ET Server Suggestion Reset players stats K/D every 1st of each month

daredevil

Vote for the new change  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Reset players stats K/D every 1st of each month

• Yes - I would love that - It would give me challenge to work on K/D each month.
    • No - WTF you smoking DD
    • I could care less about K/D

I personally think the only thing this will do is make stat whores monthly rather than once at the beginning upon joining the server. If someone gets their KD nice and high and it stays there after an amount of time playing, they will be more likely to go back to playing normally now that they don't have to worry about their KD as much. If you reset it every month, you will have nothing but defensive players trying to shoot each other across the map for the first week every single month because no one wants to die until their stats are where they want them. Being the crappy aggressive player I am, I wouldn't be too fond of this outcome. 

I personally think the change will make the game play even worse, but who knows. I am newer so I might be talking out of my ass, so it might be worth a try. I think it'd be better getting rid of the stat on the scoreboard all together if possible, that way people can actually play the game without worrying about how their stats look. I can imagine that alone could increase teamplay. They can focus on their team rather than their ratio.

Especially considering hardcore is so similar to etpro, why not just have XP? The current KD ratio is not accurate whatsoever. For example, I have a 3KD on HC right now where it should be like 1.5KD. Just because I played the first handful of games where half the team were bots during overnight hours, I suddenly have a KD twice my real value. If we keep it, there needs to be adjustments made so that the KD ratio actually means your KD ratio. I know the answer to this is that we can't get rid of it because we won't be able to even teams based on KD, but what good does that do us usually? I think it's more of a people problem than anything else if no one is using /scores to balance teams. Get rid of the alternatives, and they wont have a choice other than to use /scores.

Despite what i've said, we might as well try it just to see. That way we can rule it out as a potential solution at the end of the day.

All in all though it doesn't matter. Regardless i'll still keep playing :D No matter what i'll go with what you guys decide.

EDIT: As a side note, at the R*X server they had it set up so that KD and PRW wouldn't count when bots were in game. The values were only effected when a certain amount of players were in-game. As previously suggested, perhaps we can get that implemented?

Edited by BSM
  • Like 3

3 pages of comments: this game is so ALIVE <3

i agree with some on this topic:

remove the stats or adjust the counting as BSM said (no counting when bots on) - for example some go covert and knife the bots out of spawn. kill per knife counts a lot afaik.

not sure if they gonna fight the first week to keep their KR high again, maybe they do it first month, but i guess some stop caring about it.

i know who is good on server and don't need the stats plus some with KR <3 are defn not good ;)

related to the !howfair thing, how many do it and axis maybe have advantage but defending their own spawn. i can see that CLEARY with my EYES open.

add /scores as command remove howfair could prolly also help to reduce unfair teams. 

• Like 3

Which is why most of the time we need to rely on common sense. Shuffle is never going to be perfect but it's honestly better than nothing. Whenever I've shuffled, 90% of the time it makes decent teams. It's not going to be perfect but it's good enough. Resetting KR will bring about other issues, perhaps some we havent even thought of, but atm it is manageable.

Two ways I look at it.

1. If you reset it, the dudes that want to keep their stats aren't going to be happy. The dudes that want to see some change are going to think " cool this going to be fun" and the ones that don't care...don't care.

2. If you don't reset, nobody loses out, just perhaps a little disappointment from those wanting change, but theyll just go back to normal without a fuss. What I'm worried about is that it's going to do more bad than good and with HC already getting some questionable activity. I'd prefer not to change something like this for the time being.

What would be the motivation behind resetting anyway. To make it easier to even teams? Don't think itd make it that much easier. To provide more of a challenge? Well uhhh nothings going to change coz most focus on killing anyway. Only difference is, is that people that like their stats will get upset.

Any other reasons?

There were plenty of cases when shuffled messed up teams even greatly, while most of the times they were evened out. One of the problems is also auto shuffle, which sometimes divides perfectly even teams into a one sided spawn camping since as i said, KDR means pretty much nothing at HC and some decent players with lower KDR gets stacked in same team as couple of high, resulting in one team game rape.

1. High KDR is divided into two groups:

- Fake KDR, which consists of camping players, knife players and the ones who are boosting ther KDR on bots, in reality they are not close to their actual high KDR, but mostly to the reality of divided by two. It was really often seen whenever i was present that the players who had KDR above 3.5 ended up with barely positive stats.

