Insurgency-Server-3 =F|A= #3 PvP COMBAT suggestions(outdated)

Unknown

Yesterday the server crashed (19 december 2017) at 4pm (-5 GMT) when the map changed from Revolt to Station. Anyways, the map was set as Ministry Firefight for lower player volume, but once the map ended, it changed to something else and I couldn't vote to change it back to Ministry Firefight (there was only me on the server). Can we make it so the same gamemode or map plays until the server reaches maybe 4 people? and once it goes lower, the next map is always set to Ministry Firefight?

Ministry firefight comes after the server restart only. After this map server loads full data like maps and stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After speaking with an admin, I was told that a ranking system was never implemented as it was always weird. I've played on other servers that have it and it seems to work fine other than it just not displaying occasionally. I feel that for the players who do check rank, it provides a good goal to work towards while also playing. (ie "I want to get to rank 50 by the end of tonight). Would this be something you guys would be interested in?

• Like 1

After speaking with an admin, I was told that a ranking system was never implemented as it was always weird. I've played on other servers that have it and it seems to work fine other than it just not displaying occasionally. I feel that for the players who do check rank, it provides a good goal to work towards while also playing. (ie "I want to get to rank 50 by the end of tonight). Would this be something you guys would be interested in?

How does it work ??

• 2 weeks later...

How does it work ??

I don't know the technical side, but if you capture a point, you get points. If you kill someone, you get points and so on. But say you have 3,000 points and the person you kill has 1,000, you probably would get 2 points for it but if they killed you, they'd get the maximum 25 points. It has to do with the ratios of points.

• 1 month later...

i agree implementing a ranking system could bring new players to the server while not everyone might care some people do and they might look to go to a different server that offers such a system just my opinion

• Like 2

RaV137 encouraged me to drop a few words in this thread yesterday and I decided to give it a go :)

General feedback on previous posts:

1. Killfeed is great, it's one of the reasons to play on non-NWI servers, as they don't have it.
    If one would want more realism, there are official servers out there.
  2. Autokicking players with VAC bans on record is not a good idea.
    For instance, Valve accidentally banned 12,000 CoD: MW2 players in 2010.
    VAC bans also don't indicate cheaters. It could mean that people had mods or some custom servers that modified game files and caused the ban.
    This has happened with GTA V players recently.
  3. The ranking system could be good but it depends on implementation. If it spams the chat then it's awful. Can't see what people are typing.
    Somewhat good implementations are on FPS gaming server and some Turkish server, where you just type "rank" and it shows it. No spam in chat.

New feedback:

1. Default maps (major pain right now).
    I've noticed that a lot of maps have disappeared from the rotation. There are no night maps, there are no Dry Canal, Kandagal, and Panj.
    Basically, there are very few maps available at the moment. This results in us playing the same maps over and over again. 
    Recently it looks like a Sinjar simulator. All we do is play Sinjar, which becomes annoying really fast.
    I am the second player by time played on the server and I start noticing that other servers are more appealing to me, as they have more maps.
  2. New maps.
    Insurgency has been out for a while now and we know that developers won't release new content, as all efforts are directed at the new title.
    Default maps are becoming repetitive and the game gets boring. Maybe we could add some custom maps?
    RU Whiskey Strike server rotates some custom maps, including de_dust2 and some proper maps, which adds more fun to the game.
    The servers are also properly displayed in the native menu and they get full, so there is no trouble finding them.
    However, new maps need to be selected carefully. Some of the maps are just too big/small or lacking quality.
  3. Game modes.
    Personally, not a huge fan of skirmish. I can tolerate Ministry sometimes but other than that, I always disconnect and many others do so as well.
    Push seems the most interesting game mode so far (for me).
  4. Flash throwers.
    Would be nice when one of the teammates is throwing a flash, it would display a name of the thrower in chat.
    Something like: "{{username}} is throwing a flash". This would help to detect trolls faster.
  5. AFK management.
    Would be nice to autokick players who are inactive for a certain period of time (not including spectators).
    Sometimes people just join the game and are not playing. For example, not even choosing a class.
    This makes it harder to detect that they are AFKs and thus they are not kicked by voting. 
  6. Spies.
    This one is harder to implement but could improve the experience.
    There are 2 issues in one: an enemy player could join spectators to see your position and then switch back to their team and kill you.
    This has happened to me a few times and that's just not fair because you can't do anything against them (can't vote on other team members). Perhaps, some punishment for this would be nice.
    The other case is when you kill an enemy a lot, then the enemy joins your team just to teamkill you. Some auto punishments would be good.
  7. Teamkillers.
    Some people get mad, teamkill you and then just leave the server. They can't get banned through a vote, because they left fast enough yet they are left without a punishment.
    Perhaps, auto ban for some period of time could work. It would just check your last kill and if it's a team kill and you left the game within 15s, then you should be banned.
  8. Trolls.
    Now this is happening from time to time to me. A group of 3 friends joins a server and starts a vote to kick/ban innocent players or the ones that they don't like for whatever reason.
    If there is an access to Steam APIs, one could check social graph of voters and detect if voters are friends and could be potentially trolling by kicking people or killing them for no reason.
    So there is a need to check previous actions of a person who is being kicked.
  9. In-chat ads.
    Occasionally, there are "ads" of other =F|A= servers, which are personally a little distracting to me and pointless at the same time.
    While playing Multiplayer, I don't really care about Co-op and how the other server is doing. Yet it occupies space and shifts messages from teammates.
  10. Global voice chat across the team.
    Would be cool if there was no separation of voice chat per squad when one squad can hear the other one only if members are nearby.
    In practice, no one is really using mics for tactical playing and there are not that many people with mics anyway.
    However, sometimes there are just funny players around and you want to hear them but can't join their squad.
    Running around them is not cool. 

Regards,

Poopy 

Edited by Poopman
  • Like 2

Glad to see changes so fast!

We were discussing another idea with Unknown and he asked me to duplicate it here. 

The idea is to create another multiplayer server but this one would be a hardcore one:

• No teammate indicators
  • No killfeed
  • No 3rd person spectating

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

Glad to see changes so fast!

We were discussing another idea with Unknown and he asked me to duplicate it here. 

The idea is to create another multiplayer server but this one would be a hardcore one:

• No teammate indicators
  • No killfeed

What do you guys think?

id f*** with it

• Like 2

On 29.03.2018 at 6:17 PM, Poopman said:

• No teammate indicators
  • No killfeed

What do you guys think?

I believe that would be a great idea. It would make great division on hardcore and regular servers (#1 and #3 regular, #2 and #4 hardcore). But for now I'm not sure if it can work, as we sometimes have troubles with filling just one pvp server, we need more admins. So, I think it's a good idea, but we need to recruit more players :)

#edit: yay, first post in refreshed forum :D

On 3/31/2018 at 3:57 AM, RaV137 said:

I believe that would be a great idea. It would make great division on hardcore and regular servers (#1 and #3 regular, #2 and #4 hardcore). But for now I'm not sure if it can work, as we sometimes have troubles with filling just one pvp server, we need more admins. So, I think it's a good idea, but we need to recruit more players :)

#edit: yay, first post in refreshed forum :D

i feel like the coop hardcore server isnt doing much that should be turned into a PVP hardcore probably see better results

• Sad 1

It's admins' favourite server, remember we had a lot insurgency nights, where there were ~5/6 FAs playing, I cannot let go that server :o