Member tips and tricks

HSATimmy

Hey everyone

i was thinking of ways we can help each other with this game, there's always room for improvement or a little tip that can help get that achievement that you wanna go for.

basic tips:

DONT FORGET TO LEAN, this thing can help you keep from getting hit in the lower half, which can be a lot more deadly then it seems.

the Alt button is sneak walk (read as: burger king man). This can prevent an enemy from hearing you. As someone that wears 7.1 headphones, this can mean life or death.

Sprinting is great but you shouldn't turn corners before checking either your map (LETTER N....... or tab) to check for friendlies, or peeking around for enemies. Also, reference to the previous point. The sprint and tab combo equal default steam overlay mix-up

Borderless windowed can help transition between desktop and the game easier. Before doing this i found once in a while the game would not bring the visuals back up but the game was running as normal.

To get a good grip on your enemies' tactics and routes, I would recommend playing as every team, at least 5 games. You will get to see your cover from the enemies' eyes and look for spots that are actually awful for providing cover.

Get a german grenade skin mod, this thing makes your life a whole lot easier. It will give a visual colour reference to determine if its a smoke or frag. 

For tracking a flamer, you can get a scorch mod so it gives clear burn tracks. Once in a while you gotta hunt a bear.

Practice mode can help you learn the Leader role pretty well. Helps the transition

Achievements:

If you are going for Headshot achievements, i would recommend using a sniper role when available. Even if you don't use a scope, the role gives you the advantage of holding your breath longer.

For the Bayonet or Melee achievements i would suggest Dunkirk for Allies or Breville as Germans and to try a heavy kit with smoke grenades. You can make a smoke room and move around relatively freely. The assault role gives you faster movement as their upgrade, so this can help you either run to or away from a combat situation. The rifleman class gives you more stamina, so this can also be a good option.

• Like 7

Great tips Timmy! Still not leaning though ;)
I found Sicily also a good map for stabbing people with a bayonet (as commonwealth/USA)
Also learned that officer is best practiced in offline mode, it's hard oO
PS: Don't take my sniper  :spank

• Like 3

Oh and as always, Radios cap faster. Assault and Rifleman can both wear them

If you are looking for a couple enemies that went stealth ninja to finish a round, fire into the air with your pistol or something to draw them out. Obviously be conscious of ammo for kill punch

Ps: dont be selfish... :crazy

Edited by HSATimmy
  • Like 3

• Platinum VIP

Hey everyone

i was thinking of ways we can help each other with this game, there's always room for improvement or a little tip that can help get that achievement that you wanna go for.

basic tips:

DONT FORGET TO LEAN, this thing can help you keep from getting hit in the lower half, which can be a lot more deadly then it seems.

the Alt button is sneak walk (read as: burger king man). This can prevent an enemy from hearing you. As someone that wears 7.1 headphones, this can mean life or death.

Sprinting is great but you shouldn't turn corners before checking either your map (LETTER N....... or tab) to check for friendlies, or peeking around for enemies. Also, reference to the previous point. The sprint and tab combo equal default steam overlay mix-up

Borderless windowed can help transition between desktop and the game easier. Before doing this i found once in a while the game would not bring the visuals back up but the game was running as normal.

To get a good grip on your enemies' tactics and routes, I would recommend playing as every team, at least 5 games. You will get to see your cover from the enemies' eyes and look for spots that are actually awful for providing cover.

Get a german grenade skin mod, this thing makes your life a whole lot easier. It will give a visual colour reference to determine if its a smoke or frag. 

For tracking a flamer, you can get a scorch mod so it gives clear burn tracks. Once in a while you gotta hunt a bear.

Practice mode can help you learn the Leader role pretty well. Helps the transition

Achievements:

If you are going for Headshot achievements, i would recommend using a sniper role when available. Even if you don't use a scope, the role gives you the advantage of holding your breath longer.

For the Bayonet or Melee achievements i would suggest Dunkirk for Allies or Breville as Germans and to try a heavy kit with smoke grenades. You can make a smoke room and move around relatively freely. The assault role gives you faster movement as their upgrade, so this can help you either run to or away from a combat situation. The rifleman class gives you more stamina, so this can also be a good option.

Dude, awesome. I'm still to new to know any of this stuff

• Like 1

An don't forget to use that mini map, you can see enemy's coming towards u, also for Mortaring ....press G or L , you will like on the mini map see the enemy for a short period of time,(this may make u laugh) when u turn a corner after an enemy is chasing u do the top gun move, jump up and press back to let them run under u for u to take them out :P , and above all...Listen for them comming at u, if the sound of footsteps is coming towards u and they are not showing on your mini map u know its and enemy.

• Like 2

for the BOXED achievement, i was able to achieve it as a German on Breville. The commonwealth funneled through the wall on the right while i was officer in top floor of A building. i called it on the hole twice. the first made a smaller pathway. thanks RED for helping me as radioman. great assist

The mills grenade is pretty sweet for Fragmentation. The way i find it is best used is to cook it for 3 seconds to let it blow in the air above the target's head. Be as safe as possible, obviously if anything goes wrong you have no time to fix the situation.

as MG or Flamer it can be beneficial to pre-fire around corners etc. that way as long as there's no friendlies you will get anything around the corner.

for flame war achievement, i would recommend vs with some friends. the AI's aimbot is too good to get this 99% of the time. From what i can tell, the enemy has to be shooting you, and not let go of the trigger until they die. They dont have to keep aiming at you, they just cant let go of the trigger.

1. Never ever use flame on a wall. Like even when u are using flamethrower on enemy and wants to go cover, just let go of trigger cause it will just burn u up, if u shoot the wall and your gas tank will blow.

• Like 1

Alot of player's complain when i use mortar and want to know how the hell do i aim so good, there's no secret at all to it , after u shoot mortar use G or L to see where it lands, use your map/mini map or in my case L to see the enemy player's on the map for a brief moment of time and above all when u choose a certain area to sit i.e market stall on Goldrush, use those windows infront of you as a guide to help u remember the range and familiar spots i.e 1st exit/2nd exit/front of bank/MG nest and that truck, once u remember the range and places u use for mortar the easier it will become for people to start to swear at you through the whole map :lol: , if you have mortar on any specific map and you need help just ask :) .

• Like 1

lol great one.

I would recommend getting workshop skin mods for explosives and anything else you can think of. the TNT specifically has been updated with bright models for the germans, it makes me able to find them so much more. I had no idea how hard they were to see until i got this

Alot of player's complain when i use mortar and want to know how the hell do i aim so good, there's no secret at all to it , after u shoot mortar use G or L to see where it lands, use your map/mini map or in my case L to see the enemy player's on the map for a brief moment of time and above all when u choose a certain area to sit i.e market stall on Goldrush, use those windows infront of you as a guide to help u remember the range and familiar spots i.e 1st exit/2nd exit/front of bank/MG nest and that truck, once u remember the range and places u use for mortar the easier it will become for people to start to swear at you through the whole map :lol: , if you have mortar on any specific map and you need help just ask :) .

I like a dumbass i am, forgot to mention somthing when u use mortar, Press L ...you will see Icons on the left, the - and + will either minimise or maximise the size of the flags for mines etc making it more clearer for u, u can also turn off flags for either team to help, somtimes ill choose to turn both team flags off to get a better picture of the map to help with aim, thats the reason i use L in game and not G lol.

• 1 month later...