NHL Season 2017-2018

L3ftY.

Mikko made new contract, Mikko made new Contract, Koivu will continue two more season in the Wild. You cant believe how happy i am, i actually cry now for happiness. Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I am soo soo happy. My best  hockey moment of life. Yes thanks Wild thanks Koivu. Wow. I am sooo happy. 11 milj for two coming year. Yes. you cant believe how i fear coming season because i fear that i cant enjoy season so much if i fear do wild make new contract with him or not. Now i dont need to fear and i can enjoy for hockey. Thanks!

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 2

Time to start supporting another team?  ;)

what kind of fan would he be if he switched team just cause they're playing bad???? pffft

Switching to a winning team is called a bandwagon fan...like most of Penguins fans :)

• Like 3

what kind of fan would he be if he switched team just cause they're playing bad???? pffft

Switching to a winning team is called a bandwagon fan...like most of Penguins fans :)

Yeah or Hawks fans! I stayed with Wild through our hard times, i stayed loyal even that they traded Konopka one of my favorite players and when they let Brodz walk, or when they benched legent Niklas Bäckström. I didnt like how they treat Bäckström but i stayed loyal. I am big Wild fan and if someday happen that Koivu move to other team i will follow him like i did with Niittymäki when he left from Philly, but i will still continue following Wild. Only thing what can let me leave Wild is if they act disrestfully against Koivu. That i hate. I was Habs fan before, but i disliked how they acted against Saku Koivu. That was huge amount of disrescpt what they showed to him, when they didnt re-sign him and gave number 11 to Gomez only after one season. After that i havent followed Habs anymore. Its most disresptfull team in NHL. How they treated Patrick Roy, or Recci and other legents from 1990 century. Before they had respect to old legents but not for long time anymore.

• Like 1

Okey because i have been super busy i didnt had time to make my NHL news, i am little bit sad and dissapointent that i didnt find time to do those. But it was just impossible, because one team did take me 45 min to do, and now i just didnt had time to use 25 hour to make NHL news. Now i try get all done in three hours and i used 2 hour today to make minor news. I try post teams in fast timeline and last teams could come after season already started. Remind that these news are very small these times and you cant call these as news but my predictions on how they play in the coming season.

Here come predictions

Metropolitan Divison

Teams who will go to playoffs

1. Washington Capitals (win the east conference)

2. Pittsburght Penguins

3. New York Rangers

4. Columbus Blue Jackets

Teams who will dropp out

1. Carolina Hurricanes

2. Philadelphia Flyers

3. New York Islanders

4. New Jersey Devils

Atlantic Division

1. Montreal Canadiens

2. Boston Bruins

3. Tampa Bay Lignings

In the borderline teams

1. Toronto Maple Leafs

2. Ottawa Senators

Teams who will dropp out from playoffs

1. Florida Panthers

2. Buffalo Sabres

3. Detroit Red Wings

Central Division

1. Minnesota Wild

2. Dallas Stars

3. Chicago Blackhawks

4. Nashville Predators

5. St. Louis Blues

Teams who will dropp out from playoffs

6. Winnipeg Jets

7. Colorado Avalanche

Pasific Division

1. Edmonton Oilers (win the West conference)

2. Anaheim Ducks

3. San Jose Sharks

Teams who will drop out of playoffs

1. Los Angeles Kings

2. Calgary Flames

3. Vancouver Canuks

4. Arizona Coyetes

5. Vegas Golden Knights

And couple explanation

Anaheim

Will go to playoffs, have one of best goalie tandems in NHL. Miller can challange Gibson who is one of best young goalies in the league. Question mark is wide in the offensive groups. Also coach style is very wearing, what can be seen in the start of season. Anaheim have one of NHL best young defenders group and they was able to give Theodore to Vegas even that he could be future star player in the NHL. Kesler played great season last year, but year before that was not so good, he is little bit irregular. Perry stats also have dropp each year and i think we will not see him as 65- point man anymore. Rakell can be they best player in the coming year.

Goalie out look

1. Gibson 45-50 game

2. Miller 35-40 game

Arizona

Got new coach behind bench. But will not go to playoffs, miss big number one center and some young players got step back last year. Team is maybe worst team in the paper. I saw they coach Tocchett a lot when i was following Niittymäki in the Tampa and i have to say he was one of my favorite coach long time. He got a lot out from poor Tampa team, and he was not favoring anyone. I remember how Smith was decided to be they starter in there and Niittymäki was chose to be back up who will play only 15-20 game, but when Niittymäki was playing better, Tocchett gave him more games. He is also very good with young players. Team is just too weak to go to playoffs they need too big steps from they young players and they need some star players which are hard to get in the Arizona when team is all the time in danger to get new home.

