NHL Season 2017-2018

L3ftY.

Its amazing how you go sometimes so long pointless streak even that you play well. Koivu is without points now for nine game row, he was once six game without point, but now nine game. And o boy he had chances to make goals or got that assist. Boys shot wide of empty nets when he give assist. Yes there has been couple poor games too, but mostly he played very well and created chances, but they are just not going in and its frustrating. I as fan hoped that this would be his year to win Selke, but you need so much points to get Selke these days, before it was given to best two-way forward now its given to the pointman who just didn't made enough points to win Art Ross. Also its happened many time that Koivu went to line change and his line mates stayed in ice and Staal game to Koivu spot and that line make goal. Woah. Anyway as Bruce sayed, Koivu is very close long and strong hot-streak he just need that one goal.

We are badling against injuries again. Our best defender is out (Spurgeon) has been last six game, where we have been able to won five. Parise has been out whole season, but is closing to come back and now we lost Dubnyk. Its little bit explain his poor game, when he has been badled against injurie, but he also was playing a lot better lately. Now Stalock got that chance. When Dubnyk was strugling i wished so much that Bruce would give Stalock chance to stole net, but he keep putting Duby in net, so now its Stalock time, to show how good Dubnyk actually is or is that our good defence play what make him look better, or is Dubnyk making our D-play looking better. I like Stalock style, his badle lvl is high, he is fast goalie, probably fastest goalie what i never seen before and he is super agressive (gamestyle) I like him, but i fear that he is too small goalie and good scorers would just shoot high.

• 3 weeks later...

Great game against Florida in the tuesday, i think our best game of the year. Now we are first time fully healthy against buffalo today. Dubnyk has played two very good game after he came from injurie, and i always think that Dubnyk is best when he get enough rest and competetion from back up. Stalock played great hockey in the net when Dubhy was out he posted over 92 save percant and had winning record in nine game what he played and showed that he is cabable back up goalie. He did kept us close in every game and didnt allowe any easy goals, just what u wait from your back up. Now when we got Parise, Niederreiter and Dubnyk back lets start our playoff hunt!

Funny video from Wild road trip. Show also that players have a lot luxury and you can be very thankfull for chance to play in NHL. https://www.nhl.com/wild/video/player-pov-road-trip-part-i/t-277437412/c-56372303

• 2 weeks later...

Just got updated my fantasy team. Its already half point of season. Biggest improvers are Rantanen, Couturier and Aho, who i put to play in my second unit together. I still miss one big point man from D-group. Dumba is best pointman from D-line with 22 points. Brodin, Scandella and possible last season playing Beauchemin are all defensive defenders and in top 10 in they own position (as defendesive defenders) Dumba is still young and have potential to be 50+ pointman someday same as Vatanen and Määttä is more two-way defender than offensive power. Let see if Beauchy retires i might take Spurgeon from Wild to his spot, he have opened my eyes in this season and he has been best d-man from Wild group. Couple veterans are strugling. Jokinen and Hartnell. Hartnell got good ice time before injury and played 15+ min game and was pace to 50+ point season, but after injury he played barely 10 min per game and dropp in the points. Jokinen has been difficulties to get ice-time. Stewart has been also strugling to even fit in the Wild team lately, and he has been biggest disappointment, but i give him time, he is great guy and team player. My goalies allowed 2,63GAA per game, what is highest in my fantasy team history what i started in 2011-2012 season. Saros start was weak, but then he made two shoutout where one had over 50 shots. Dubnyk was strugling at to start, but after he got competition from Stalock he started to play better. He probably will dropp his GAA closer to 2,3 from current 2,66.

I am in 16 place in the standings but outside of playoffline in my own division :/ i have 50 point what is tie with Wild and Chicago and one point away from first wild card team Dallas. My team has made 149 goal what is third best in the NHL.

https://ibb.co/eVGZSR

fmubeq.png

Edited by von Rantala

• 2 weeks later...

Goalie interference is obviously depending on which teams are playing and who is scored on...

This goal is called back 

And this one (obviously goalie interference with a guy shoving his stick against the goalies hat and even ending up falling on him) is a good goal! 
https://www.nhl.com/video/schmaltz-cleans-up-rebound/t-277752844/c-56994903

And I thought we've seen it all...

Goalie interference is obviously depending on which teams are playing and who is scored on...