- High KDR players who are mostly fragging on server and have some basic knowledge and gamesense to get the great KDR each map they play, resulting eventually to high KDR. They normally don't care against who they play since at least some of those seek challenge against other decent players. I obviously can't speak for all, but those who are decently skilled won't really care about their KDR being reset since they can boost it up each month and most of them only care about getting fragger each map, along with HS and accuracy.

2. I can't disagree upon the fact that it wont cause too big of dissapointement if it's not reset, then again, u could of set it over longer periods of time, it's not really needed each month, u can do it each third month and let the players have it for a little longer. The activity u can't really blame it on that, considering in what shape ET is and that it's long past being anywhere near activity it used to be. Most of the folks that are still around, are playing because of their friends of unique ability of the game and i don't think a simple KDR reset would keep them from playing, considering the game stays entirely the same, just gives them new challenge along the way to spicy it up a bit.

The reason is mostly just to freshen up some stats that were building since a while and actually make a reset to start from 0. It's same with League of legends. Why do u think the rank resets each year? To give players challenge again, to gain the higher rankings and motivate themselves again and look hows that working out. At this moment, it's the most popular and played online game by mile and it doesn't seem its gonna decrease anytime soon, so resetting something that has even bigger impact on game obviously isnt the reason behind players quitting or decreasing activity in the particular game. It would give every player on this particular case if done on HC, a fresh start into the KDR statistics and actually seeing who is CURRENTLY decent, not stacked KDR since ages ago, giving other fraggers more clear picture whos good to play against and whos in general decent.

On the other side it will give admins better present picture of skills from particular player, since it wont be as mentioned before stacked since past, but actual present statistics, giving them exact informations who they could ask in terms of evening teams.

Resetting KDR was never to get the shuffle better out, since doing  shuffle per KDR is never gonna work anyway, beacuse there are so many different playstyles of each invidiual and u can see the amount of inaccurate KDR of certain players when u match them with skills. Shuffle should be based as mentioned before with winrate of maps per player, would give it much clear picture since win percentage guarantees u at least in terms of objective based look even teams. Making shuffle is never going to bring out even teams, regardless if u do it via KDR, win ratio of maps or XP, there will always be some differences between skills in both teams and its additionally up to individual or admin to change and fix the teams if needed.

Biggest problems in the evening teams is command !howfair and how deciving it is, sadly so many admins keep using it on regular basis even tho it was pointed out at least 100 times that its not the exact picture of skills per teams, and /scores is far more relayable informations when u want to even teams out. Another solution into the howfair command would probably need some reworking on this command, but u could base it off /scores, implement percentage difference from both teams kills and then set it up in certain groups as "even, uneven" and so on, could probably explain more onto this, but in other topics so we wont mix everything up.

• Like 1

I think we have asked time and time again. Why can't shuffle be based on PRW. That would be more accurate. Real high KDRs will have reasonably high PRWs. At least the majority does. So personally I think we should try that first.

To be realistic, there's too many saying no. So I doubt the reset would be implemented but I think we should get something out of this discussion.

1. Shuffle based on PRW

2. Disabling KR when a certain number of bots are present.

• Like 4

1. Shuffle based on PRW

2. Disabling KR when a certain number of bots are present.

Agree.

add /scores as command remove howfair could prolly also help to reduce unfair teams. 

I suggest to !howfair to add information on the number of killed by both teams (/scores)

I use this command: 

bind BACKSPACE "scores; say !howfair"

Everyones seen !howfair but only me see /scores

Edited by ed_
  • Like 1

That would be awesome if there was a way to make it for everybody to see total kills and deaths of each team everytime you do !scores or something else.

It would show the state of the game immediately.

Is this possible?

On a side note Dare, is there any fix for disguised covies on silent mod, basically, they take double the damage of normal HP ratio when they dont wear a suit, its just ridiciolus when u spend entire clip on a covie and still not end up killing it, purely becase its wearing enemy suit.

They got an extra layer of clothes, greater bullet resistance. game mechanics

• 2 weeks later...

I think the votes are too even to implement these changes but like i mentioned earlier. We should get something out of this....

1. removing KR changes when too many bots are present.

2. !shuffle based on PRW.

I'd expect to wait a few months for any of this though because people that can implement these changes seem to be too busy with RL. lol.

• Like 1