ET Server Suggestion more object based teamplay

r3wind3r

I wish we could improve object based gameplay on all servers. I know, old topic and many don't care or think it can't be changed but others do and it's still part of the game. -> Repair/Disable vehicle, Construct/Destruct command post and barriers, steal and defend objects, cover your team and stuff

Often there is a lack of strategic teamplay cause people don't look what the rest of their team is doing.

I'd appreciate if you think about teamplay and encourage others to do the same and support the game objective.

If players are running around a map clueless or camping at the same spot all map, friendly tell 'em what to do does help sometimes. Some might not know they can press L to read the mission objectives or don't understand it. I experienced binds like "follow me" or "we need an engineer" can be really helpful to show people what to do. It also helped me when i started playing the game.

If you don't know what to do: Don't hesitate to ask people. It's not a shame.

It often happens that there is no engineer in a team. But it's impossible to win most maps without engineering. (Imo we could limit the possible amount of field ops and force engineer class selection.)

I think next to the importance of keeping the teams balanced even if you'd prefer playing in the other team, it's also important to look which class your team needs.

If the team has 2 Field Ops it really does't need anymore. When a team is full of medics i wonder if it's a hospital simulation  :spank

And when it comes to goldrush or teuthonia, remember: there are never enough engineers ;)

It's not mandatory to play for objective but since it's a teamgame vs humans and not just bots it's very welcome and TEAMPLAY IS FUN! :cheers

Thanks for your support and feel free to share any more ideas. Cheers :drunk

• Like 1

stop trying to make obj play happpen on a pubmod. its not going to happen. ever.

it does happen actually but it needs attention to happen more often. Many players do care and help their team being an engineer when needed for example. and helping newbies is never wrong imo

• Like 1

I'm afraid Destiny is right. Too many people care too much about fragging/rating/vsay spamming than the objective. I like to play for the objective, too, but I also like to enjoy the full map time. I'd rather play 30 mins of Gold Rush/Teuthonia without achieving the objective than to have the map done in 6 minutes when everyone works together. So a little less fragging, and a bit more teamplay would be nice.

But don't get me started on the 'we need an engineer' vsay. It's mostly used by people who want to achieve the objective but let other people do the work for them. Just look: it's never an engineer that says 'we need an engineer'. Oftentimes, it's the rambo medic that uses it.

map done in 6 minutes when everyone works together.

this shouldnt happen on even teams

So a little less fragging, and a bit more teamplay would be nice.

yes! :agree

'we need an engineer' vsay. It's mostly used by people who want to achieve the objective but let other people do the work for them

experienced the same  :wacko:  encourage them to be engineers themselves :sspam  but i call for engineers also when i'm engineer myself. just when there are more engineers needed. and sometimes it's good to get reminded. maybe i should rename to r3m!nd3r :crazy

• Like 1

It's public server for a reason, 70% of players gives a jack shit about teamplaying or objective as its public after all, they came to frag and fool around without having any pressure on the teamplay side. I barely ever give a damn about the objective in pubs, since i go there for myself and not for others, apparently some admins are still not aware of the fact that if u are fops, u don't need to toss out ammo just because they need it, same goes with medics, if u want fop or medic, press limbo, select the class and voila, u have whatever you want to have, if u are playing soilder, deal with the fact u don't have medics or ammo, simple as it is. If u want to play objective based game and teamplay all along, u are sadly in the wrong mod and server, as for that u need to go onto the etpro and competitive play, where everything is set for teamplaying and objective based game, public was and always will be public, headless chickens running around with guys shooting them, two guys doing objective and rest fooling around, simple as.

• Like 3

I can totaly here you on this r3wind3r, but also find other ppl thoughts valid too. 

Very hard to have objective based teamplay on pubmod - it too much depends of amount of players and WHO is on server atm.

But yeah, would be a beauty to practice real teamplay more often, and rare it is possible to comunicate that with rest of the team.

But in most cases ppl. just look at them selfs and that got nothing to do with temaplay.

Small teams do the job in most cases and we have real teamply then, but with bunch of folks on pub at the same time we always have a crazy mix of skills and ideas how and why to play on certain way.

So marriage between pub and obj. teamply is rare and hard, though it can happen but don't last for too long imo.   :cry

• Like 1

if everybody thinks there is no point in teamplay on a pub it's no suprise it is as it is. heard this so often "public server" and stuff but actually a lot of teamplay is happening from time to time. It just depends on which players you watch. If i see there is no teamplay at all for over 2 maps and i cant motivate people to help their team trying to win a match and no shuffle happens i leave the server. Which means if you see me on the server for more than 2 maps it's at least me and some others trying to win the game.

If half the amount of players on each team is doing object it can become a thrilling match already.

I see some people really want to do the objective, create fireteams, walk in pairs, one engineering one covering, one attacks one medic, cov op opening locked doors and more. That's when playing the game is most fun imo since i notice a difference to playing with bots then. If nobody would care about object, axis would win every map but they don't.

So a bit more ambition please :P  playing that game on a pub is not that bad. think positive.  the idiots will leave when there is too much love around ;):kis::drama 

if everybody thinks there is no point in teamplay on a pub it's no suprise it is as it is. heard this so often "public server" and stuff but actually a lot of teamplay is happening from time to time. It just depends on which players you watch. If i see there is no teamplay at all for over 2 maps and i cant motivate people to help their team trying to win a match and no shuffle happens i leave the server. Which means if you see me on the server for more than 2 maps it's at least me and some others trying to win the game.

If half the amount of players on each team is doing object it can become a thrilling match already.

I see some people really want to do the objective, create fireteams, walk in pairs, one engineering one covering, one attacks one medic, cov op opening locked doors and more. That's when playing the game is most fun imo since i notice a difference to playing with bots then. If nobody would care about object, axis would win every map but they don't.

So a bit more ambition please :P  playing that game on a pub is not that bad. think positive.  the idiots will leave when there is too much love around 

Every word is in place  :wub:

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

If everybody would care about obj allies wouldnt win a map. The only reason why allies can win is because enough axis dont care. You think you can win a 15v15 map if axis cared? No, you cant. You think that on teuthonia you can even get the tank if axis were acrually trying to win? No, you cant

• Like 2

Dest!Ny at https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90306-which-mod-youd-like-most-to-be-added-on-another-server/?do=findComment&comment=784798

all I want in life is a server on any mod where people dont play so damn lame all the time, in every aspect of the word

this sounds more like you wanted some object action :hmm