What made you continue to play ET?

Oxifresh

I never wanna see ET die ahha but I think its the strong community of players that will keep this game alive. I also love that I can go on and play obj and try hard and have a blast or just take it easy and still enjoy myself

because the first time i played et i knew it would be/stay one of my fav games ever i always enjoy playing et it's so different from other fps games i just love everything about et so yeah i keep playing et!

Been playing ET since early 2000's when first released, before that I was playing CS. I had many years on Quark clan servers and I played a year on one of the servers of F|A about 6-7 years back. I remember admins back then were F|A DJ, Mexicano, Red Baird and guests were Mohammed and Buckwild. After Quark servers died I made it back to F|A where Beginner 2 is now my home.

The admins here are more mature, friendly and very helpful.

I see drama relating to stacked teams and spawn times, but it's not a big deal compared to problems I experienced on Q servers. Beginner 2 is in a good place with lots of activity and small issues will not get in the way of me relaxing and having fun each night :D

• Like 1

ET randomly ran through my head today and decided to visit an old forum, nice to see so many familiar names.. Was wondering if some of yall still played? If you do, please let me know where I can download the game and what server you guys play on, its been years since Ive played.

Don't remember many names except for a few, Ang31, Kronos, SuicidalManiac, Mastermind, Ipod, Rev, Bel Corps, SQ3R, Ballistic, Killer, Sonik, Renegade, Daredevil.. - if any of you guys still play msg me

• Like 1

The simplicity first, and i like the fact that there are different classes with their own responsibility. Speed was a big thing as well, this game is so fast like in terms of gameplay when you in a 1v1 battle with the jumping and strafing. There is nothing else like it!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

ET randomly ran through my head today and decided to visit an old forum, nice to see so many familiar names.. Was wondering if some of yall still played? If you do, please let me know where I can download the game and what server you guys play on, its been years since Ive played.

Don't remember many names except for a few, Ang31, Kronos, SuicidalManiac, Mastermind, Ipod, Rev, Bel Corps, SQ3R, Ballistic, Killer, Sonik, Renegade, Daredevil.. - if any of you guys still play msg me

Best place to d/l it is right here on the Downloads page. Sets up everything you need, including a minimizer if you want it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

I always loved the game, it was a small community and still is too this day, and that and its fun fast gameplay is what made me keep playing it for all these years

Many years playing ET with a few years off whilst travelling. Keep playing a few hours most nights to relax me, I can chill and have fun after a days work and hours with my wife and daughter. What else would I be doing at night hours aged 43? pubs/clubs? been there seen it got the T_shirt!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The team effort this game requires has not been matched in any other FPS game that I have played.

Also, in my opinion, gaining the skill from consistent practice is not the same as these quake (3) based games.

Watch "if quake were done today"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

like boom said its a religion.! i loved reading that boom.lol

i love the mind set it takes to play ... all of em . u met the koolest people and the ..game has never been surpassed.

the respawning parts pretty kool too.

oh and its fun!

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2017 at 12:49 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

La stessa cosa che ho detto nel Why You Play ET Thread:

Quale altro gioco ha trucchi o salti come ET? Lol

Principalmente, sono le persone. Non più molti nuovi giocatori. Molti di noi sono in giro da anni. Siamo diventati tutti buoni amici, abbiamo molti ricordi, molti momenti ed esperienze divertenti. Siamo stati in diversi clan, abbiamo giocato a diverse mod, siamo stati in squadre e possiamo parlare di altri server e giocatori memorabili che sono venuti e andati.

Abbiamo suonato insieme in tempi diversi, ci siamo allontanati, poi abbiamo attraversato di nuovo i sentieri. Non importa quale sia la tua età, siamo cresciuti insieme in ET. Siamo una generazione di giocatori, non diversa da una generazione di persone cresciute nella stessa epoca, come negli anni '60, et al. Abbiamo quel legame comune.

Un giorno, si spera molto lontano da ora, ET andrà via, i server saranno spariti, ma ricorderemo la prima mappa che abbiamo giocato (1944 Beach), il primo server su cui eravamo abituali (Pizza e birra). Mi ricorderò del tempo in cui ho giocato a sQzz in un 1v1, o quando ho preso a calci Nuggan dal server del pub di Nbs, pensando che stesse hackerando. Essere su TS con giocatori diversi. Il mio primo migliore amico in ET; Hagster. Vedremo qualcuno su Facebook o in un altro gioco che riconosciamo da ET. Guarderemo mAus: The Movie su YouTube o mostreremo ai nostri amici che non hanno mai giocato a ET (o forse non ne hanno mai sentito parlare). E ricorderemo che eravamo parte del più grande gioco FPS che ci sia mai stato. Un gioco che non ha bisogno di grafica realistica, o talk radiofonico militare in sottofondo, o mappe basate sugli affari correnti nel mondo.

Questa è una parte importante del perché continuo a giocare. Vedi, adoro questo gioco e tutto ciò che lo riguarda. È una vera storia d'amore che si è radicata nel mio sangue, nel mio cuore e nella mia anima. Vorrei essere più abile a farlo, ma non mi interessa davvero. Sono solo felice di averne preso parte.

Are you a real poet, and do you know why? Although I have lived your same emotions, but from the beginning and I really played against Maus and all the Champions of the past of ET, and then I can perhaps "Enjoy" more in terms of satisfaction of the comparison with the players "Pro", but at the same time I have identified with the descriptions you have listed, and even though I have lived them in other years different from yours, I adapt myself precisely, so I conclude that all of us who have stayed or returned have understood all the true sense of ET and only we know it and we share it continuously every day, it is a natural pleasure that comes from within and we will take it with us forever, we now have the license, we can drive our emotion.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Cquattro said:

Are you a real poet, and do you know why? Although I have lived your same emotions, but from the beginning and I really played against Maus and all the Champions of the past of ET, and then I can perhaps "Enjoy" more in terms of satisfaction of the comparison with the players "Pro", but at the same time I have identified with the descriptions you have listed, and even though I have lived them in other years different from yours, I adapt myself precisely, so I conclude that all of us who have stayed or returned have understood all the true sense of ET and only we know it and we share it continuously every day, it is a natural pleasure that comes from within and we will take it with us forever, we now have the license, we can drive our emotion.

Well, thank you sir!

• 100 1

In my opinion ET is one of the best FPS games out there, no micro transaction, monthly fees, and can run on a very simple computer if needed!

I really enjoy playing this game and I'm extra glad i was able to find a good server with a lot of people playing on it. :D

Edited by Candycane
  • Like 1
  • 100 3