Goalie out look

1. Raanta 55-60 game

2. Domingue 15-20 game

3. Will probably trade goalie in the trade deadline to help Raanta

Boston

Will be back to playoffs. Team have very good and young d-group who can take steps in this season, biggest question mark is they coach who is not experienced in the NHL lvl. Rask is healthy again and baddle on Vezina trophy. Team has also very good centers and good two way players what will help them. Pastarnak who made new contact is question mark, was that just one good season or is he really star player?

1. Rask 60-70 game

2. Khudobin 5-10 game

3. Subban 1-5 game

4. McIntyre 1-5 game

Buffalo

Could suprise and go to playoffs, they got in my mind NHL best assist coach to they full time coach now. (Housley). Housley can surprise and lead team to playoffs and it would not surprise me at all if we see Buffalo in the playoffs. Why i put them out then? Because they defence group is still too thin, they would need help in there. Plus secondary scoring (third line) is weak if you compare that to other teams who i put to playoffs. Lehner played well last couple years, but is still in my eyes minor question mark.

Goalie out look

1. Lehner 50-55 game

2. Johnson 25-30 game

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Teams of the day.

Calgary Flames

Will not go to playoffs in this year, last year they got boost from new coach like couple year ago, but now they will dropp out, they goalie problem is not fixed and they still have to start defence better. They have very good defenders in the paper, but maybe they need more defensive defenders and two way offenders to help in defence. Mike Smith is maybe most overrated goalie and Läck one of worst back ups.

Goalie out look

1. Smith 55-60 game

2. Läck 10-15 game

3. Gillies 5-10 game

4. Goalie trade in the trade deadline

Carolina

Carolina remind me a lot on Edmonton from past seasons, they are very close to playoff spot in this year, coach Peters have done good job, but maybe coach change is only thing what needed for playoff spot. They have very good young d-group, semi-wide offensive group, and a lot young players who can be big stars players in the furute. They also made good moves and added couple very good two-way forward in the group what make they fourth line maybe best in NHL. Would not surprise if they are in the playoffs, biggest question mark is Goalies, can Darling be starter for longer runs. I cant say on that, because i havent see him a lot.

Goalie out look

1. Darling 40-45 game

2. Ward 35-40 game

Chicago Blackhawks

Made couple big and good moves in the summer, and bring back Saad and Sharp. Sharp is not same player as before, but salary is also small. Biggest key to they suggest is how they young players product and i think they era is ending. NHL best coach make team better and if Quenneville would not be they coach they could even dropp out. Now they go in but will dropp out in first round. Forsberg has good stats in AHL lvl, but failed in NHL lvl, and i think Berube will overtake him in the goal.

Goalie outlook

1. Crawford 60-65 game

2. Forsberg 5-10 game

3. Berube 10-15 game

Colorado Avalanche

I think team will kick coach Bednar in some point of season and could take Tippett behind bench or Bylsma. If they keep Bednar they will end to be last team again. Team have potential to baddle on playoffs spot but Bednar style is not suitable for this team. Rantanen can surprise many and be team best individual. Team still have good offensive group, but D-group need little bit help.

Goalie out look

1. Varlamov 50-55 game

2. Bernier 25-30 game

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 2

Columbus Blue Jackets

I think team is better than many things but biggest problem could be they coach, his style to coach teams eat them a lot and divide them. That can been seen in Tampa, NYR and Van where he coached before, its also good to remember Tortorella have one cup in the Tampa, so he is not bad coach. Team have maybe NHL best goalie and good offensive group, only where they could need help is D-group.

Goalie out look

1. Bobrovsky 55-60 game

2. Korpikoski 25-30 game

Dallas

Can surprise many and win West conference again, as a Wild fan i ofc but Wild first in our division but Dallas will be very hard contendor, its eather Wild or the Dallas who go to Stanley Finals from West conference. Dallas got Hitchock as they coach and they have very good Goalies and offensive group. I think Lehtonen will overtake Bishop in the goal, but Bishop will overtake Lehtonen again in the playoffs. Lehtonen will play comeback season and will make new contract somewhere else after this season and will be starter again. Biggest question mark is, can Hitchock who is known for defensive style gaming, get defence actually working. D-group still need big improvement in they roster. One big name from trade deadline could solve a lot problems and if young d-mans can take big step in progress. Hanzal signing was maybe best signation of the whole summer camp. Dallas was without star two-way player and now they got Hanzal. Will go to playoffs and we see epic baddle between Wild and Dallas some time of the playoffs.

Goalie outlook

1. Bishop 40-45 game

2. Lehtonen 40-45 game

Detroit

Will be last team in the east and Blashill get fired, could get fired even middle of season. They core players are old and young players dont have huge potential. Ofc Larkin is example, but others dont have big star player potential. Mrazek play come back season.

