Can't play any COD4 :(

Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

Won't be playing any COD4 due to the fact my PC is now a brick.

No idea how it happened but every time I switched it on it blue screened (literally flashed up) and then the comp restarted.

So I take the hard drive out of my PC and put it into my brothers to see if that was the problem. It was all working could browse through all the files. So I download Ubuntu, put it on a disc and boot it.

The boot fails and my PC can't read the disc. So now I am attempting to boot it from a USB but I need to re download Ubuntu because it disappeared... So I have an hour until I can try that and hopefully it will work but this is just in case.

PS if anyone has any suggestions to why it isn't working feel free to post them :D

EDIT Well ISO is mounted to USB but it isn't on the list in the boot menu. Anyone got any suggestions?

Edited by Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

could be a hard drive failure... do you have an extra hard drive to test?

also could be much worse... last time i had the blue screen, i needed a new motherboard.

I think everything is fine now. Ubuntu is working fine but I still need a windows emulator and a whole ton of other stuff to set up before I play any COD4.

Also thank you very much for the suggestion :thanks