Disable Poison Knife Yes/No?

Raptor

• Platinum VIP

No offense but i have played engi too and cov ops as well... I have to call a zillion times before revives or sometimes I am just beside them, they don't even see or see and ignore lol...

Only few medics know they were given a syringe xD

Same here, I play Engi on a few maps and covie on a few. I think the only think I never play is Soldier

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

You know, one thing you guys aren't maybe seeing. Once upon a time, when ET was very active, F|A Jay 1 was still the best JM server around. I was all ETPro in Nbs, but being an American, ETPro is deqad at night, so I looked for the best JM server. That was what, 5 or 6 years ago? And I been coming here ever since, like daily. Now it's the only place I play.

There's one thing about JM, it's the most fun mod because you have a lot of weapons to use, double jump, etc. In ETPro, we made fun of Jaymodders and considered JM players noobs because of the "noob" weapons.

Regardless, to get ot the point, a lot of people have come and gone but lately, a lot of long time regulars are rarely if ever seen anymore. You know why?? Jay 1 has become unbearable for long time players. There's a ton of new people, which is good but they're like a disease with the "noobish" way they play. Blocking is the worst. You can't make a move without getting blasted by any of the 5 or 6 Rifle 'nades. You have guys with 1200 XP using flame that never let off the trigger. They just run around like madmen, randomly shooting flame. If you go spec and fly over almost any map, half of it is covered in green poison gas. And too many people are running around with knives in their hands like this is some cowboys and Indians game. You have players who just stand in one spot and throw non-stop arty. I checked one guys stats and for the map he had 218 arty shots. WTH? 218???

It used to be any given night, Jay 1 was full or redirecting to Jay 2. Lately, those peak times have had 12-14 players per team. And that's a very recent decline. And most of the people playing on any given night have low XP. People who come to frag (not rate) and try to use any skills are completely frustrated. I know I am and I know from talking others are, too.

The poison knives are the worst. Bar none. There are now 2 threads full of people, some who like the poison- obviously those who use them, and most that hate the poison.

It would be nice to see limits on Rifle 'nades per team, limits on arty spamming, reducing slots to hopefully populate Jay 2 or any other servers more, but those are probably not going to happen because there isn't a cry out for that, however, removing poison would go a long way to making more people happy. Knivers can still throw knives and people who get hit can still defend themselves, fight back or heal like they can with almost any other weapon they get hit with. It's called a compromise, both sides gain something and both sides lose something to find a middle ground that makes both sides happy

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

i dont have a problem with rambos but i do when they cry over getting killed over being knifed. stop whining play the game like everyone else this is a jaymod server after all.

...so says the king of the noobs! :P

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

8 pages in this thread. 2 active threads. How about end the discussion and decide. can we lose the poison or not?

• Like 1

8 pages in this thread. 2 active threads. How about end the discussion and decide. can we lose the poison or not?

Nope xD .... Though I use it much lesser still it's fun to use it sometimes

(I haven't read all the thread, sorry)

Keep poison knifes please.

If not, why dont we disable heavy weapons, than double jump and finally, starting to play another game ? 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

(I haven't read all the thread, sorry)

Keep poison knifes please.

If not, why dont we disable heavy weapons, than double jump and finally, starting to play another game ? 

It's not getting rid of knives, just the poison, mate

I'd also appreciate a leader's decision and can you please merge this? https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90662-poll-disable-or-limit-number-of-poison-knifes-jay1-jay3/ and make the word poison bold. some people think we want to disable knifes in general.

Topic starts gettin a ping-pong between the same people. But finally there are more people against poison knifes obviously. There is also an older thread showing this and the reason why it was disabled on jay2 already.

(why dont you try the poison needle btw? its more of a fair challenge)

Imo we could get started by removing it on jay3 at least since there its being used too much on a fewer amount of players which makes it more annoying. on jay1 the chance of getting hit by the poison is less because there are more players.

• Like 1

I'd also appreciate a leader's decision and can you please merge this? https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90662-poll-disable-or-limit-number-of-poison-knifes-jay1-jay3/ and make the word poison bold. some people think we want to disable knifes in general.

Topic starts gettin a ping-pong between the same people. But finally there are more people against poison knifes obviously. There is also an older thread showing this and the reason why it was disabled on jay2 already.

(why dont you try the poison needle btw? its more of a fair challenge)

Imo we could get started by removing it on jay3 at least since there its being used too much on a fewer amount of players which makes it more annoying. on jay1 the chance of getting hit by the poison is less because there are more players.

the last time about a year ago annibal tried that and jay3 and it caused that activity was cut in half

And once it got re added it took a while before activity was back to normal

if it was up to me it stays as it is a few mainly raters are hitching up in servers to do this so they can get bigger scores

all players with less skills will be the victem of it by removing another option for them to be able to kill them

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

the last time about a year ago annibal tried that and jay3 and it caused that activity was cut in half

if it was up to me it stays as it is a few mainly raters are hitching up in servers to do this so they can get bigger scores

all players with less skills will be the victem of it by removing another option for them to be able to kill them

It's not lesser skilled players that use it, unless you're calling Elk, DR Spread, Augie, etc. lesser skilled and Jay 3 doesn't get the same traffic that Jay 1 does. 

• Like 2

y its not the newbies using these poisonknifes. it's rather some "experts" using it all the time which makes it even more annoying and repetitive.

i also dont see why the removal would make any players leave the server. considering the poll people would rather enjoy not getting poisoned that much anymore.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

It would probably draw more people back or to stay, which would fill the gap left by any players that left. I bet taking Adren off Jay 1 back in the day had the same arguments, but it was removed and Jay 1 thrives still

• Like 1