Goalie outlook

1. Mrazek 50-55 game

2. Howard 35-40 game

Edmonton Oilers

Even that i dont like McLellan (coach) because he make panic moves with captains and sometimes with roster moves, he is good coach who will get EDM win the western conference. Team will play very enterteining hockey and because new rules in the faceoffs brings more penaltys and powerplays EDM will get big boost from that. They dropp early in the playoffs tho, because they defence group is not enough good to go long in the playoffs, but they offensive group is maybe best in the NHL. Talbot showed last year that he can be starter.

Goalie outlook

1. Talbot 60-65 game

2. Brossoit 20-25 game

Edmonton Oilers

Even that i dont like McLellan (coach) because he make panic moves with captains and sometimes with roster moves, he is good coach who will get EDM win the western conference. Team will play very enterteining hockey and because new rules in the faceoffs brings more penaltys and powerplays EDM will get big boost from that. They dropp early in the playoffs tho, because they defence group is not enough good to go long in the playoffs, but they offensive group is maybe best in the NHL. Talbot showed last year that he can be starter.

Goalie outlook

1. Talbot 60-65 game

2. Brossoit 20-25 game

Florida Panthers

They new coach is big question mark, dont remember him coaching in the NHL and it can be seen in the play, or he could give same kind boost for team like Roy gave Colorado couple year ago. Barkov probably get Selke finalist notification and the Luongo still keep him in the top of league. That they let Jokinen and Jagr go show in the stats, and they make a lot less goals than last year and they wide in the offensive group could be problem and because they dont have enough wide in the group they will dropp out from playoffs.

Goalie outlook

1. Luongo 45-50 game

2. Reimer 30-35 game

Los Angeles Kings

I put them out of playoffs because i believe St. Louis and Nashville more. I have seen Stevens in the coach role a lot. He was coach in the Philly when Niittymäki was playing in there and he did fail as coach. He dont get a lot out of players and he favor players and thats not good in the long run. Coach is not only problem, problem is also that team dont have wide in they forward group, scoring have been issue several year and they havent tryed to fix that.They have good top 4 (Kopitar, Carter, Toffoli and Cammalleri) but then dropp is huge. Gaborik is not same player as before, Pearson havent take improvement in his gaming and there is not big promising players coming to group. They future not look good in the offensive side. Also after top 3 in defence group dropp is big. They trust too much that Kopitar, Carter, Doughty and Quick save them, but its not enough in current league to have only couple star players if they dont get enough suppor from other ones. Quick also havent been top 5 goalies anymore. Plus they signed Kuemper as back up. In Wild he was very good time to time, but he is super irregular, and can give a lot easy goals. I was shocked when they signed him, i was sure that Kuemper will not contine in the NHL anymore.

Goalie outlook

1. Quick 60-65 game

2. Kuemper 15-20 game

Minnesota Wild

I trule believe its our season. Many say that we got weaker in paper, but we have one of NHL best talent group. We had three captain in the last year WJC tournament and Eriksson EK could win rookie award. I hope we use Eriksson Ek in the first line winger than third line center. Also we got Cullen, i think he can be better fourth/third line center than Haula was to us last year. Hanzal lost hurt, but it would have been stupid to pay 5 milj to third line center. We was able to keep Nino and Granny in team so we are looking very good. Also Zucker-Koivu-Granlund made third most points in the last year (as a line) I hope healthy and good season for us. Also i am excited to see Stalock as back up. He remind me a lot on Niittymäki game style. Havent see as agressive goalie then Niittymäki. He is not so flexible than Niittymäki was, but i am sure i will enjoy watching him and i truly think that he can challange Dubnyk and that SJ time was just too early in his career. Dubnyk need more rest, he was tired in end of season. Parise also have to start play as his salary show and all will be fine. I believe Stalock can challange Duby and Bruce like to play two goalie.

Goalie outlook

1. Devan Dubnyk 45-50 game

2. Alex Stalock 30-35 game

• Like 1

Florida Panthers

They new coach is big question mark, dont remember him coaching in the NHL and it can be seen in the play, or he could give same kind boost for team like Roy gave Colorado couple year ago. Barkov probably get Selke finalist notification and the Luongo still keep him in the top of league. That they let Jokinen and Jagr go show in the stats, and they make a lot less goals than last year and they wide in the offensive group could be problem and because they dont have enough wide in the group they will dropp out from playoffs.

Goalie outlook

1. Luongo 45-50 game

2. Reimer 30-35 game

that will be a tough tandem to beat. both are unbeatable some games

• Like 1