This goal is called back 

And this one (obviously goalie interference with a guy shoving his stick against the goalies hat and even ending up falling on him) is a good goal! 

https://www.nhl.com/video/schmaltz-cleans-up-rebound/t-277752844/c-56994903

And I thought we've seen it all...

Yeah, same happened to all teams mate for Wild too. Its just ridiculous, coaches just try they luck when they see even small touch on goalie. Its big shame on hockey at the moment how they disallowe some goals and allowe some. They didnt fix the problem even that we saw very questionable goal in the last year playoff. Its big shame on hockey at the moment, how they dont have clear line how they see interference.

• Like 1

I am little bit surprised that teams who have goalie problems havent tryed to solve those by trades. Teams like New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes would need better starter, they still baddle on playoff spot and maybe Lehtonen from Dallas could solve that problem. Also Chicago is big need of better back up, i am not surprised that Forsberg was not able to be solid back up, he was not that in the Columbus either, he is great AHL goalie, but that always not mean you are great in NHL lvl, he can be good in short periods. Chicago probably will dropp out this year. Central is so hard division and Kane and Toews contracts eat they possibility to wide roster what they had before, in start of season Crawford who was in my mind first half MVP kept them in they playoff race, they still can come close if they get Crawford back. Lehtonen could be answer to they problems, but otherhand i dont think Dallas would like to trade good goalie to own division. Detroit could need better goalie too, Howard played well, but they might look new one in the summer. Edmonton could look out new one in too in summer and Vancouver already in this season. Also Buffalo might think new goalie. St. Louis also, Hutton played well but they waited Allen to be they starter, Allen is irregular goalie, he could be good, but mainly he is good because so good defence, in weaker team he would be back up. Goalies who could be available. Lehtonen (DAL), Grubauer (WSH), Halak (NYI), Darling and Ward (CAR) Mrazek (DET), Nieme (MTL), Lehner (BUF) Mason and Hutchinsson (WPG), Miller (ANA) and Talbot (EDM)

Raanta has plaeyd very well in weak Arizona team and in my mind he should have been chosen to All-star game from Arizona.

One of many great videos of why Hockey have best sportsmanship in the world

I think because we are rare  team sport where fighting is allowed (even that you get penalty from that) it make also players to respect each others more, because you have to sacrifice your self in the ice. One slapshot in wrong place could kill you, unlucky hit from skate can kill you, one unlucky tackle can make you paralytic and they know that and they still give everything in the ice, what make then also respect each others probably more than other sports. I remember once that there was added some championship talks from NHL and from NBA in here FA site. In NBA mvp of playoffs talked only himself, when mvp from NHL he talked only on team. NBA is more shiny leaguea where you earn huge moneys, but in NHL its hard working league where you have to earn respect, not by points like in NBA, but in team play. Thats why i love hockey.

I recomment you to watch this video too

Half of those great goals would be disallowed on this year because goalie interference. Thats so big shame on our hockey now. Example that Knuble goal in 10:32 would be clear dissallowed goal in these days.

Oboy, we are awful team away from home. We allowe more than 4 goal per game away from home save percante is under 88. and we make only two goal away from home. In home we are third best team and in away 26 place. I think i never seen wild being this worse team away from home and i followed them since 2005 and in some of times we had bellowe avarage team when we was not allowed to use full salary cap. We are in the playoff spot at moment for one point, but Colorado has played one less game. Biggest problem has been missing production from Koivu (only pace for 40 point season) and from Parise (only pace of 20 point season in full season with 7milj salary cap). Koivu has played very well in d-zone, but he looked slow in his skating and he cant put puck in the net from chances what he got, he already missed two empty net situation which he was breakaway and opposite goalie was pulled away. How you cant hit empty net, its ridicilous. Atleast he is trying and giving everything in ice. Parise injuries finally did catched him up. He is not same player as he was before. He probably never be 40+ point man in NHL and we should even trade him our buy out his contract to make room for players like Pacioretty. You cant blame too much on Dubnyk or Stalock on they weak GAA or save% but they have to play better and maybe we should try to look out new goalie in next summer. Biggest need is to get either top 6 winger or third line center who can compite on second center spot with Koivu. Now we have to use Ennis in first line winger and you cant use player who is only 20 point pace in your first line. We have to use Coyle in the thirdline center, because Eriksson Ek is sturgling with production, he played very good season but is only 15 point pace. We truly miss Scandella in our D-zone we waited that Reilly and Olofsson could take his spot, but both has failed. Most we miss Stevens. Under his wings, we had one of best defense in league last year and now we are close to bottom with Bob Woods handling d-mans. He never been good d-zone coach, but Bruce wanted him behind bench and it was huge mistake. Next year we should try to look someone else to run our D-group, because we have one of best d-mans in whole league, but our stats not look good in d-zone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

