• 363 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:Symfony
  • T-M:2-0

Donator

Hello,

Whenever I disconnect from an ET server, or the end of map menu comes up where you can vote, the game crashes. Any ideas why this might happen? There's no console error.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 563 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:Haruhi Suzumiya

Some cvars such as "cg_gun_frame" (or something close to that) can cause it to crash at the end of a game/map switch if set to a certain value.  

DFighter

DFighter

L10: Grand Master

• News Reporter
  • 4,267 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay3
  • T-M:ET: 30-12
    CoD: 0-0
    TF2: 0-0

jay1 ?

Xernicus

Xernicus

Certified Mikutard

• Recruiting Team
  • 3,171 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • EvolveHQ:Xernicus
  • Admin:17
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:=F|A=Xernicus
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:57748879
  • T-M:ET: 7-7

Donator

Contributor

First thing that comes to mind is a corrupted PK3 file.
You might try using our PK3 cleaner if you haven't already. Download link is here.
What this will do is wipe all of your PK3 files (Maps and mods), and force them to redownload fresh copies at the start of every map as required.

I am unsure exactly what you mean by there's no console error... are you referring to a console.log file (generated by /logfile cvar set to 1) or a crash dialog box?

jay1 ?

I don't think so, he refers to a map voting screen. We only do that on SilEnT and some NQ mod servers.

Symfony

Symfony

L3: Novice

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

Some cvars such as "cg_gun_frame" (or something close to that) can cause it to crash at the end of a game/map switch if set to a certain value.  

I'll look through my config for that but this has never happened before.

jay1 ?

Happens on jaymod as well yes.

First thing that comes to mind is a corrupted PK3 file.
You might try using our PK3 cleaner if you haven't already. Download link is here.
What this will do is wipe all of your PK3 files (Maps and mods), and force them to redownload fresh copies at the start of every map as required.

I am unsure exactly what you mean by there's no console error... are you referring to a console.log file (generated by /logfile cvar set to 1) or a crash dialog box?

I don't think so, he refers to a map voting screen. We only do that on SilEnT and some NQ mod servers.

There's no crash dialogue, i.e. the console that the game would show an error in if it couldnt set your resolution from your config or something.

I have also used the pk3 cleaner.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 563 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • Alias:Haruhi Suzumiya

When exactly does it crash and is it at the same time every map? I know you said at the end but do you mean immediately as the map ends and cuts to the scores/voting/etc screen, a second or two later, or right about map change?  

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

When exactly does it crash and is it at the same time every map? I know you said at the end but do you mean immediately as the map ends and cuts to the scores/voting/etc screen, a second or two later, or right about map change?  

Generally it happens whenever I click a button. I.e., when I click a map to vote, or the more button to see awards/kills

captnconcrete

captnconcrete

• Regular User
  • 106 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Jay2
  • Alias:captn*

are u running etlegacy ..

i would try this go to fas etpro  server play till it kicks u go back ask guys what screen said or just maybe etpro  has right settings to  tell u what error is.?

could be pb?

could be bad cfg command line?

could be packet loss? 

https://dev.etlegacy...ds/3/topics/927

o/s?

does it happen on a none fa server?

Edited by captnconcrete, 11 November 2017 - 08:04 AM.

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

are u running etlegacy ..

i would try this go to fas etpro  server play till it kicks u go back ask guys what screen said or just maybe etpro  has right settings to  tell u what error is.?

could be pb?

could be bad cfg command line?

could be packet loss? 

https://dev.etlegacy...ds/3/topics/927

o/s?

does it happen on a none fa server?

I'll try to play with a clean config in a bit and see if that helps, however the issue exists with both Legacy and regular ET.

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

Happens with a clean config as well.

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

Switching video cards in the nvidia control panel seems to have fixed the issue. I'm thinking the driver for my 1050 might be out of date.

Edit: can confirm that this was the issue. 

Edit edit: Just kidding, as soon as the card was reverted to my 1050 instead of my 550 it started happening again

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

Oh nice I got a whole new issue going on now. Here's the console log:

Spoiler

-=HipKat=-

-=HipKat=-

L7: Teacher

• Platinum VIP
  • 1,440 posts
I am just really nice
  • Xbox Live:HipKat2000
  • EvolveHQ:HipKat
  • Admin:7
  • Alias:Saint Anger
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:36669297
  • T-M:1-0

Have you tried uninstalling ET, then going to Regedit and searching wolfenstein and deleting all entries, then the same with punkbuster.

reboot, reinstall ET (The version in the downloads section here is perfect) and starting it from scratch?

I had to do this a few years ago because ET kept crashing for no reason I could find and this fixed it - botched registry entries, I assume

Symfony

Symfony

• Platinum VIP
  • 363 posts
Will become famous

Donator

Have you tried uninstalling ET, then going to Regedit and searching wolfenstein and deleting all entries, then the same with punkbuster.
reboot, reinstall ET (The version in the downloads section here is perfect) and starting it from scratch?

I had to do this a few years ago because ET kept crashing for no reason I could find and this fixed it - botched registry entries, I assume

No but one of the ET instances I was using wasn't even technically 'installed' on this pc, thus i doubt reg issues would be a problem. Even if they were the regular W:ET that's installed is a clean install as of when this problem occurred first

captnconcrete

captnconcrete

• Regular User
  • 106 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Jay2
  • Alias:captn*

have u restored ur pc to earlier time before this problem.

have u went to  a shat server[none fa server} and dled some crap ....

and why didn't it recognize ur etkey?

and why are some of ur most important files non pure? pak1 pak 2 pak0 .. et wont work if these aren't right.

also u have a no server list error?

doesn't look like a clean install but .. is missing half of the stuff?

or is this one of those errors for u where ur pc doesnt know how to read ur  et legacy files.. it does read et-legacy diff then  regular et. weird and i hope we can resolve this ..

u can  install et multiple times on one pc ..  u could try this .. im no pc guru tho..lol  create a folder  et2  and reinstall et on it. if it works right ur et dlls . are corrupt .. 

my self i would go find peyote he is part of the dev team for etlegacy he can help u.. i looked up some those errors in ur perimeter line  and all lead to https://dev.etlegacy...etlegacy/boards

u could try  et2 folder  if u do generate a new key dont use same one k....

Edited by captnconcrete, 12 November 2017 - 08:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users