ET Server Suggestion Reset players stats K/D every 1st of each month

daredevil

Vote for the new change  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Reset players stats K/D every 1st of each month

• Yes - I would love that - It would give me challenge to work on K/D each month.
    • No - WTF you smoking DD
    • I could care less about K/D

What's your suggestion? Why not monthly?

What are we trying to achieve here? Have i missed something,the original post doesnt give any information as to why would this become a thing.

As to why not monthly my answer is that in 8 years this community has been running such a thing has never happened (i assume) and we are the most successful community in the whole game. aka dont fix something thats not broken.

Also i see it says "player stats" in the tittle,i hope that doesnt mean that the total kills/deaths will be wiped (!stats). We are talking about thousands kills and deaths per player,its fun to check around this piece of information.

• Like 1

On the one hand it's a good suggestion but on the other may be a mess too especially with the !howfair ... People too often ask to use this command ....

Only to know to which team they should join...

Edited by My Ass

On the one hand it's a good suggestion but on the other may be a mess too especially with the !howfair ... People too often ask to use this command ....

Only to know to which team they should join...

/scores > !howfair

• Like 4

Yeah i know but try tell this to some ppl :P

More like try telling that to 80% of admin crew... regardless of how many tutorials there are, some ppl will never get it that howfair is as useless as 90% of 3-5KDR players being rubbish in terms of skills.

• Like 2

It's a two sided edge honestly, some ppl play for it, to see how well can they climb up by KDR, that is if they re purely playing fragging only and not some silly knifing and all that bollocks im seeing often with high KDR players around who end up giving less challenge than a bot would do. It would freshen up some stats from ages of gathering, then it's hard to know how players will react to it, those who worked for it and have it high, probably wont be too satisfied, but then again, it gives them fresh start getting it back again and conisdering if they re good, they wont have a long time before they reach it back.

On the other side, u could work on some system or preventation of KDR whoring on the various of ways players are doing it, specially via bots, might as well do it that the KDR would disable where player presents on server is lower than 50%, meaning it wouldn't notice KDR stats until there are more real players if thats possible.

I wouldn't mind seeing it give it a go on a HC for starters, would actually make it a lot better in terms of seeing who's good and wipe out all of the high fake KDR players who are really more like 1-2KDR in reality, making the evening teams out even more efficient.

On a side note Dare, is there any fix for disguised covies on silent mod, basically, they take double the damage of normal HP ratio when they dont wear a suit, its just ridiciolus when u spend entire clip on a covie and still not end up killing it, purely becase its wearing enemy suit.

• Like 3

HC is a typical frag server. If KR is to disappear every month, it will probably discourage many to play regularly. Why try, as statistics will disappear.

Silent1 too. As statistics cease to be valid, you can enter more team play ...

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90487-more-object-based-teamplay/

• Platinum VIP

HC is a typical frag server. If KR is to disappear every month, it will probably discourage many to play regularly. Why try, as statistics will disappear.

Silent1 too. As statistics cease to be valid, you can enter more team play ...

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90487-more-object-based-teamplay/

Well, k/d is meant as a measure to help with creating even teams, if you need to 'try' to get a certain k/d then you arent on the correct k/d anyways, as it would take no effort to get the k/d you are supposed to get. You also point out HC is a fragserver, but seeing as people who play for k/d are typically identified as not having many kills because they try their hardest not to die, so Im not sure how that would defend your statement

it will be also nice in jay1 i think because then people have again something to play for but I guess some wont be happy losing there xp
I was also thinking for awards who gains most xp nr  1 2 and 3 gold silver and bronse prize for example 
and is it maybe possible to get 2 xp statistics ?
1 xp resetting each month and a option or new feature  if possible to see someone's total xp too so you get 2 xp statistics 1 total 1 monthly 
so then people still have all there xp if possible with / by perhaps a command  or /showxp or  /xplist whatever
and a xp counter you get a reset so people will maybe play a lot more to get the nr 1 2 3 award 

Don't know if its possible this way but it looks nice in my view and you can get awards for getting most xp in a month and a option people still can see other people there total xp

I wouldn't get rid of the XP DF. People have millions on jay1 and it'd definitely stir up a fuss if you reset it. Also on silent you have !resetmyxp command so if they wanted to reset XP, they can do.

Also concerning fair teams. It's good enough as it is. We recognise the players anyway. Regardless of kr and it's generally okay when shuffled. If we reset KR, the first week of a month is going to be a nuisance anyway because the KR won't match the skill set of the player until more kills/deaths are recorded. So !shuffle wouldn't be so accurate anyway for a while.

• Like 2

Changing KR won't help the situation and !shuffle seems to do worse most of the time I think admins moving players is the most accurate based on /scores... Just my opinion 

• Like 3

I wouldn't get rid of the XP DF. People have millions on jay1 and it'd definitely stir up a fuss if you reset it. Also on silent you have !resetmyxp command so if they wanted to reset XP, they can do.

Also concerning fair teams. It's good enough as it is. We recognise the players anyway. Regardless of kr and it's generally okay when shuffled. If we reset KR, the first week of a month is going to be a nuisance anyway because the KR won't match the skill set of the player until more kills/deaths are recorded. So !shuffle wouldn't be so accurate anyway for a while.

Shuffle based on KDR now is pretty much as shit as it would be later on in the game if KDR had reset, since there are so many bad players with high KDR, that its really pointless even doing !howfair or relaying on shuffle to make even teams.

Shuffle based on KDR now is pretty much as shit as it would be later on in the game if KDR had reset, since there are so many bad players with high KDR, that its really pointless even doing !howfair or relaying on shuffle to make even teams.

Which is why most of the time we need to rely on common sense. Shuffle is never going to be perfect but it's honestly better than nothing. Whenever I've shuffled, 90% of the time it makes decent teams. It's not going to be perfect but it's good enough. Resetting KR will bring about other issues, perhaps some we havent even thought of, but atm it is manageable.

Two ways I look at it.

1. If you reset it, the dudes that want to keep their stats aren't going to be happy. The dudes that want to see some change are going to think " cool this going to be fun" and the ones that don't care...don't care.

2. If you don't reset, nobody loses out, just perhaps a little disappointment from those wanting change, but theyll just go back to normal without a fuss. What I'm worried about is that it's going to do more bad than good and with HC already getting some questionable activity. I'd prefer not to change something like this for the time being.

What would be the motivation behind resetting anyway. To make it easier to even teams? Don't think itd make it that much easier. To provide more of a challenge? Well uhhh nothings going to change coz most focus on killing anyway. Only difference is, is that people that like their stats will get upset.

Any other reasons?

• Like 3