crysis (the first one) you could see if your new PC can manage this relic;) (hint Toms Hardware already tested it).

About the rig too, it looks cool, does it run too?;)

I know exactly how little installation jobs could take half a day, my Corsair H100 had 1 screw hole misplaced with my Corsair r500 case, it was about 0,5mm misplacement between 2 holes but took half a day to get it working finally. Not to mention the installation process of the 12cm AIO of the Fury X. Should take 15 min but in reality takes at least 10x more.

Maybe try to take a short movie clip(even with your mobile phone) from the light work of the LEDs, should be easier to capture than with photo camera.

• Like 1

Dat beautiful RGB and Strix. Been watching Linus Tech Tips? ;)

Next step is to ditch the AIO and get an EK waterblock and some hard line, maybe with some pastel or UV fluid.  :P:wub:

Been curious about that Enthoo Pro for awhile, but I wasn't sure about the grill on the front panel. Your picture puts it in a different perspective than the stock images. (I always thought it was convex rather than concave)
Might have to pick one of those up for my next build. Was going to go with Inwin or Lian Li and take the dremel to it for watercooling, but this looks much easier and cheaper.

Very nice rig! Good to have you back as well :D

• Like 1

holy shit, now my gtx 970 and i7-6700k look sad compared to this

I hope you intend to play more games than just ET with this lol

Ha, yours is still a beast. ET had to be the first game since I know the buttons already :lol: .

Good time to get some new games, there are good deals all over gaming platforms: Ubisoft has "Black Friday" sale going on with additional discount with Uplay points, Steam runs its annual Autumn Sale.

If you had a copy of Crysis (the first one) you could see if your new PC can manage this relic;) (hint Toms Hardware already tested it).

About the rig too, it looks cool, does it run too?

I know exactly how little installation jobs could take half a day, my Corsair H100 had 1 screw hole misplaced with my Corsair r500 case, it was about 0,5mm misplacement between 2 holes but took half a day to get it working finally. Not to mention the installation process of the 12cm AIO of the Fury X. Should take 15 min but in reality takes at least 10x more.

Maybe try to take a short movie clip(even with your mobile phone) from the light work of the LEDs, should be easier to capture than with photo camera.

Hmmm. I'll have to look for some (especially the FA hosted games). I had to hop on to some ET for my first en-devour. Had a chance to get owned by raider and all the other people that were good years ago. I have Fortnite downloaded, but Pug G has been keeping my busy.

That's funny about Cysis. I'd like to try that. Pub G seems to be the modern day optimized equivalent.  I'm currently using streamer Shroud's settings which of course are comp based rather than full detail. It runs 130-140 FPS with AA and textures on high and everything else on very low/low. Fedex tried to deliver the new Asus ROG 27" 144/165hz G-sync IPS panel monitor but I missed this watching football... We shall see soon if 1440p flexes it.

I'll try and get a RGB video for you tomorrow homey. I wasn't going to keep flooding my own post unless someone asked.

Welcome back.

Thanks man. Glad to see so many people like yourself still around!

Dat beautiful RGB and Strix. Been watching Linus Tech Tips?

Next step is to ditch the AIO and get an EK waterblock and some hard line, maybe with some pastel or UV fluid. 

Been curious about that Enthoo Pro for awhile, but I wasn't sure about the grill on the front panel. Your picture puts it in a different perspective than the stock images. (I always thought it was convex rather than concave)

Might have to pick one of those up for my next build. Was going to go with Inwin or Lian Li and take the dremel to it for watercooling, but this looks much easier and cheaper.

Very nice rig! Good to have you back as well

I may when the AIO inevitably dies. This thing runs surprising cool through (see pic below). The processor is not delidded and just took a pic of the OC at the voltage and it will run at this temperature. It's running NiceHash at full load. The mining on only running on the 6 physical cores (not the virtual HT threads) and with some room for the GPU to run at full potential so its showing than 50% at pretty much a "full" load. The computer can help for some of itself...

I still cut off some of the removable radiator bracket on the top so that I could run the water lines up through the top rather than across the memory. I only went with the AIO because I didn't want a massive heatsink blocking the ram and everything else. My old PC had a custom loop. I posted a video of it here awhile back. This was before people were hard-lining the lines. ;)  https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/4159-tulsageoffs-newest-build-rebuilt-the-i7-pc/

My previous build that was about 10 years ago was a modified Lian Li case. They are definitely quality. This cheap case was so much easier to work with. Given a has changed in the market.  NZXT or Corsair would have been my next choices. I was about to go with the new NZXT H700i but read the horror stories online about the CAM software with the "smart" functionality. So far, the CAM software works fine for the AIO control without interfering with the ASUS software. The case is definitely cheaper feeling as it does have some plastic unlike a Lian Li, but I really like the case and its not noticeable looking at it. I also thought it was much better looking than what I saw online.

8fe8WXT.jpg

• Like 3

Amazing build!!! Very well put together too. Nice job with the setup, so clean. I'm pretty jealous, that build is just too sick.

I'd love to see what fps you get in all games, and that pubg fps you posted is insane. I only get around 50 fps average in pubg on those settings with this 2012 build, and have been waiting to upgrade for a while now.

I'm building something very similar to this but is gonna take some time to finish it due to waiting for pascal successor (volta/ampere w.e they name it).

I myself just bought the following last night and are being shipped over this week. I didn't see this post until today so I was quite surprised and excited to see such a similar build.

I7 8700k - Overpriced atm @ 414.00 but worth it with other deals. Intel is actually opening up another factory and shipping out product around December 14th so prices may or may not drop, demand is so high who knows. Amazing CPU.

Trident z RGB 3200 c14 - Damn RAM prices are insane but I wanted at least 3200 @ c14. I did get it for 15.00 off though. I missed out on the 90.00 off @ newegg cause that sold out instantly. Trident Z is putting out 4000+ @ c17 in January but those prices are going to be way to high.

Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - 70 bucks off a high end mobo, couldn't pass this up. I think I liked the Asus and MSI ones a little better though. 

Corsair Hydro 115i extreme liquid cooler - I know theres better AIOs out there but I got it for the lowest I've ever seen it and don't think I could get a better AIO for the price. I'm going to have to drill holes at the top of the case to mount this 280mm though. 

Thermo Grizzly Kryonaut 

EVGA 750w G3 power supply - got a steal on this one too, lowest price I had ever seen.

----------------------------------------------------

I plan on getting these to finish the build

Volta/Ampere 80 card - Probably a launch from anywhere of Feb-May I'm hoping. We will find out in January or April at their conferences hopefully, they keep teasing it. I've been tempted to get a 1080ti but I've waited this long lol. 

960 pro m.2 drive - these things are monsters, but I will probably wait because I have a 940 pro ssd atm and after doing some research the M.2s are only going to save me 1-2 seconds on anything I do, even bootups. Now when it comes to file transfers they blow ssds away, but what I got is good enough for now. 

165 hz gsync monitor w/ low ms. I will wait until I get a gfx card, no point in getting one until I have gsync on gfx card anyway. I really like the one you chose though, I may copy you on that :P

I still need to buy a cheap case to have a 2nd pc to put the old parts in once I get a gfx card. I'm using a CM HAF X atm, gonna clean it up again. This case doesn't look as nice as yours but it cools like a beast though (3x 200m fans, 1x 230mm fan, 1x 140mm fan, 1x 120mm fan). Only used a $25.00 heatsink w/ arctic silver 5 on a 3.2ghz 3570k OC'd @ 4.0ghz and never came close to hitting high temps.

Well done on your build though, I hope mine will look as good when it's done. 

• Like 2