DOI-Suggestion Day Of Infamy Suggestion

As an individual whose been a huge fan of this game (and a former-insurgency player) I can tell these suggestions are not unfounded one reason( besides gameplay-element can be refreshing) is because this game in general has limited content which brings me to my point. The main issue with the game is that we don't have that many maps (and as someone who strictly plays coop mode in multiplayer games, I know this from experience on how people tend to get bored of playing the same content over and over again) the main flaw I've seen in insurgency and Day of Infamy is the limited content released by NWI, (and this is one of the main reasons why I retired from the game initially) 

A custom server which gives the ability to vote for coop custom maps, will not only make  the game interesting but adds more challenges and new tactical approaches to your targets.

I saw a post from GoogalaJones on the edition of adding custom maps into the game and there were talks by other members on this matter therefore it is definitely a topic worth discussing.  If you look at https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=447820&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags[]=Stronghold&requiredtags[]=Entrenchment 
this alone will give twice the amount of maps available to the vanilla edition of the game.

Not only will this give the players new challenges and something new to look forward to, but it also showcases the artistic merits of the community who took the time and effort to build these maps (which in turn reflects on the passion these individuals have for this game). 

I personally think this is good for the server itself, because people who aren't members of F/A have said that this is an amazing server to be on. To me I would like them to give more reasons to stay on longer or be more active on our servers than other servers. For instance imagine they also find out that F/A is not only known for its community but for more content for the game that other servers do not offer (in this case it's new maps). We might as well change the name of the game from "day of infamy" to "world of infamy" coz this will definitely expand the game's community and the DOI universe.

Edited by Rey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1