St. Louis is now going same Yeo losing streaks what we went with him four year row. St. Louis won only one game in last 10 game and two in last 15 game. Same losing streaks happened to Wild too every year (with Yeo) and now when its finally happening to other teams too, its proove that its not only on our players fault, but style of Yeo coaching. He create style of hockey what favor these kind streaks. Streaks of losing and streaks of winning. Let see if this killing St. Louis season in the regular season. Wild was always able to fight through these and find them in the playoffs because they had leaders like Koivu, Parise, Suter and Vanek in team. I am not happy to see Blues losing, but it just proove that its not was our players who you can blame as Yeo always was blaming our veteran players on our losing streaks, but its style of his coaching.

Still watching hockey as before, but not writing here as often as before, because i has been busy. Very often i am able to watch games 1-3 day delay, because when i go work, i make long day and come home only to sleep or i have only one hour free time when i come home and game take couple hour, only i cant watch games just before i go sleep, or i have hard time to get sleep because i live so strongly in the games that it get me long time to calm down and get a sleep. I didnt make any changes to my fantasy team in the trade deadline, i am happy on everyone. Jokinen have hard season but rest is playing great season. Couturier, Rantanen and Aho all are playing they best seasons and Couturier could even win Selke trophy. Even that Hartnell playes at fourth-line role in the Nashville he still get good points per even-strenght mins and fight time to time. I was very sad and disappointent to see Stewart traded, he jumped to my all time favorite players list super fast, he was true lockerroom player, great guy, but his skills and play was not satisfying Bruce anymore, he wanted to use younger players instead Stewart who was still giving his all when he was playing, didnt make mistakes a lot, his plus/minus was not team worst. Only thing was that he didnt fight in this season, and probably Bruce waited that to him, maybe Bruce see him more as Enforcer and was disappointent to see that Stewie didnt want to fight anymore. Its always sad to see your favorite player to traded from team what you follow, i truly enjoyed to following him, maybe second most after Koivu. I noticed that always when he made goal, i did yell and cheer more to his goals than rest of guys except Koivu ofc. He remind me a lot on Konopka, who i loved a lot, Konopka was pure enforcer and team player also, great guy in lockerroom. They game style was different (stewart-Konopka) but they style to be lockerroom players was same. They always cheer up lockerroom. I willl come to miss him and i truly hope he can get real chance in the Calgary (he did sit couple game already :/) and can get chance to continue his NHL career in next year. Wild Also traded M. Reilly to MTL. I liked him too, let see maybe its good boost to his career. Little bit like Scandy who was traded to Buffalo, he is now first pair defender there and get more credit to his play. Scandy is only -1 in team where rest of defenders are like -20. He has been playing great season. Yes i miss him a lot, but in our team he would probably been third pair defender with 18 min per game, now he is first pair defender with 24 min per game ice time. So i am very happy for him. With Brodin, Scandella is my favorite active defenders in NHL. Wild didnt get anyone from trade deadline, i hoped we could have got Pacioretty, but after i hear Fletcher (GM) reasons why he didnt make any trades i did agree those and i am happy. Its also fact that after Hanzal trade last year, we was not playing as well as before that trade. So lets give our current roster chance in the playoffs and let see where it goes. If Parise can get his game back he can be as valauble than trade of Pacioretty.

https://www.hockeyinsiders.net/articles/nhl-wants-players-coaches-to-stop-complaining-to-m/
just wtf.. fix your shit NHL rather than silencing the players and coaches! But for sure that's easier than fixing the problem

• Like 2

https://www.hockeyinsiders.net/articles/nhl-wants-players-coaches-to-stop-complaining-to-m/

just wtf.. fix your shit NHL rather than silencing the players and coaches! But for sure that's easier than fixing the problem

Yeah in tuesday game there was also very questionable goal what referrees allowed even that NBC commentators both sayed it should be disallowed goal and it was clear goalie interference. I cant add link to video now because i cant visit NHL site yet.

• Like 1