ET Remastered

Oxifresh

It is cool to see the games you played as a king get remastered when you're older. Ive always thought how cool would it be if they remastered wolfenstein enemy territory. Just wondering how many of you guys would actually pay to support a remastered version. I feel like a lot of people would want a remastered and I personally would donate to help out. Let me know what your opinion is.

i don't no some games like ET where meant to last for a long time and ET is for sure one of them the game it self is  14 years old and it still gets new players just about every day.

so i don't really see any point in doing a remaster of the game.

why fix something that not  broken.

i mean if you really want to get down to it then there  already is games out there just like  ET that pretty much a remaster of the game it self like  csgo  call of duty   and even the new insurgency there all  pretty much just remastered versions of the game it self.

+ ET is already a remastered game it self of  RTCW 

• Like 1

i see where you're coming from, at least a source code cleanup/rewrite would be kind of cool

ya i can see something like that happen  + it would be awesome if we got some  new map master out there  making  new maps that would make ET soooo much better even tho there are still maps that i have not played and i been around long ass time lol feelsoldbatman

• Like 1

If it was done on the right engine, absolutely! I No matter how good a remaster, i'd probably just stick with the old game though for the most part though.

I feel like it'd be next to impossible not to mess something up. 

• Like 2

My biggest complain about ET would be, that sometimes when I lean at a corner to spot enemies and I see someone running towards me, that they disappear for half a sec when I jump into action and I have no idea where I have to aim now... So it would be awesome if someone updated the network communication for the game. I dont care about better graphics in the game.

Alot can be done with server cfg for limiting weapons etc. Couple other things that would make the game more enjoyable are the fix for bugs, both the game and especially with the maps. If map is done poorly and is a bugger and lagger, it kills the mood for me. Other than those I am fine with the ET and certainly would not pay for a new version, because they already had a chance and they blew it. Common user is not listened in these, but they go and add some UFO shit in new games.

• Like 2

if this is a wishlist thread: how about just optimized for current age technology, make the engine capable of using more than 512mb memory, higher definition texture packs and models. Bam. We all wouldn't be strugglign with newer pcs not getting good fps

tbh NO

i love it the way it is. EASY

& EVERYONE can play it, it doesnt matter how old your pc is (and this makes it to an allrounder and not only for people who can spend money for computer shit)

some new maps sometimes, map maker like destiny or people who can remove bugs in maps or ye maybe bit more memory to make big maps smoother.

but the game itself should stay how it it. i like the look, the gameplay, the movement.

• Like 3

Someone has done this. They remastered the graphics and changed the graphics engine to an updated version of OpenGL.
I looked at this as a way to fix FPS issues caused by needed OpenGL extensions being truncated on AMD cards.

Unfortunately, it only worked on "original maps"-- ie: those that Splash Damage released or those that were published early. It wouldn't play well with our graphics mods (like our FA med packs) or some newer maps such as Venice.

EDIT:

if this is a wishlist thread: how about just optimized for current age technology, make the engine capable of using more than 512mb memory, higher definition texture packs and models. Bam. We all wouldn't be strugglign with newer pcs not getting good fps

Have you checked out ET: Legacy? It fixes the issues regarding the ancient engine. Now I haven't checked out the Q3 engine source code myself, but I don't remember any specific memory limitation. In fact, I know it was incredibly inefficient at managing memory (ie: took too much) back when most machines ran 128 megs. I believe it lacked a dynamic allocation function. As far as a limit... I can't remember or even trigger one. I've never seen the game take more than maybe 370-400 megs of RAM.

Edited by Xernicus

yeah just let the game how it is and just update fix a few things that would be enough cuz et is so unique  i have played so many games and really nothing is like et it's the best game i have ever played and that would never change