ET Server Suggestion more object based teamplay

r3wind3r

• Platinum VIP

Public servers should just be for fragging, i don't even agree with OBJ being done on them should just be everyone going for the best stats, object is there just as an added extra in my eyes for those who enjoy it. 

But yeah come join in on the ETPro fun match, these are completely objective based and you'll see some maps getting done in the first 4 minutes, if im on the team  :P

• Platinum VIP

Maybe make Jay 2 an objective server. Might spark more life into it

I think with an objective server you'd need to have smaller teams, anything over 8 a side is just havoc, also adding panzer and Fops restrictions, so only two fops per 10 players, only panzer after 6 people on each team etc

• Platinum VIP

You are putting words in my mouth my friend. I only described what I was talking about as 'lame', I didnt say I meant people not playing objective.

If you are interested, with playing 'lame' I meant camping, 1man suicide panzer, stacking axis, saving sprint, kd whoring, knifing on silentmod, throwing knifing on jaymod, perhaps adren+fg on jaymod etc

Yes on smaller teams there is more chance to get a balanced object based gameplay. That's why i personally prefer our other servers like Jay2, Beg1, Noq1, HC, instead of jay1 when that is too crowded (and that's why i had the idea of another Hardcore server where object is even mandatory. You can vote for it here: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90306-which-mod-youd-like-most-to-be-added-on-another-server/?do=findComment&comment=784798. though im not the one who can make this happen^^)

On the "small servers" it's totally possible to combine fragging and objective. I don't mean everybody should be engineer ofc. I love sniping for example, but i move when it's time to move. And ofc there will always be some newbies, egoists and lamers but I want to encourage you guys to keep an eye on teamplay and objective also. The more people support this idea the more decent matches we will have and everybody will be satisfied. :cheers

• Like 2

Yes on smaller teams there is more chance to get a balanced object based gameplay. That's why i personally prefer our other servers like Jay2, Beg1, Noq1, HC, instead of jay1 when that is too crowded (and that's why i had the idea of another Hardcore server where object is even mandatory. You can vote for it here: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90306-which-mod-youd-like-most-to-be-added-on-another-server/?do=findComment&comment=784798. though im not the one who can make this happen^^)

On the "small servers" it's totally possible to combine fragging and objective. I don't mean everybody should be engineer ofc. I love sniping for example, but i move when it's time to move. And ofc there will always be some newbies, egoists and lamers but I want to encourage you guys to keep an eye on teamplay and objective also. The more people support this idea the more decent matches we will have and everybody will be satisfied. :cheers

Don't get me wrong, but are u perhaps rookie in ET or in other words, for how long are u already playing it? Every guy whos been around this game for couple of years is well aware of the public gaming and competitive (objective based) games. We all started with the public games at very beginning of our path with ET, learned the basics, the maps, the gameplay and started to gather up experience about this game. When we felt the same as u are feeling now, that the publics were boring and chaotics, without giving u that excitement in the thrill winning fights, we moved along onto ETpro and started with the ETpro pubs at beginning, to get used to hitboxes, gameplay as it was already different there. It wasn't as chaotic as it was on jaymod, had more teamplay involved, better fraggers, better gamesense from players and u could instantly see a diffrence between etpro public server and a jaymod public server, but it still wasn't that pure objective based game u keep talking about in this topic.

For that we had to form a team, or search for new folks who were willing to play in either 3on3, 5on5 or 6on6, using importantly voice programs, as without that, u cant really have a proper teamplay and any communications between team members, since u don't know whats happening on other parts of map. Once we got used into that, we could finally see the real deal that ET as a competitive side had to offer, a thrilling game, where both axis and allies were 100% focused on teamplaying and preventing opponents winning the maps. At that point u could see what a real teamplay it, along with comms from voice programs, u had a completely different new experience than u had before from playing public servers. The games were ofcourse set in private password protected servers, so u played only 3on3, without anyone joining in and being able to focus purely on game with no other interactions.

Making any public server being more teamplay based as they are on regular basis is simply never gonna work, ever. It's been in DNA of EVERY player thats around for a while, that public servers are to fool around, do casual objectives if they bother, but mainly to frag and try to enjoy the game without any pressure of reviving a teammate, giving out comms or caring for objective. Everyone who had desire to play more competitive objective based game moved to etpro and started playing wars, which is where the real teamplay happens.

As others suggested, feel free to stop by FA etpro server when its crowded to get the taste of what a close look of teamplay gaming looks like and get just a bits of what actual wars are all about.

Barking up and down talking for teamplaying and encouraging players doing it, wont really change anything, 30% of players don't even know what objective is on most maps, nor do they have any gamesense or clue on how to play properly this game when it comes to teamplaying and objective based game. Even the players who are decent or very good on publics when it comes to teamplay, gets completely lost in ETPro wars, because they lack experience in terms of enemy spawns, enemy camps, enemy positioning and so on, can be seen each time on FA ETpro server the lack of ETpro experience from majority of players who play there, since mostly they only play on HC/Silent or jaymod server, which is only about 20% of teamplay that actual wars require from you to have it.

By all the means, talk to players and ask them if they want to do more objective,but don't be surprised if it won't have any effect on the game or others changing their play style, as i said, changing something that is same over a decage of years is unlikely to happen.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

i find if u get 3 or 4 guys to play team objectively .. they  get split up .. cuz other team leaves if they lose. an on jay2 most maps nothing happens till the last 5 mins cuz every dam map rush protected kinda makes it a what ever side  has objective win every dam time ..no one wants to defend and if u defend properly other team leaves .

i agree  with the etpro.. if u want to play  et the  right way u play etpro. on a locked server with real players . on most maps just kill the engineer all u gotta do keep him re spawning .. u win. medics dont heal to busy healing them selves.

rewinder if ur ever on an i am i play  as teamate just stick by me ill try stick by u me and kel when we play together we do this and woop some pub ass.lol

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1